It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Little Help For Men Trying To Understand Women!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
allright u seem like a nice woman,happy to see that are still alot of nice woman,the thread is nice and a flag from me

i love cuddling too,i usualy tie me self around the body like a snake and drink her energy until she depletes..then i find a new fresh victim xD

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Stillalive]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Good post, you could have elaborated to include 'advice', I think.

Plus I like the fact your post is on here, as if women are a complete mystery to everyone (including other women) - quite funny!

I was brought up by a single mother who did everything for two boys and one boy of thirty something(!!!) and I learned first-hand her rationale for being anything like these typical traits you describe. I do wonder how women put up with men sometimes (noisy, smelly, obnoxious arrogant, ignorant and don't look after themselves), in fact sometimes I wonder how guys put up with women, too (nagging, dramatic, emotional blackmail, never apparently happy, too critical if we're not well groomed, over critical if we're care "too much" - can't win!!).

Us guys need to be (a lot, in many cases) more considerate and don't wait until we're told to do something (trash, compliments, just making decisions and realising the decision doesn't matter - just as long as its made!!).

Women, on the other hand need to be a bit less picky and introduce more logic into the everyday stuff they give guys crap about.

Women are very good in pretending like they aren't insecure too (to men at least! A BIG difference with women. I know so many women who will say "of COURSE we're insecure!") - the simple truth is something many women don't (seem to) realise that they hold the sexual trump card in 95%+ instances. Guys are all too aware of this, even if some are deluded.

A guy can go out and think we can get lucky, a woman can go out knowing she WILL.

There are exceptions of course(!) but these are just my tried and tested theories!

Excellent post!
S&F

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I would like to point out a video done by djhives.
Its nothing new really, but a great help when it comes to the understanding of women!

The NEW thing:
Youtube Link

It explains why women are going for the "safe guy" but really want something else.

P.S: Embedded not working. It always put's a "\" at the end of the Video-ID?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redge
Good post Greenize!

It reminds me of the book Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus by John Gray. It's a really good book that I highly recommend!

That is one of my favorite books! My aunt got it for me after a bad break up and boy did it help! I see men in a different way now..lol I laugh and tell my BF he is in hibernation and he just looks at me. It is a good book and for me at least it helped understand men and their complete opposite behaviors!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
reply to post by Whine Flu

No I am not. As a matter of fact, I do not like strife and discord. My children are 20 and 23 and have never seen me very angry. I don't yell, I don't scream. There are other ways to deal with things aside from those. Set down and try and talk it out, if that fails....cry!

I am the same way. I dont have kids but my bf is completely puzzled at times on how I dont argue with him, like his ex-wife would. I dont see the point! It takes A LOT to get me mad and even then I never take it out on him. If we have a disagreement I talk to him and I dont raise my voice. He has told me many times he is not use to someone like me.....I have used the crying card and well it works!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
You forgot to say that women will try and control the expenses, will suggest you go shopping together, will talk to you about all her problems, AND THEN when you let her have all these things from you, she dumps you for being boring and submissive.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

Well that isnt true for all women though. I personally prefer to shop alone and my bf wants me to handle the bills. Sorry you had bad luck it seems.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Let me add this too....laughter is a beautiful thing. I know that for me, stuffiness and grouchy are a no-no. I love to laugh! And it helps if you can voice an opinion without the cannons coming out!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Destroyed

I can assure you as a tomboy that she will like to cuddle! I grew up with 3 brothers, if they were jumping ramps on their bikes or climbing trees you can bet I was too. I would still rather be in the woods or fishing rather than shopping or what not...but I am all woman.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by theversifier
This is real Above Top SEcret stuff eh?
DEfo a good post for a conspiracy forum, dont ya think....
whats happened to this site?

This just in, fluffy rabbit seen in park......

Reeeeelaaaax......

First look up the forum your in, it's called Psychology, philosophy and metaphysics... seems like the right forum to me.

I'm not sure what has happened to ATS really, I don't know where all these complainers are coming from!? haha

So back to my point, reeelaaax, enjoy life, enjoy the topics you desire, and try not complaining about such threads like this, instead try to ignore them if you do not desire such a thread....

[edit on 21-8-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
If EVER there was a Topic that was destined, from the outset, to become a joke (however genuine and heartfelt the original idea was) then it's this one!!

Come on - PLEASE!!

Men arn't SUPPOSED to understand Women!

I remember the film "Naked Lunch" based on a W Burroughs Book and in the Film one of the Characters states that Women are a different species from men (or vice versa - no particular reason why we're a diferent species from Women!) and I remember thinking that for ALONG time!!

Not gonna give up my sad personal experiences with Women but suffice to say that 6 years ago, after another failed longterm relationship that caused me to start on anti-depressants, I decided enough was enough.

So, now, I stay clear of women (and No, I'm not Gay) just had enough of the mood swings; The MASSIVE mood swings for 10 days per month; the sarcasm; the bitchiness for seemingly no reason; the being taken for granted etc. etc. etc.

I really do wish ALL couples who can make it work togethor - I really wish I was one of them but it seems I simply do not have 'it' (or patience...) to make 'it' work...

I reas Men are from Mars etc. interesting but written by Yanks - in their usual condescending, talking to 5 year olds manner of speech - read it all - had a good laugh - especially at the bits where the Man is supposed to try to REASON with a Women who is midway thru her period and is trying to open a jar of somthing and has a hissy-fit - that REALLY made me laugh!!

Anyway, final point - why the BH is this topic even on ATS for heavens sake??!!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Oh no i havent had bad luck. Im just saying in general. Thats what most women do. I wear the trousers, but i tell you what, women are very good at trying to get them!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
"Topic Review
This is a long topic, click here to review it"

I noticed this when I clicked to reply somewhere in the middle....I found it ironic ^^

And Greenize...you sound just like a human being really, thats lovely

Personally, im sick and tired of the whole sex-binary and the drama and whining everyone comes with everyday

"My husband...yeah, he really is a MAN afterall, haha!"

"Women...know your place"

Its almost as if I hear this everyday

God isnt perfect, afterall he created a man and a woman as seperate beings while a more ambigious androgynous person would be much better

But , yeah, you cant blame him, he is a guy afte...

Wait..

Darn

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Wait, they're allowing women on ATS now?? That's absurd. Black is white, up is down. Next thing you know, they're going to be talking about alien-probings and NWOs on Oprah, and horses are going to be walking on two legs and cheeseburgers are going to be having self-esteem issues. If that made no sense, it's because all this talk about feelings and crying has made me irrational.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wintermute
Wait, they're allowing women on ATS now?? That's absurd. Black is white, up is down. Next thing you know, they're going to be talking about alien-probings and NWOs on Oprah, and horses are going to be walking on two legs and cheeseburgers are going to be having self-esteem issues. If that made no sense, it's because all this talk about feelings and crying has made me irrational.

Maybe in an alternate universe things are truly upside down

Facinating, you got me thinkingm, and since I havent done anything creative lately I might use this as an inspiration for some paitings

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
no no...why did this turn sexist all of a sudden.

While women are inferior to men, we shouldnt boast, brag or what not. You want babies? You want interesting-free-time *cough*, then i suggest you become a little more tactful.

For example, men are on average stronger than women. We are hunters after all. Our strength is supposed to be used to protect women, not hit them.

Apply that last ideology to all our "better" traits: intelligence, cooking, driving, money earning, strength, age and so on.

And for the ladies reading this post, i was being playful

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I have come across every thing you have said and agree with it EXCEPT...

The bitchiness part.

I think that the bitchiness is a lack of training. I and many other men like me we're brought up being told to "control your emotions," and expressing them through other means, or only letting them out in private moments. I think that being under control keeps you rational in tough situations. If something bad happens and you don't act bitchy, people will think that you are a strong person...especially in a situation where someone is being a bitch/dick to you, and instead of losing your cool, you beat them at a different game.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Scopeless

Sometimes bitchiness can't really be helped. It takes a lot to get me riled up, but if I'm in pain, and my painkillers aren't working while I'm under an arseload of stress and people won't leave me alone? It's pretty well prime time for complaining and being a witch. :/ Granted, it's only happened twice that I can remember, and I regret snapping at people like I did.
However, to people who constantly use PMS as an excuse; they need to be thwacked upside the head and learn self control to take responsibility for their actions - or lack thereof.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Oh I had to reply to this one...

First of all, who here actually thinks women or men are these great mysteries? I've spent my whole life around both sexes and find both to be equally...entertaining. If you're having trouble "understanding" either of the sexes, I think you just need to get out more. Men and women are just other people. In general, men and women have their differences, but people who turn the opposite sex into a mystery race from another planet are being pretty damn dramatic.

It seems like the thread starter isn't just referring to understanding women in general but more so to understanding women "in relationships". The title of the thread should have been "A Little Advice for Men in a Relationship WITH ME".

Instead of trying to understand one sex or the other, I think everyone should try to focus on understanding the unique person they are engaging. I've spent time with a few different women and can say confidently that not all of them are alike. Some women like to argue, and others just don't. Some women like to cuddle a lot, and others don't at all. The relationship I'm in now is nothing like my last one. The dynamic is different, and the players have changed. So, stop treating every member of the opposite sex the same, and start treating them as an individual.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join