It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You got a problem with God?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

That bull# itself. I saw that skit years before he died.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

I can't let you have the last word on that. It isn't B.S. check it yourself.
You will see, that was his last concert. It was a Saturday off the top
of me head. I don't have to B.S. anybody, and get an avatar will ya.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
Nope. Not a problem with God....just a problem with all the murdering, torturing, raping and pillaging done in his name.

In any given battle, each side claims to be doing the 'will of God.' Either one of them is wrong, or it's God's will for them both to be at war...too complicated for my little brain.

It doesn't seem to matter WHAT someone call their god...apparently everyone's god can be made out to condone atrocities...if you try hard enough.

So no....not a problem with God....a problem with man.

I agree. Real people dying in the name of the fictional is not alright by me.

These are some more problems I have:

www.daltonator.net...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Constantly here on ATS,running into folk, who seem to have a big beef w/ the creator.

Try creator, his henchmen and his followers.. Watch this for starters:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

In the Bull# Department, a businessman can't hold a candle to a clergyman. 'Cause I gotta tell you the truth, folks. When it comes to bull#, big-time, major league bull#, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims: religion. No contest. No contest. Religion. Religion easily has the greatest bull# story ever told.
reply to post by midnightbrigade

i would say the Great George Carlin.
this was his last concert. fyi he was dead w/ in 24 hrs.

rip George

[edit on 20-8-2009 by randyvs]

This wasn't the first and only time he used this bit. And there were other bits in the concert too. So it is just a coincidence. Everybody dies sometime, its life.

(You are missed George)

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I believe the same as some of the early heretics did. The god of the old testament, the god of Abraham, the god of Israel, or how ever else you want to describe him, is the king of the world, or if you prefer, Satan himself.

There are more than one reason why I believe this. The best reason is to look up the definition of Satan and ask yourself who that best describes?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I have no problem with someone that isn't real.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Aren't we past the point as a society where we can define morality on its own merits, rather than rely on an outdated vengeful space ghost?

Why do we need God? Trick question...we do not.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Welfhard
reply to post by randyvs
I also have a beef with the idea of prayer. The people who believe there is a divine plan and the god knows everything are the same people who pray to god as if that'll change anything. Sending in requests and conveniently forgetting about the divine plan or telling god you love him as if he doesn't already know, or telling him he's good as if he doesn't already know. If god exists and is the caring and knowledgeable god you say it is prayer becomes a pointless exercise. Get off your knees and actually do something.

That's because, secetly, all people know that they are Discordians.
Something doesn't have to make sense in a chaotic world.
All Hail Eris!

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

The Dawkins Delusion - Part 1

Quite a huge goal, the one Mr. Dawkins has put on himself with his book "The God Delusion". By the end of reading it, according to him, the reader would become atheist. Hm. Didn't quite work on me.

But then again, people like me might be "biased", or not enough "open minded", as Mr. Richard Dawkins alludes in his book. The truth is: I am very open minded. I wasn't just "raised to be a Muslim". I used my own mind to question, research, compare, ask and evaluate everything I was raised to believe. The fact that I am now even more Muslim than I was, tells something.

Anyway, back to Dawkins: Mr. Richard "the proud Atheist" Dawkins, in his 2006 book "The God Delusion" calls all believers to abandon religion and God and embrace atheism, as a "splendid" way of life [1]. To succeed in this, he applies methods of pretty much "picking and choosing" of quotes from famous scientists and theologians, always suitable to his cause. It is obvious that Mr. Dawkins was raised in a predominantly Christian culture and this is the one big flaw in his reasoning - one, by the way, which almost all the modern "atheists" have in common - his adversity towards religion is affected directly by Christianity. Many people who became atheists, did so, as a response to several "flaws" in the Bible and Christianity as a religion. Some could just not accept the classical idea that God is an old man with a beard sitting somewhere in Heavens (this is of course not the reason for Dawkins' atheism, as he points out), or that God is actually one of three persons, each of them divine, yet there are not three Gods, but one God [The Doctrine of Trinity, 2], others abandoned faith because of convenience (it is much easier to not believe than believe) and then there are those, like Mr. Dawkins, who, being scientists, reach a level where they think they have grasped it all: there simply is no need for God, because everything can be explained in the light of science.

source
Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Mod Edit: removed plagiarized material.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Mod Edit: Removed plagiarized material

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Actually I don't have a problem with God, but it seems that God had a problem with me, or so that is what religions tells me all the time

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Okay, HOW is the topic of this thread a conspiracy?

This is the Origins and Creationism Conspiracy Forum.

Tossing out the glove and challenging people because you're sick of people dissing God isn't even remotely on topic here.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by skajkingdom

Skajkingdom is that your own work or did you just copy and paste it?

fyi. I'm an atheist and have never seen Dawkins' movie.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by riley]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by skajkingdom

Can you post the website you stole this from as I would like to read the article from there so I can check the numbered source things. It's not polite or very religious like to blatantly plagiarize. Oh wait, yes it is! The bible is full of it.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jadette
Okay, HOW is the topic of this thread a conspiracy?

This is the Origins and Creationism Conspiracy Forum.

Tossing out the glove and challenging people because you're sick of people dissing God isn't even remotely on topic here.

Thankyou.

This thread belongs in bts.. it's basically just baiting non christians. Yes there are alot of pages but that just shows the baiting worked.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Thank you mod ... for deleting my "plagiarized" material.

I am Skender Kajoshaj, and that was MY article.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by skajkingdom
Thank you mod ... for deleting my "plagiarized" material.

I am Skender Kajoshaj, and that was MY article.

Regardless you did not say that- it is not your username and ATS can't just take your word for it that it's you (hence ex tags- mods aren't psychic). You also didn't bother explaining how your "article" was even relevent to the topic. It just looked like randomly tacked on anti-dawkins propoganda and last I checked this thread is NOT about Richard Dawkins.

(edited for tact. nope it's not my strength.)

[edit on 9-11-2009 by riley]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

Is this your forum? I don't really see it getting removed, must be ok.
Sorry if you had a bad experience and God was on my side.

Try creator, his henchmen and his followers.. Watch this for starters:

Pathetic.
what else do you expect from people who know nothing unless they are
absolutely over baring and arogent.
Their boastful attitudes screaming (over the top of what ever they said)
I know everthing so loud that it turns my stomach.
These are your example. Not worth vomit.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by randyvs]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join