It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealthing UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I wanted to post about my first UFO experience to get other peoples opinions about it. I am posting this in skunk works because I don't have a video or a picture or any other witnesses, so I cannot prove what I saw. That being said I was wondering based on what I saw what people thought it might be or what I should think about it.

The sighting took place in Palm Springs, California at about 1:30 AM in the month of June in 2008. I forgot the exact date.

I couldn't get to sleep so I decided to lay outside on a hammock. The sky was clear and there isn't much smog like there is at my home in Orange County. So I was able to see clearly. I was watching the stars when suddenly I saw a UFO.

The sighting didn't last long not more than 10 seconds. I saw an object that was orb shaped with a yellowish-orange color (Similar to the color of the Sun around sunset). The object also seemed to be illuminated rather than being a light on a vehicle the whole body of this craft was this color/light (If that makes sense).

The object was moving at a fast pace; faster than any plane I had seen flying over the area and it seemed about the same distance in the sky that a plane would fly. It just flew in a straight direction in the sky.

However the most interesting part about the sighting was the fact that I saw the UFO fade into visibility. I would describe it like an object fading in photo shop etc. basically it wasn't instantly visible but faded in over a seconds time. Basically it wen't from 0% invisibility, to 10% visibility, to 20% visibility all the way to 100% visible in about a second or two.

The object continued in the same direction and a few seconds later stealthed again. Once again, not instantly, but fading out of visibility.

There was absolutely no sound at all coming from the object. And I didn't see it again, or any other UFO in the area.

I wanted to get the opinion of other ATS'rs as to whether this UFO was likely an alien craft or possibly a military vehicle. It is in the area of a military base, not extremely close, but close enough that it could have been from there. Regardless stealthing is not an ability of any known vehicle so it is definately unidentified. But it could possibly be some new technology. Another possibility could be that it was some sort of natural phenomenon but that doesn't seem likely to me as it was a perfect disk/orb shape.

Here is a photo of some orange orbs that look like a blurrier version of what I saw. This is just something from a quick google search for orange orb UFOs so I do not know the validity of this picture but it looks basically like what I saw.

img.metro.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Canis Lupus

Thanks for sharing and thank you for taking the UFO forum into consideration when posting your story in Skunk Works, although it would have been just fine to post it in the UFO forum.

Depending on the altitude(was it like in the image or much higher like a jet airliner or satelitte appears?) would make a difference. For instance, if this was obbserved much higher in the sky than what is illistrated in the picture than I would have to say a meteor, if much lower than it could be something very different.

If it was high in the sky........
Honestly what it sounds like you saw was a meteor entering the atmosphere, or some other space debris entering. It sounds classic, with the illumination coming from the friction of re-entry, and yes depending on the trajectory of re-entry some objects can appear to "go straight" across the sky. I would have to say a meteor/debris is a strong possibility for your sighting. Thanks for sharing.

[edit on 8/20/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I don't know much about how to tell altitude but it was about the same height as the picture. And the few reasons why I thought it couldn't be a meteor were the perfect orb/round shape of it and also how it stealthed and unstealthed. It wasn't instantly but rather more like a fade in and out. It also wasn't as fast as meteors I have seen. But maybe its just a type of meteor, I'm not an astronomy expert. Thanks for the input.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I mean judging by the apparent altitude of the orbs in the picture your object would seem to be lower than 5,000 feet? That likely would not be a meteor, but if what you saw appeared higher in the sky to you, like how a jet airliner or satellite would appear than I would think a meteor would seem more likely. Of course you might have seen something truly unknown, it is just hard to be able to tell with the available information. There have been many orb-like UFO sightings as of late, but yours seems very similar to a meteor, that is why I am so interested in the apparent altitude of your UFO.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I should have mentioned that the location is near an airport so the planes are always within 15 miles of an airport when I see them. So they are low enough were you can often see some of the detail on the plane. So I am positive that is lower than 5000 feet. I am not good with altitude but it was about the same height as the planes I always see landing in the area. All in all it wasn't really high in the sky but also not right above me either. I guess that might have been helpful to include in the original post. It was a good size bigger than any plane flying above 5000 feet. And way bigger than a satellite. In fact it seemed larger than most planes I see flying at the height it was at. So it may have even been closer than I thought it was.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Canis Lupus]

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Canis Lupus]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Well in that case it is obviously not a meteor from what you described. So I would classify it as a true UFO, as I personally have no idea what it could be at that low altitude, especially at the size you say it appeared to be. Very interesting........

So you have never seen this before or know no one who has seen anything similar in your area?

Also, about how fast would you say (in seconds) did it move across the horizon?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
No one that I know of as I am kind of a recluse and don't have many friends.

As far as the speed goes. From when it appeared to when it disappeared was probably a span of about 7 or 8 seconds. The distance is a little harder for me to describe as I am no expert with planes etc. If I were to go with angles with straight above me being 0 degrees. I would say it appeared at about 315 degrees and disappeared at about 45 degrees. I hope that makes sense. If I had to guess how many miles that was I would say 15-20.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Sounds like a true unknown, well at least based on any available evidence.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Thanks for the input. I don't know much about astronomy etc. so that is why I asked so it is good that you seem knowledgeable about it.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Not a problem, this is what ATS is all about. It is because people like yourself report these things that we can maybe find the truth in ufology. Thanks again for sharing with everyone.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The first thing I think of reading your post, is when I saw the shuttle for the first time.I'm not saying this is what you saw,but the description is uncanny.
I saw the shuttle on Q about 12:30 am it seemed to come from know where then got very bright traveling at high speeds and faded as it moved over head to the east.
It did not look like the shuttle just a glowing object.Also it seemed to be closer than I expected,almost if I could touch it.
Like I said I don't know if it was the shuttle you saw,or even if it was flying at the time,but you could have seen some other satellite or something in high orbit coming and going through orbital sunlight.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
flyingfish: I would consider that if the UFO wasn't a perfect orb/circle shape. I don't know much about shuttles or satellites but I would imagine if they were as close as this object that they would appear to have more of a shuttle/satellite shape.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Sounds like a Foo with a shield of light surrounding the craft.

The high voltage craft just lights up the surrounding air at times.

top topics

join