It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message To Christians... A Message of Peace...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
1.Christianity: 2.1 billion

2.Islam: 1.5 billion

3.Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: 1.1 billion

4.Hinduism: 900 million

5.Chinese traditional religion: 394 million

6.Buddhism: 376 million

7.primal-indigenous: 300 million

8.African Traditional & Diasporic: 100 million

9.Sikhism: 23 million

10.Juche: 19 million

11.Spiritism: 15 million

12.Judaism: 14 million

13.Baha'i: 7 million

14.Jainism: 4.2 million

15.Shinto: 4 million

16.Cao Dai: 4 million

17.Zoroastrianism: 2.6 million

18.Tenrikyo: 2 million

19.Neo-Paganism: 1 million

20.Unitarian-Universalism: 800 thousand

21.Rastafarianism: 600 thousand

22.Scientology: 500 thousand

www.adherents.com...

It doesn't look to me like Christians make up the majority of people on the Earth. Various Christian sects combined have the largest number of followers compared to other religions, but it surely isn't the majority of all peoples.

Just my .02 New World Units

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilman

sigh.

you have it so wrong man, I don't even know where to begin.

I don't know why you jump to such conclusions, and I won't tell you exactly what I do, but I can tell you I've been long gone from my parents house for a number of years, have since moved to the far side of the country, and am living quite quaint.

You asked me about our other wars, and I told you, I think the war we are in today is worse than all the other wars because we caused it. We were the invaders. In those other wars we joined in half way through to "help" our allies... with the exception of vietnam.

I think life is beautiful.
I think we should all get in touch with our consciousness.
I think religion today has blocked that.
While I think life is beautiful, and that people are capable of incredible things, many today are blinded by a corrupt govt. and our world is in a state of disarray, worse than it has been... people have simply lost their way and are caught up in material things that will never make them happy.

I can categorize today as in the past 100 years, as in, 'this day and age.'
I'm looking at the world from a timeline, and the past 100 years make such a small fraction of that that it can be categorized as a day.

please, stop getting so caught up in what I can and can't do.
You are eager to fight online, but I'm not going to fight back with you.
Everything I listed as to why the world is heading down the drain are facts, it has nothing to do with whether I am spoiled or not (and trust me, the amount of debt I'm in from school will probably never allow me to be spoiled).

Jump to your conclusions, but its really upsetting that you would say that to anyone.
You have no idea of what i do, just as i have no idea what you do, so I haven't made any reservations about you, yet here you are trying to pick me apart.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Odessy]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

fair enough, so lets focus on the US.
Christians have been the majority in the US since its conception.
today the US consists of a little more than 4% of the world population, yet uses 25% of its recourses.
I believe we have an astronomically huge impact on the world, more than any other nation, and are to blame for a lot of the economic conditions we and the world are in.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Matthew 7:21-23
Not everyone who says to Me, "Lord, Lord," shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?"And then I will declare to them, "I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness."

Matthew 25: 31-46
When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

The point is that not everyone who calls themselves Christian truly is. They might even go so far as to truly believe they are Christian, but they may not be on in their hearts. This will increase as we continue toward the return of Christ:

2 Timothy 4: 3-4

For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.

2 Timothy 3: 1-7
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

There are many people today who are vastly more concerned with worshiping themselves and their families then they are with God, that is a form of Idolatry. The big sin in the End Times is exactly that, self worshiping Idolatry. As a matter of fact, that is the the whole point of the Mark of the Beast, as it is a test to see if a person will deny themselves and follow the Will of God, or if they put themselves first for worldly comfort and survival.

Additionally, I want to reiterate what some others have touched on, to state that most of what you accuse Christianity of as a whole really is stuff that was solely from Roman Catholicism. The Inquisition, the Crusades, control through "salvation via works", etc. This is a part of the reason why many protestants will argue that the RCC is not really a Christian religion, but rather an extension of the old Pagan Roman Empire. If you study Revelations, it is not difficult to see that much of the End Times Events are about the RCC, and that they are not presented in the Bible in a nice light. Simply look for anything having to do with the "Seven Hills of Rome", and you will spot that organization quite easily.

Just think about it it for a second, if you were the Devil where would you be infiltrating? Would you be hanging out with the people you have already won over, or working on the ones who are your sworn enemy?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Well you sound like a very negative person. You can't seem to find one good thing about the world we live in and that's so sad.

It's a beautiful world out there with beautiful people and we're out there and enjoying it and you should too while you can instead of being emo on the net. You say religion has blocked us, but I'm out here enjoying it along with my sandwich while you complain. My other sandwich I just made. My second one. That would be second one today. You probably wouldn't get two sandwiches in the depression. I ate an ice cream bar too and I wasn't even hungry. Try that during the depression? Now, I'm going to have dinner. Still not hungry. So, no I'll take today over the depression any day and the chicken I'm about to eat will confirm this theory.

Sounds more like religion has blocked you. Maybe you belong to the wrong one? Have you heard about Jesus?

Anyway, what I'm saying is that once something is over with like WWII or the depression you shouldn't use it to say that makes the world a horrible place because then you'll never be happy. WWII will always be "over". It will never be not "over".

Therefore 900 years from now you could say, well America is the worst it's ever been because you include the last 1000 years in that and 1000 years ago something bad happened, so America is the worst it has ever been? According to that logic you will always be unhappy because WWII will always be over. Same goes for the depression, 9/11, and so on. What's done is done. That's how the saying goes.

Now the current war we have? Wasn't my idea. I voted for the other guy. I wish we weren't at war, but in the end, I still think we're a lot better off then we were in the depression and at other times. Iraq? It's probably totally screwed. But they seem to still want us there. If not, we should come back. I really don't know why the stupid world leaders make it so complicated. But one thing is for sure, if they still want us there to help we shouldn't leave because after all, we did blow up all their stuff. So, I don't think it would be right to just walk out on them if they still want us there.

As for the money and the collapse and the debt? Well it's all just paper money. Wasn't worth anything to begin with. Isn't worth anything today. Won't be worth anything tomorrow. No reason to get worked up about that. So, we owe a bunch of people worthless paper? Big deal, print some and give it to them. That's what the government is going to do in the end. They'll just print their debts off. No big deal.

But, like I've been told. A person can always find something to complain about though. Like I said, my religion is based on how nothing in this world will ever be "perfect". So, you can sit around and complain about every little thing or you can go out and enjoy what you can and try to help who you can instead of being all negative. Trying to get rid of religion is just going to tick people off. You're just going to make it worse. Try to help some other way.

Look, some of us religious people are out here having fun. Do you want to come join me, us, and my chicken, or do you just want to complain?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I dont know how many times I have to say I love life and think life is beautiful...

I think the only way we can get out of the mess we are in is by loving eachtoher... I dont know how many times I have to say as well.

pointing out whats wrong with world isnt complaining.
You asked for examples, so I gave them.
Read my other thread, I talk about how the govt can take away all the rights we have and we can still be happy by simply being alive, being in nature.

as an avid hiker, I don't think I'm ever as happy as I am when I'm alone in nature with no technology or mundane distractions.

please, don't feel sad for me, I do see the beauty in everything, and I mean everything.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Odessy]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Life is beautiful? Get out of the mess? Well which is it? Is it beautiful or is it a mess? Are you saying it's both at the same time?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Yes...
I think life is beautiful, but our life situation is a mess...
We're hurting our planet, hurting our people.
If everyone thought life was beautiful we wouldn't have killed more than 120 million people in the 20th century alone.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Well what do you think is beautiful about life? Me, I already told you about my chicken and sandwich, but I want to know what you like about life?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

You've completely derailed the topic by attacking the person and calling them a negative person. And yet, you are being negative towards that person yourself and are ignoring the topic.

You are having fun? Great, but that has nothing to do with the topic. Do you think the people who were being killed in the name of god were having fun? What about the fact that Jesus says those who truly believe will be persecuted, and yet it is your religion that is the one who does the persecuting, while you are having "fun" with your chicken.

Is there a way of pointing out the evils of the world without someone being able to call you negative? Are you suggesting we sit by and watch as these things happen and say "who cares, I'm having fun and that's all that matters".

Nature is beautiful, the way this world works and runs is NOT. You can sit around and not worry about that as long as you are having "fun" all you want, but I'm pretty sure Jesus didn't sit around talking about how much fun he was having and how great his chicken was.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

more of a U2U question, but to sum it up, the human condition...

I dont think its an accident that we are here. I think we have souls. I think humans generate such beautiful emotions within themselves, each other, their surroundings, unlike any other creature on earth.
I think the earth is alive, we should spend more time with her and treat her a little better, shes beautiful.
Our dreams are beautiful, our minds are beautiful, our love is beautiful.
I think Love is the ultimate answer and if we were to do everything with love we wouldn't be in half the mess we are in, regarding war, global warming, crime.

dude, I think everything is beautiful. I walk down the street with a smile, others smile back. Thats beautiful.

I don't blame the leaders that take away our freedoms or operate false flag operations, I think they have deluded themselves into thinking things that arent true... they feel that doing these things will give them more power, making them happy, but once they get it, they will want more and become unhappy again. Like material things that only satisfy for a short time frame. I feel sorry for them.
I think true happiness lies in not wanting of the future, or definitions of the past, but in the here and now. Nothing exists in the future or the past to make us happy that we dont already have now. Just being alive and getting in touch with our inner selves once and awhile, seeing that we are connected with everything, that makes us happy, and that we have all the time.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I don't exactly disagree with you, and I thought about quoting those Matthew 7 verses myself. But I think you should also include the rest of Matthew 7 along with it, as that is the part that says who he is talking about.

Matthew 7

24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

28And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:

29For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

In John 14, he also defines what it means to "believe" in him, and that is nothing at all what Christians teach. Christianity as a whole teaches that all you need to do is believe he is god in the flesh and that he died for your sins and you are saved.

Yet, that is quite the opposite of what Jesus actually taught. He said it is those who do as he says and follows him that are the true believers. He also plays down the believing he is god in the flesh, and says if nothing else you can believe just for the works sake. Meaning, you can follow his example and keep the way even if you do not believe the rest - which means it should be a minimum.

Do we see 2.1 billion people acting like Jesus? No. I image if 2.1 billion people were acting like Jesus, that number would grow to a much bigger number, and only the truly wicked would not follow.

Which brings us to Paul. Is Paul not the one who does appeals to the Romans and with political appeal to authority and starts the RCC? And do not the branches carry those books of the bible and general sacrifice = life teachings, that says war is ok and so forth?

If the RCC is the 1st beast as you say, then no doubt the protestants and the US is the 2nd, which comes from the sea(people).

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

I'm probably a cynic, but nope, I can't say life is a good thing. I view life as a sandbox in hell. You have to build a way out of hell. If you fail, you start over again.

I can't believe a loving God punishes you in some hell for eternity for 100 years of being an evil SOB. HE would punish you some finite time for your crimes. And to stay on Earth is punishment enough. Let's see, what's a worse punishment: non stop pain, where you learn nothing and just feel alone, or constant repetition where you learn what you're doing wrong over time, feel the guilt and pain for not doing better, then fix it and go up a step.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

fair enough, your welcome to those thoughts, but I definitely don't believe in hell, so I may not be good in a debate.
I think there are lots of things to be happy and thankful about here on earth.
Do you love anyone?
even thats enough to see that there is some good here.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Well all I'm saying is that, you know I just finished my dinner and now I'm nawing on some potato chips so hold on a sec.

Alright, anyway, all I'm saying is that we're in no way as bad off now as were in the great depression or WWII and anyone that thinks so is being negative because they're just trying to stretch it out like things are worse off than they are.

I never said the world was perfect, but to blame all the ills of the world on Christians? Really? Sorry, that doesn't work. If you do that then you have to blame everything that's good in the world on Christianity too, but let me guess, we don't get no credit for that? Look, we either control the world or we don't? Which is it?

The only way the OP could prove his point was to include the great depression and WWII into today and claim that they're still problems and that's why the world is so horrible?

Sorry, that's a pretty negative attitude. The great depression and WWII are over, and in my opinion the world is a much better place today because of it.

Also, you say no other religion ever caused problems? Only Christianity has caused problems? Yeah right, straw man. That's just a negative attack.

Look, it's not my fault you can't find anything good about the world. Your negative attitude is not my fault and you won't be blaming me for it.

Alright, I think I'll have some cake now. Or will I?

EDIT: And Jesus didn't have time to enjoy his chicken because he was too busy saving my butt so I could enjoy my own chicken. And that is why Jesus is the man.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by tinfoilman]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Well when you put it that way, it doesn't sound to bad at all. Far from "the worst it has ever been". Well, that's my opinion anyway.

Hmm, I just wonder, since Christians get all the blame, do they get any credit for what's not wrong with the world? Oh let me guess, they only get the blame, but none of the credit right??

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Well, the world is called Satans kingdom. The way of evil certainly rules the world. Long history of people being killed for standing up for good things, or pointing out the evils in things. And you do pay for your sins if you refuse to learn from them, so you are punished for sins here etc.

Bout as close to hell as I ever hope to get. I don't believe in that eternity of fire stuff, but I can certainly see how hell can be on earth.

Reminds of that movie with Billy Bob Thornton where he is like some farmer who goes into space. Some kind of banker appraiser guy comes on his land, and the guy says "Hey, I'm not the bad guy here", and Billy Bob looks over and says - "Well, you certainly aren't the good guy".

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

That's true I guess.

I don't exactly believe in hell either.... I view hell as Earth itself. So life itself is punishment, while at the same time, an education. You are to learn how to be good, and if you don't, you have to stay here.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I don't really see the need to paint the world 1 direction or the other. If you look in genesis, this is the lesson to learn good and evil. As such, I would expect to see both, and if I have learned the lesson I should be able to tell the difference in them.

I am told to look at the fruits, and so I do. But yet I have the negative attitude and am blaming others because I point out the corruption in the fruit? I should instead be happy and joyous and let people keep eating from the corrupted fruit, or eat it myself?

I don't think so. I think by pointing out the truth instead of sugar coating it and hoping nobody notices the corruption is 1000 times more positive than avoiding the topic by responding with how great your dinner was.

IMO, there is a reason why these things happen, and I'm not just going to ignore them.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Like I said, my point isn't that the world is perfect. I never said that. That's what the OP said in the original post. That if everyone was Christian the world would be perfect.

My point was that's just absurd. Nowhere in Christianity does it teach that if everyone believed in Jesus the world would be perfect.

My point was it's just not THAT horrible. It's been much much worse in the past. I don't know how anyone could argue against that without either just plain being negative or just falling off into absurd rationale.

I mean, come on, just think about life before antibiotics? We probably wouldn't even be here. We'd most likely have all died off by now. We wouldn't even have the chance to argue about it.

There is no way the OP's absurd claim that this is the WORST it's ever been holds any water. But without that claim the OP falls apart because the whole topic is based on how this is WORST it ever has been and it's all Christians faults because we're the BIGGEST religion and the whole topic is just a bunch of bunk.

To talk about the problems of the world is one thing. To work together to solve our problems is another thing. To divide us by saying THIS IS THE WORST it has ever been and it's ALL Christians fault is just a tactic to divide us. Not bring us together and it's an absurd argument.

And the cake was a lie.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join