It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OS or GS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Its time to quit citing the "OS" and start citing the "GS". The information released by the various government agencies pertaining to 911 is the information we need to be concerned with. The government story is what was used as a leverage tool to invade 2 countries and pass many laws subsequently. It is the only account that matters. It should be questioned, reviewed, and re-investigated IMHO.

If you support the government account of 911 you support the "official story", if you oppose the government account of 911 you oppose the "official story". Stop putting weight in the semantics and take a stand, even if your stand is undecided. Referring to the story spun (true or not I am not addressing here) by the government would be better suited as the GS for anyone who is serious about debating it as it cuts to the chase and alleviates much garbage.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I wonder what you mean when you suggest we stop worrying about the "semantics". Do you even know the definition of that word?

I'll quote from wordnetweb.princeton.edu:

# the study of language meaning
# the meaning of a word, phrase, sentence, or text

So, by dismissing "semantics", you are suggesting that we stop concerning ourselves with the meanings of the language used. In my opinion, we need to work harder to understand the meaning, not dismiss it as unimportant.

I agree that many times a discussion gets bogged down in trivial quarrels over unimportant issues. Often people call that "semantics", but it's not. It's trivia, minor details that don't materially affect the argument.

Personally, I think 9/11 is over. Nothing will ever come of any of the thousands of conspiracy theories, simply because there are thousands of them. Whichever one of them is correct (if any), it no longer matters. The deed is done, the evildoers have escaped (or died), and we've made our horrendous decisions to engage in wars and ill-considered laws. No matter what happens, if the truth ever comes to light, the vast majority of peoplw will claim it is false. The truth will not be recognized among all the crap. The guilty parties, if any are still alive, will never be brought to justice. The dead will remain dead.

It is time to let this go and to move on. There are things happening right now that we can do something about. 9/11 is over, and we can't do a thing about it any more.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
If you support the government account of 911 you support the "official story", if you oppose the government account of 911 you oppose the "official story".

You can probably expect some members to enter this thread, trying to insult you by daring to mention the 'canard' of the official government story.

Be aware that some members who claim to support the official government story will also shy away from parts of it, as they don't know how to deal with the contradictory evidence.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by tezzajw]

join