Kidnapped by another creature!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Hello all,

I was kidnapped last night by a strange white/pinkish light outside my window! I woke up to see several photo-being investigating me and probing certain parts of my body.

I don't remember much but my head is a bit fuzzy and I have burns mark which I will post later...

Jesus Christ get real!!!!

There should be punishment on this board for people who make up ridiculous stories.

I'm getting sick of it...

This site is becoming a laughing ground because some people are afraid to say no.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Thanks for telling us morons what we couldn't possibly figure out without your help. Always love wasting time thanks for that too.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sloppy

Thanks for telling us morons what we couldn't possibly figure out without your help. Always love wasting time thanks for that too.

The point I was trying to illustrate is that I, and I'm speaking for the majority, am getting sick & tired of reading threads & posts that are so far beyond believable its untrue!

Okay, I can't prove someone right or wrong over an internet forum and maybe certain people are more open minded than me.

But some of the stuff is down right ridiculous and honestly looks like its been made up as its gone along.

All I'm saying is that evidence, where it can, should be provided and those who make false claims should be punished.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
have you read the T&C? they are punished where they can be shown to have created a hoax. where its a big story with no evidence it gets moved to skunk works, what more do you want done?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
have you read the T&C? they are punished where they can be shown to have created a hoax. where its a big story with no evidence it gets moved to skunk works, what more do you want done?

Yes I know that mate, maybe I'm just venting my frustration.

I'm pretty open minded to a variety of "out-there" topics and will consider any theory or story if I think theres a possibility it could be plausible.

But I'm getting sick of reading things that are literally strung together and make no sense. Threads and posts that have no grounding what so ever.

[edit on 21/8/09 by Death_Kron]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
You don't have to read every thread on the board, of course.

The fact these forums have such a wide variety of themes and approaches to each subject (from the esoteric to the scientific, the sceptical to the faithful, the research vs the personal experience, etc.) is in my opinion one of the strong points of ATS.

This collection of members are often at odds with each other from having such different views on so many subjects. However instead of reacting to the discussion and subjects proposed with frustration don't you think it would be a more fruitful approach to instead share in on the discussion with people who have completely different views and experiences than yours?

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by InTrueFiction

This collection of members are often at odds with each other from having such different views on so many subjects. However instead of reacting to the discussion and subjects proposed with frustration don't you think it would be a more fruitful approach to instead share in on the discussion with people who have completely different views and experiences than yours?

Usually I do just that.

Let me put it this way, I could think of something so outrageous to tell you now that you simply wouldn't believe me. Common sense and your intelligence would tell you that I was either lying or simply just wrong.

I don't like seeing people not using their common sense and the particular situation I'm refering to is one in which a previous member had created a ridiculous thread and people actually believe his story.

The story is so farcical its actually laughable. The other thing to note though; the member who created was banned from this site for creating false stories!

But people still believe it. I find it amazing...

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

What people believe or not is their business and does not insult me. To wish to protect others from information is clear cut censorship.

Let me put it this way...

Like the example you proposed - I prefer to see a thread in those lines and upon reading it decide whether it is relevant or not, an over-active imagination or maybe a valid experience, a hoax or a sincere account, insanity or the report of someone sound that had an experience they can't explain... rather than not being given the information at all.

There are a lot of forums on the internet that focus only on information such as channeling and spiritual knowledge, and clear cut personal experiences without any evidence where disblief is not encouraged. Their are also a lot of forums that only focus on rigid scientific discussion and views outside the mainstream are not wanted.

ATS functions in my opinion as a bridge between these two worlds so to speak where all information is placed out there for you to discern through. If people believe something or not is their responsability.

Me personally I prefer to see that thread you deem ridiculous (and I often do to) and walk way thinking "This is insane", and dismiss it than never reading about it at all.

Another thing is as was mentioned above the wide spectrum of members points of view that is a part of ATS allows this forum to have what must be a record of hoax uncovering. That itself is refreshing because regardless of how unsound a thread may be I am sure a lot of members like me experience the fact that ATS trains your eye to discern between information more accurately.

In conclusion (because I know I digress a lot
) I prefer to have the responsability of filtering through information put on myself, than having that information be filtered before it reaches me. Regardless of how "out there" that information may be.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by InTrueFiction

Yeah I suppose your right, that was a good response. I actually feel slightly calmer now!

I was just venting my frustration really.

I definately don't want censorship, you are right its best to leave the content to be interpretted by the reader.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I know how you feel mate. If I feel that the person telling the outlandish story is causing people to go looking for say a cave because the world is gonna end, then I think ATS or mods should step in and warn people that if they follow the advice they could get themselves into trouble or injure themselves say like the dark knight 2011 story. If you feel someone is out and out lying then just point out the holes in there story. If people want to believe these outlandish stories then point out the holes and inconsistences and if they cant still see, then leave them to it.
Try not to get to frustrated, we are all at different levels of life and experience and all have something to offer at some point.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Kurokage]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

wow, at first you had me going there DK !!
I thought things had got very interesting in your life !!

Yes, some threads on here are outrageous and totally unbelievable.

I see ufo's quite frequently now, you know that, but I refuse to post anything on the sightings without evidence.
It would just get debunked, so I don't bother.
This is definately a site that requires hard proof, I've learned that.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

You do realize many rival websites and boards come to ATS make posts such as that then ridicule the responses received on ATS on other boards? Who knows maybe there might even be a skeptics board or site that does it too.

There was a recent attempt to throw a bunch of faked UFO photo's up here to see how many would take the bait and was openly discussed on the board maybe someone has a link to that as I don't.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
=D I got abducted by Bigfoot and Santa clause Lol nah just had to make a joke due to this tread i agree some of these posting out outrageously unbelievable but what can ya do about it some people just have no life and nothing to do. all tho if Santa did abduct me id prolly id check myself into a mental institution because then id know im crazy LOL

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I am probably the only one...and that's fine with me but don't tell us you speak for the majority. I am part of this supposed majority and I didn't ask for a spokesmen so you don't speak for me. Punishment is such a harsh way to deal with such a trivial matter As has been said so many times. Just skip it. If you read the first few lines an dyou know where it goes then move on.

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero
I am probably the only one...and that's fine with me but don't tell us you speak for the majority. I am part of this supposed majority and I didn't ask for a spokesmen so you don't speak for me. Punishment is such a harsh way to deal with such a trivial matter As has been said so many times. Just skip it. If you read the first few lines an dyou know where it goes then move on.

-Kyo

Just because you don't agree mate doesn't mean I'm not speaking for the majority. You are a very, very, very small part of this site and just because you don't agree with what I'm saying does not mean I'm not speaking up for the rest of us

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

Yeah thats probably true, people like to see what others will believe and then have a laugh at their expense. I'm not sure that was the case in the thread I was referring to though.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurokage

Cheers for that mate, I'm glad you understand where I'm coming from. Some people obviously don't feel the same way but like I've said it just annoys me at times to see such insane ramblings.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by uk today

Haha, no they haven't taken me yet!

Like I've said before if they took me I'd be back in a day or two

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
its the internet. common place for faked/hoax content.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

You know, on this matter the best thing to do is totally ignore the really ridiculous insulting intelligence threads, because the people that create them are obviously living in either a delusional world or in desperate need of attention.

Either way, I find it quite sad that they feel they have to do this.
I suspect they lead pretty unfulfilling lives or are very unhappy.

I can see your point completely and can see why you get so angry with them, but maybe its my soft side----I'd like to help them and try and understand why they do it xx

top topics

<<   2 >>

join