It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You got a problem with God?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex
reply to post by skajkingdom

Can you post the website you stole this from as I would like to read the article from there so I can check the numbered source things. It's not polite or very religious like to blatantly plagiarize. Oh wait, yes it is! The bible is full of it.

Here is my article: www.islamise.me...

where you will find the numbered sources.

And no, I did not steal it. It amazes me how people so easily toss around accusations - as if they were kids who DO those things, and think EVERYBODY does that. Well, guess what, some of us are grown up. I am a father of 3 kids for example.

Anyway ...

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
dawkins

evaluate everything

Everything ?Well I didn't know that. So dawgins has evaluated evrything?
Ok I guess I'm an atheist now. One word
Pathetic. This is your hero Who evaluates all

You people are a total crack up keep it coming

[edit on 9-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
dawkins

evaluate everything

Everything ?Well I didn't know that. So dawgins has evaluated evrything?
Ok I guess I'm an atheist now. One word
Pathetic. This is your hero Who evaluates all

You people are a total crack up keep it coming

I have a slightly weird feeling you did not understand my posts ...

It's "Dawkins" not dawgins.

If you did not notice, I REFUTE Mr. Dawkins' claims in his book, I do not support them.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   

No misunderstanding here on this end. I was joining with you partner. For me It's dawgins

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Good thread Randy!
Apparently many do!

Figures, we won't take responsibilty for anything,
including our spiritual growth! This is no different.

Here's why they do, IMO:
They blame him for everything under the sun.
They blame him for not making them perfect!
They blame him for all the suffering in the world.
Yet they freely admit they don't even believe in him!

Really? Talk about some lost sheep!

Oh, if they only knew him and his overall plan for us!
I am sure they would blame him anyway for not telling them sooner!

I am sure they think he is a hatefull God full of spite.
Ya, he hates them alright.
Right.
The devil is king of deception.
It is no different in this case either....

You have to come to God, it's not the other way around!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

Good thread Randy!

There isn't anything I can think of to add to that great post.
Did you see where Dawgins claims to have "evaluated everything"
These people must be desperate fpr anything to believe other than the Gospel. I laugh and vomit and in the end feel sorry for them. Crazy.

dodadoom
I just used the ignore button.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom
Oh, if they only knew him and his overall plan for us!
I am sure they would blame him anyway for not telling them sooner!

I am sure they think he is a hatefull God full of spite.
Ya, he hates them alright.
Right.
The devil is king of deception.
It is no different in this case either....

You have to come to God, it's not the other way around!

Erm.. exactly what are you trying to say? Have you anything to say regarding any actual conspiracy or are you just wanting to give us "non believers" a sermon on hellfire?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

Just dont understand the logic of no.
Sorry for the rant.

I guess if the shoe fits.....but
I sure don't know your size.

If its hot, dont touch it would be my advice!
I like your avatar btw.
Feel free to believe as you wish.
We can still all do that can't we?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

Imagination has nothing to do with reality. So imagine everything that can be imagined.
What ever you have to do to get over it.
Imagine a world without reality.

Thanks for the out dated post card.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom
reply to post by riley

Just dont understand the logic of no.
Sorry for the rant.

I guess if the shoe fits.....but
I sure don't know your size.

If its hot, dont touch it would be my advice!
I like your avatar btw.
Feel free to believe as you wish.
We can still all do that can't we?

You're really not helping the credibilty of this forum. It USED to be about conspiracies regarding evolution and creationism.. now it's just being abused as a platform to save atheists and "evilutionists" from Dawkins.

We can all believe as we wish.. but maybe you can try limit your judgmental preaching to BTS? Maybe they won't mind your postering over shoe size.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by riley]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifecitizen

Imagine all the people
Living for today

You may say that I'm a dreamer

Ah, yeah ... the hippies ...

Where is Lennon now? What is the logic of "living for today"? Doesn't exactly THAT, contrary to his song, fuel most of the crimes - since, heck, if I am only living THIS life here, ONE LIFE, then who cares, I might as well LIE, STEAL, abuse, use others, LIVE FOR TODAY ...

Do you see the contradiction in it? Or better formulate it as: The moment you stop believing there is actually a purpose in this life, that is when you are prone to become irresponsible - you don't actually care. About ANYTHING.

So what if those people are starving in Africa, I don't give a #. I am living FOR TODAY. I might as well enjoy MY life, make money, drive nice cars, pay for some hookers, get drunk, take all kinds of drugs (Lennon?), ruin not only my life, but that of my family and many other people as well ...

ANARCHY.

Is THAT what you are wishing for?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
sometimes i think people start these threads just for attention or points. seriously? arguing about something as intangible as god? yeah i can see that ending well......pointless. anyway ill just leave my 2c here on the floor and let myself out, you kids have fun.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

No misunderstanding here on this end. I was joining with you partner. For me It's dawgins

just out of interest have you ever read The God Delusion by Richard Dawkin's. It's a very interesting book and I would recommend it to all, both religious and non religious. I read it on holiday last week and found it to be very educational. i'm not the brightest button in the box, so it did take me some time to get through it and understand it, but I have to say it was enjoyable to learn some new things.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I have a beef with god because all his followers seem to be miserable, desperate people who's entire outlook on life hinges on the hope that things will get better after they die.

I suppose it's not really god's fault they choose to be utter pinheads, but couldn't he like, flex that omnipotence and give these people a little joy? Or at least kill 'em all so they can finally go to heaven? Something? I hate seeing so many people be so utterly miserable, and even morso 'cause they keep trying to bring me down.

What the heck, god?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Where is Lennon now? What is the logic of "living for today"? Doesn't exactly THAT, contrary to his song, fuel most of the crimes - since, heck, if I am only living THIS life here, ONE LIFE, then who cares, I might as well LIE, STEAL, abuse, use others, LIVE FOR TODAY ...

Crap spouting.

Do you see the contradiction in it? Or better formulate it as: The moment you stop believing there is actually a purpose in this life, that is when you are prone to become irresponsible - you don't actually care. About ANYTHING.

I disagree. As far as I am concerned, there is no purpose to life, we serve no higher purpose. Yet, somehow I have managed to care about people, family, pets. Your argument was nothing more than unsubstantiated pointless crap spouting.

So what if those people are starving in Africa, I don't give a #. I am living FOR TODAY. I might as well enjoy MY life, make money, drive nice cars, pay for some hookers, get drunk, take all kinds of drugs (Lennon?), ruin not only my life, but that of my family and many other people as well ...

More crap spouting. Why would the religious folks care about the Africans when they're the one's who used to bible to enslave them? Hypocrites.

ANARCHY.

You say anarchy as if your implying that it is inherently evil. I bet you think communism is inherently evil as well?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

When you post another persons work without credit and citing the source that is called plagiarism. Your three post's never mentioned it was the work of someone else nor had any of the posts cited a source. For all intents and purposes it appeared as if you were posting the work as your own. I appreciate you nutting up and citing the source. I am also a father of two with a third due this December, however our age or amount of kids is not a valid excuse for plagiarism, which is a form of intellectual theft. I understand the bible does this as well, but that is not a good reason for you to do the same. Again, thank you for nutting up and providing the source of the original article, in the future please don't plagiarize. If your unsure what plagiarism is, then look it up so you can avoid it in the future.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex

When you post another persons work without credit and citing the source that is called plagiarism. Your three post's never mentioned it was the work of someone else nor had any of the posts cited a source. For all intents and purposes it appeared as if you were posting the work as your own. I appreciate you nutting up and citing the source. I am also a father of two with a third due this December, however our age or amount of kids is not a valid excuse for plagiarism, which is a form of intellectual theft. I understand the bible does this as well, but that is not a good reason for you to do the same. Again, thank you for nutting up and providing the source of the original article, in the future please don't plagiarize. If your unsure what plagiarism is, then look it up so you can avoid it in the future.

Ah ... what?!

I AM the author o that article - that is my Website, and I am Skender Kajoshaj.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by skajkingdom
Ah, yeah ... the hippies ...

Kind of the poster children for "Wasted meat" aren't they?

I hear this argument pretty often from the religious.

Apparently they feel that they need the fear of divine punishment to keep them in line, or else they would from become ravening, brutal psychopaths who kill, rape, and cannibalize everything and everyone in their path.

I reiterate my claim regarding the religious being the most miserable bunch of damaged goods I've ever seen.

I know that when I die, the only think I'll be doing is contributing to the local ecosystem of whatever cemetery I end up getting chunked into. Somehow this doesn't stop me from being what I consider a rather decent, normal guy who helps out when he can. In fact I would argue that knowing I'm not going to go to HappyLand when I die gives me greater incentive to be a better person.

The Christian can act like a complete and total carbuncle upon the scrotum of society. He can kill and rape and hate and steal all he wants. But so long as he gives a heartfelt apology to god at the last minute, boom, he gets eternal joy and happiness in heaven, just like that.

Me, on the other hand... I only go around once, and once I kack, that's it. So I'd better do all the good I can, help out as many other people as I can, and make sure people remember me fondly, since the only sort of "immortality" waiting for me is the memory of those who still live.

Basically, I live life as if there is no possibilitie of a do-over. because there isn't.

Not at all. Life is absurdly pointless, but I'm still looking forward to having a nice dinner with my friends tomorrow evening. I hope I don't burn the roast, because it'd bother me if I served pork flambe to my friends.

What you're saying is that if YOU ever thought that YOUR life didn't have some grand, amazing meaning, that if it turned out that YOU were not a special, unique, fantastic creation personally handcrafted by your choice of deity to fulfill some grand cosmic destiny, then YOU would stop caring about everything, because YOU would regard YOUR life as worthless.

Basically you're simply too conceited to ever accept that maybe, just maybe, you are not God's special creature.

So what if those people are starving in Africa, I don't give a #.

Though it was unintentional on your part, I find myself believing you on this. I doubt you really care.

I am living FOR TODAY. I might as well enjoy MY life, make money, drive nice cars, pay for some hookers, get drunk, take all kinds of drugs (Lennon?), ruin not only my life, but that of my family and many other people as well ...

People who are living FOR GOD do this same crap, you realize. probably with greater frequency, because, well... You're a theist. Belief in a spiteful, jealous god who wants to snag you into a codependent, abusive relationship where you're Rihanna and he's Chris Brown is sort of the tip of the iceberg of self-destructive behavior.

(On edit, I almost made this part "softer"... but then I thought about it. The biblical story of Eden is basically God going "You know I love you, why'd you make me hit you so hard?!" - so the comparison stays)

ANARCHY.

DOGS AND CATS, LIVING TOGETHER... MASS HYSTERIA!

Anarchy could never work because people just aren't that smart. So no.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by TheWalkingFox]

[edit on 9-11-2009 by TheWalkingFox]

new topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join