It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu Vaccine Trials Begin in Children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Swine Flu Vaccine Trials Begin in Children

abcnews.go.com

With adult trials already under way without serious incident, researchers began giving H1N1 swine flu vaccine to children Wednesday to test the safety and effectiveness for the upcoming flu season.

Although U.S. cases are growing, health officials believe crisis is ending.The trials among children, which will ultimately be conducted at five universities in the United States, will allow researchers to determine effective and safe dosing of the vaccine, which has been designed to prevent a strain of influenza that has already claimed more than 1,000 lives worldwide.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I have seen articles about testing of the vaccines.

I was under the impression that all the previous tests were on adults.

I can't imagine letting a child volunteer for one of these tests.

Even though I usually get the flu shot and almost never get sick, I still can't see letting one of my kids get an experimental jab.

Your thoughts?

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I just couldn't help but wonder WHAT kind of PARENT would let their kid go through clinical trials??

I know that they pay (sometimes well). Is it for the money, or why would someone sign their kids up? I sure as heck would not let mine have an experimental jab!!! ...So again, I question the kind of parents.

EDIT: Typo

[edit on 20-8-2009 by LostNemesis]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Taken from the news link

Roughly 600 children are enrolled in the National Institutes of Health's trials, she said. They are evenly divided into three age groups: 6 to 35 months, 3 to 9 years, and 10 to 17 years.

I totally was clueless that people will agree to have their 6 month old infant jabbed with a flu shot!

"The difference is we have to get consent from both the parents and the child," said Dr. Janet Englund, a pediatrician with Children's Hospital, Seattle, who is running one of the five branches of the study, explaining that any child 7 or older must give their own consent to participate in the trial. She said that about 2 percent of children do refuse to participate.

My thoughts?

I am sickened that it will be the little ones with parents allegiances to the NWO who will get the first jabs. So kids above the age of seven will be able to say no to the trial vaccine but what about those who are under the age of 7? Don't they have a saying in this matter?

I am sure that if you sit down with a 4 year old and explain to him/her that this vaccine contains mercury and all the snake oil that comes with it and that mercury is known to HARM people even in minute amount and that this vaccine can make him/her very sick, do you think that this 4 year old would say yes to it if he/she had a choice?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I sure as hell won't stand for MY little sibs and cousins to get it!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

That's exactly what I thought.

I'm not opposed to vaccinations but I would never have let them test on my kids.

Never

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I doubt that the "test" vaccine will have thimersol in it.

However, when it is mass produced, you may have thimersol added.

I don't need any more mercury injected into my body.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by miss_silver

You said :
I totally was clueless that people will agree to have their 6 month old infant jabbed with a flu shot!

Heck -- that's the upside of poverty, my friend !

If we need the money bad enough we'll do almost anything !

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
I doubt that the "test" vaccine will have thimersol in it.

However, when it is mass produced, you may have thimersol added.

I don't need any more mercury injected into my body.

The trial will not be using adjuvanted vaccines either !

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The experimentals will be fine. They need it to pass that phase, after all.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

what do you mean?

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Donnie Darko]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
It will be interesting to watch the next couple of years. I predict the people and kids who take the shot will be sicker on average than the ones who dont.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Breath easy fellas. We got a whole group of crazy parents and their Guinea Pig kids taking point!

Now let's sit and watch to see which one of those kids sprouts a third arm.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I have a friend who works for a local pediatrician, last week he held a meeting with the employees regarding the vaccine, he wants all his employees vaccinated asap, and to have them line up all his patients for shots within a month of recieving the supply, he was telling them that this is to ensure that they don't get it, and that his patients are not bringing it into the office, vaccinate before they are exposed he said. She said he talked at length about the fears of the vaccine, and his opinion is that without it, the children at at great risk of dying when a second or 3rd wave hits, he told the nurses that any child who is not vaccinated will be at risk for contracting the virus, and he does not want to see any of the patients who fail to receive the vaccination.

I take it that he is terrified of the flu, and feels very safe about the vaccine.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

what do you mean?

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Donnie Darko]

I mean that the experimental concoctions (vaccines) will be fine. No one is going to die or get seriously injured with them. They need the testing to go well so it can look good.

Then when they are done testing, the REAL concoctions will be injected.

Simple bait and switch type deal.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I just received a letter from our local health department that they will not be giving precautionary vaccinations to the children that are returning to school in two weeks. They only advise that if your child shows symptoms of flu to keep him home and notify a doctor.

This is for dutch children and Germany is the same. So why are some countries taking such a big risk with the lives of their children while other countries aren't.

As a matter of fact the whole swine flu issue isn't even in the news anymore overhere. No mass vaccination, nothing!!

That's just weird!!!

Peace

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

It is all over the US news.

That is all I ever hear about when I am walking past my house mates channel surfing in the living room.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

And i'll bet you that U.K. and Australia it isn't any different. Somebody is trying to scare it's population if you ask me...

Any greek people in the house who can confirm that their media machine is pumping out fear aswell??

Or for that matter any chinese or russians on here who can confirm that they haven't been hearing much on the whole swine flu issue through their media lately

Peace

[edit on 21/8/2009 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The news articles here in the US are predicting a resurgence of the flu as the kids go back to school.

Kids are great at transmitting disease because they don't fully comprehend hand washing and covering their mouths when coughing. As they get towards high school and college they love to spread germs through other methods.

I can't tell you yet if I'll take the jab. Right now, I'm leaning towards getting it. I almost always get a flu shot and virtually never get sick.

new topics

top topics

join