It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Craiglslist UFO pic- Racine County?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Who knew you could find pics of UFO's on craigslist? lol

Seriously though, I was cruising through Craigslist and I found this post in the "rants and rave" section. While the author's rant sounds like paranoid rambling, it is most likely all a joke. It doesnt feel serious to me. But what I'm wondering is if any ATS'rs from the Wisconsin area (Racine/Milwaukee specifically) know of any recent sightings? This photo was included in the "rant" its possible its a fake (maybe not even related to the rant) but that's why we're here - to sort through the BS.

Coincidentally, I'll be camping Fri-Sun this weekend near the area where allegedly the photo was taken. I'll keep my eyes peeled, fingers crossed, but I aint gonna hold my breath. We'll see....

(rant posted below pic...it really is over the top)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b6a74e076e7f.jpg[/atsimg]

last week i left my small uni bomber still shake to go to the local mall for a new pair of sneakers. i drove to the mall and while i was approaching the entrance i noticed the aliens who had been listening to my pphone calls and reading my teleconetic messages to ralph nader had finally caught up with me. they appeared to be in a triangular shaped space shuttle equipped with what appeared to be lasers. i immediately ran back to my car. they continued to circle until i started my car and drove away to the target parking lot next door. they followed. i have seen them everyday since. they are out to get me and you. watch the skies. they are all around you. they are coming for us. they can read your minds and invade our homes as house cats. dont be fooled anymore. they will get you. watch out!!

milwaukee.craigslist.org...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by spikedmilk

It looks like light reflections on a window to me.

Line 2 just for you

[edit on 20-8-2009 by kenton1234]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kenton1234

Yes, the reflection of down-lights in the ceiling of the room the pic was taken from.

That sentence was more complex than it could have been

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
yeah, I wont disagree on the probability of that. But it can never hurt to ask, right?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Exactly. I made a thread some time ago about a photograph showing four UFOs over London which turned out to be light reflections, looked very similar to this.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I do not know of any sightings, and would think that objects like that would have been seen by many people.

I monkeyed with the photo for a few minutes, and I can't even tell if that is actually from the area, and I'm pretty sure I'd be able to recognize if it were.
I am not even close to being able to manipulate photos, so if someone else could enhance it, I'm sure I'd be able to pin point the location of the photo.

Also, I think I've seen that photo in the past.

Where are you camping, if you don't mind my asking?

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Oaktree]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

Thanks Oak, that was one of my reservations...I aint sure if it looks like Racine but I've only been there a couple times so I really couldnt be sure.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

i think thats called preposition storm that i coined JUST this moment

you can find anything on craigslist btw.

collectibles, electronics, jobs, hookers....

i mean seriously. even someone to join your cause if you are good enough.

the best trick is to say you are a photographer looking for ladies for a shoot. you must send in a photo for consideration first though.

edit to actually add something to the thread:
i think that if he saw this while driving then the picture wouldnt have been taken from 50 stories up, and wouldnt have recessed halogen lights reflecting off the window. o wait THOSE were the ufos... yeah tricky buggers. they will be showing up as hub caps in next issue of "PSYCHE!!!"

[edit on 8/20/2009 by mahtoosacks]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
that has to be one of the funniest alien rants i've ever heard. "i noticed the aliens who had been listening to my pphone calls and reading my teleconetic messages to ralph nader had finally caught up with me" - Wow.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The Illuminati ran wild in that guys mind.
Based on the Tesla UFO theory I could sell a piece of wire saying
that it belongs in the motor for UFOs.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I live just a hop north of this area. I haven't heard of anything like this, and the photo doesn't look like UFOs to me.

I see weird stuff from time to time in the Wisconsin skies, but nothing that I could say was definitely a spaceship from another world.

Keep looking, though, and happy camping!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikedmilk
i immediately ran back to my car. they continued to circle until i started my car and drove away to the target parking lot next door. they followed. i have seen them everyday since. they are out to get me and you. watch the skies.

What does he have, a flying car? The photo was taken out of an airplane.
Yeah, I'm skeptical.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Craigs list is known for scams and what not, I live in the area and there

has'nt been a hint of this on the news, just some crackpot joke, IMO

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
It's a reflection from the internal side of some commercial bulding. Look at the perspective, and you'll get the why.
This is a RARE type of hoax, but it works sometimes.
Here's an article by Kentaro Mori
forgetomori.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree

Nope I do not mind
, Bong Recreation area......
.....yup, thats the name. but really a nice place for camping, big sites, close to home ...good place to sit around a fire

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
that has to be one of the funniest alien rants i've ever heard. "i noticed the aliens who had been listening to my pphone calls and reading my teleconetic messages to ralph nader had finally caught up with me" - Wow.

I know
, i'm gonna keep watching CL now to see if he rants some more...

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Dude!
I wish I'd have seen this post sooner, but I was fishing all day today, on Vern Wolf Lake! (Lake located in Bong Rec. Area.)

We coulda met for a few Sammy Adams or something.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

P.S.
I'm not crazy or anything, it woulda been kinda neat to meet a fellow ATS'er is all.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Thanks for posting that picture, spikedmilk.

If you've not loooked at a number of pictures of reflections of lights in windows such as the one you posted, it would be easy to be fooled by it.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree
I do not know of any sightings, and would think that objects like that would have been seen by many people.

I monkeyed with the photo for a few minutes, and I can't even tell if that is actually from the area, and I'm pretty sure I'd be able to recognize if it were.
I am not even close to being able to manipulate photos, so if someone else could enhance it, I'm sure I'd be able to pin point the location of the photo.

Also, I think I've seen that photo in the past.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Oaktree]

I'm from the Southeastern Milwaukee area.. Also looking at that photo, I noticed the large hill areas in the background.. We have hills, but not that big, if you look at a aerial view of this area, it's flat..

The objects in the picture do look like reflected light though a window IMO.. Too bad the picture wasn't bigger with better resolution.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Bong Recreation Area? Really?

I guess that's where pics like this originate.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by cnuum]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join