It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Arrested at Gatwick with Live Grenade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Man Arrested at Gatwick Airport with Live Grenade

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 05:57 PM
link   
As far as i know he has no links to terrorism and could just be a nut!!!
But if he could do it we better be afraid....

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
They assume he has no terrorism links because he is from Venezuela, and is not Muslim.... that does not preclude Al Quaeda or anyone else from employing freelance terrorists, who can come from any national origin.

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 06:40 PM
link   
True.

Whats to stop a outside party trying to kickstart the war and blaming Al Quaeda.

Not that i feel sorry for them All terrorist should be stopped..

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Now we cant even carry our grenade with us!
What kind of a world is this?!

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   
yeah. what if he just was carry that grenade just to carry a grenade? but i guess better safe then sorry hehe. poor man.. cant carry his grenade around anymore =(

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Hey!

Just to get the facts straight here!

I was transporting a patient down to the London Hospital yesterday and when we landed at Gatwick, we were waiting in the Infirmary and all these bloody alarms went off!

We thought the place had gone on fire or something but it then turned out to be some freekin' psyco trying to blow the place up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got moved to one of the hangers because we were waiting on the Medivac Helicopter coming in and we watched as the place was evacuated; i'm being serious here when i say that those police officers deserve a big cheer for staying cool under that pressure!!!!

Anyway, that is my story from gatwick and i hope never to repeat it again!
I was scared stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Once walked straight through customs carrying 4 replica blasting rods by mistake.
no one stopped me.

oddly enough that was the same trip I went to the check in and saw a sign which pointed out I couldn't have scissors, craft knives, petrol lighters or nail files in my hand luggage.

It served as a usefull reminder of what I'd forgotten to buy so, when my bags had been checked and I was ushered into the departure lounge before boarding, I nipped into the handy duty free shop they have there and bought scissors, a craft knife, a petrol lighter and a nail file.

I'm flying tomorrow.
Luckily I'm not a terrorist but theres no doubt in my mind that I could easily carry a dangerous weapon through security.

I really have no idea what they think more troops and a couple of tanks are actually going to do.

Maybe paying their check in staff more so they weren't just mindless bored drones who can't be bothered to check bags properly would have a more pronounced effect.

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The thing that pisses me off about the new security is that they got half of my nice lighter in Houston. It was a butane lighter that had a small crescent wrench on it. They took the crescent part of it. What am I gonna do with that...take off the wing...throw it and hope it knocks someone's eye out? I understand and respect most of the new security laws. Most of them are common sense. But a three inch lighter couldn't really hurt someone that much.

top topics

join