It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kidnapped by another creature!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Point is I do agree they are silly and foolish so I would say I am in the majority since most think it's foolish

wouldn't it just be easier to walk away? If fact...are people incapable of just saying no? Why can't folks just say 'the heck with it' and move on?

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero
Point is I do agree they are silly and foolish so I would say I am in the majority since most think it's foolish

wouldn't it just be easier to walk away? If fact...are people incapable of just saying no? Why can't folks just say 'the heck with it' and move on?

-Kyo

Yes, they are silly and foolish and an embarrassment to a site such as this, I would agree.
But there has to be an underlying reason why they do these ridiculous threads ???
They must have real issues in their life.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
It's easy to ignore or laugh at the more outlandish threads and mostly they are harmless enough. But, when you get a serial hoaxer who is also posting advice in the Survival forum, what do you do?

I haven't a clue about Survival and I imagine that could be said of some other people who read the Survival forum looking for tips and advice on how to survive in a hostile environment.

What if you have a fantasist on there posting what looks to be very well thought out, good advice that could get you killed or injured if you took it?

Sure, people could investigate further, but they could also be inclined to value what is put forward as personal experience.

In the case of the person Death-Kron is referring to, I honestly don't know if he was genuine on the Survival forum and just having a laugh elsewhere at the expense of people he thought were gullible.

If it hasn't happened, I think all his Survival posts should be reviewed by someone who knows what they're doing and if the advice is bad then the posts should be deleted.

And Death_Kron - white/pinkish light! You girl

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

If one does not like a topic of alien abduction, there are many others that one can go to.
There are many of us who want to read the topics because there may be the one that could be possible. Yes, the majority of those topics are hoaxes, but there are the few that are not.

Besides, I also enjoy reading different and unique stories. Why else would I stop at this site if I did not?

Just move along to a thread one can enjoy and let the others be.

Peace, kf

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I get what the OP is on about to a point.. I mean this is a conspiracy site so its bound to attract crazies, but some of the stories/theories people have are beyond ridiculous. Although I only find it annoying when people put forth these stories and ideas in an incoherant, illogical way that makes it look like they had polished off a bottle of vodka before they typed it out.

Of course you can just click on something else and ignore the threads, but its difficult sometimes! Like I find the whole 2012/self-proclaimed aliens/deep discussions on various alien races annoying, almost to the point where it makes my eyes bleed... but I still find myself clicking on them sometimes just so I can be in complete awe of how insane some people are!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by berenike

That was the strange thing, Dan's survival information he posted was 100% spot on and genuinely good advice. Why he went on to make a fool out of himself I have no idea...

And Death_Kron - white/pinkish light! You girl

Haha, nooo don't start! I already have a member on this site who thinks I'm a woman

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

Spot on, exactly how I feel!

But like you said sometimes, only sometimes though!, its funny to read those type of threads for a good laugh

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

That was the strange thing, Dan's survival information he posted was 100% spot on and genuinely good advice.

That's a relief - there's something I can cross off my list of things to worry about.

I knew someone thought you were a woman - I had a little snicker at your expense

I must say I've been admiring your fortitude (and patience).

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join