It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Wrote This?? (No Cheating!)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

So, before I misquote or mistake what you referenced there, I'm going to have to ask, what exactly was the upside to the bastard Adoplh Hitler and the Third Reich?

First, we must understand the only Bastard is History. We can safely deduce one certainty, and that is nothing in History is uncorrupted, and that no history is fact, and that no history is free of propaganda. The "upside" as we will say to the 3rd Reich is that Hitler managed to bring this ruined nation from dirt poor poverty to being an economic super power, as well as militarily in a very short amount of time.. Decisive though he was, and unethical in many ways, the progress that was preformed when looking at it from a historical viewpoint was nothing short of amazing.

We view leaders today as cardboard cut outs with a fake smile, fake laugh, fake answer, fake solutions. What if today we had a leader that had the balls to take all our problems by the throat and assault them into submission .. that didn't act like a politician but as an actual leader (which is never as .. "nice" as the way we view things should be)

Fact of the matter is there was a PR campaign against him, and that's why we still hate him .. but if you look back just past him you see the likes of Napoleon, known as one of the greatest military leaders.. was a Tyrant and nothing short of it.. hundreds of thousands died, if not millions, nations were plundered..... and we still use his system of addresses to this day. Even Tyrants have their contributions. The point being, he's not vilified because quite frankly he helped America, there was never a PR campaign against him. You can see the likes of Oliver Cromwell, who performed nothing short of Ethnic Cleansing against the Irish .. viewed with content by everyone but.... the Irish.

So it's not so much "agreeing" with Hitler. It's recognizing he was a Leader, and we must assume all World leaders (except modern ones) act rationally, not irrational, for the betterment of their country by the only means they know how.. considering how many nations before Germany tried to conquer Europe, hell less than a hundred years ago France was trying.. it's highly hypocritical to say Germany was in some way acting speratic and unexpectedly. So I am only saying what it is.. obviously this riles emotions and surprise in some people.. and all I have to say is "Yeah, the propaganda worked that good" .. it's almost Taboo to even say his name.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Without taking this into a lenghty de-railment of this thread, I agree, Hitler was a leader.

As for everything else about him, whether he was a leader or not, and no matter his accomplishments, I will not laud him for them, no matter what they were.

I have certain boundaries even if I acknowledge that history is written by the victor, he is not one loser I will ever feel sorry for.

I have seen history through the eyes of a non-comformist my whole life, seeing both sides of the "historical coin" so to speak, and I acknowledge both sides, the victor and the vanquished, because if I do not I am forgetting the lesson buried within.

I am someone who knows both defeat and victory, both taste bitter at times and both sweet.

I had a friend of mine that hoped I might be a benevolent dictator and I was shocked to say the least that this friend of fourteen years would suggest such a thing of me.

I told her plainly and in no uncertain terms I will never become a dictator, benevolent or otherwise.

To me history itself is fickle, because if people really knew who funded the rise of the Nazi's we would have less big corporations around even now, because some of those Nazi-collaborators are still in business to this day and are as well still enacting Hitler's plans even after the Third Reich fell, whether they do it because they are Nazi or Fascist minded is unknown, but I know I have studied enough history to know exactly who they are and I know their every plan and I intend on stopping them whether it takes one day or every day until the day I die.

Rockpuck, when I get my electricity back on, you and I need to debate on a topic.

I can see it would be a lot of fun to debate you, no matter the topic.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

As for everything else about him, whether he was a leader or not, and no matter his accomplishments, I will not laud him for them, no matter what they were.

Suit your self, I personally don't laud him either.. I nothing him. He was what he was, a product of that time period. And as you say, if we all understood who funded him, not only would we have a grudge against a number of corporations, but our Government it's self..

I had a friend of mine that hoped I might be a benevolent dictator and I was shocked to say the least that this friend of fourteen years would suggest such a thing of me.

As a Monarchist I would have to say that the notions of Monarchs or "Dictators" being bad simply because the people "don't have a choice" is absurd. Every glorified Empire in history was a dictatorship.. even Rome, we look past the Republic to the Empire.. People have an internal desire to be told what to do, not to dictate Government themselves.. And when it comes down to it, which is worse? The King or the President? Neither, they are the same.. only one offers the illusion of hope and change while providing only further tyranny.

By the way, who where you to rule over exactly?

I can see it would be a lot of fun to debate you, no matter the topic.

I am an exceptionally bad debater.. inconsistent reply times, lack of external sources, uhg, it's horrible.. I even lost my last one because it was to sensational without external sources.. of course..... I was right and it all came true..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I believe we had this discussion in chat, in reference to who I would "rule over", didn't we?

I have been approached now, 1001 times, to be President of these United States.

Each and every time I ask, will I get to make the choice or the conglomerate?

And each time, the answer is the same, and I am no puppet.

You and I still need to debate, whether you're a slacker or not in a debate, that just means I will win easier.

And, no, not being a puppet, would not mean I want to be a dictator.

I just do not see being a puppet as being a real leader.

I do not answer to the dictate of money and all the crap that big industry and big business demand.

I believe a President should be elected by the people, for the people, and listen to the people.

And I am not going to follow in J.F.K.'s footsteps because I can guarantee I will not back down from the conglomerate, no way, now how.

I sure hope the original poster does not get frustrated with us for sidetracking his thread.

Clinton, Bush, Obama, it makes no difference, a puppet is a puppet, because the strings of blackmail at the hands of the puppet masters of Skull and Bones are just that, puppet strings.

A note to add, with that discussion with my friend on puppet dictators, in response to the benevolent dictator comment.

I told her "But Gepeto, I want to be a real boy, a real boy...

She was laughing almost as hard as I was laughing.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
This has led to some interesting discussion. A little far off from where it was intended to be, but consciousness if fickle sometimes, I suppose.

My original point was whether we are headed for danger due to the similarity of Goebbels's words and what we hear on HERE every day.

I suppose it was a lot like that cartoon you posted, King. I think if we're not careful as a people, the potential exists for us to unite behind someone speaking our language...someone that CAN change things....and then, four of five years later, we're rounding up anyone that doesn't fit in with what the leader, that we voted for, decides.

I was lead to that site by a force I can't understand. The words sounded so eerily familiar, to our current situation as a nation, that I HAD to share them, given the lesson that was to be learned when a nation's people were so broke, hungry and unrepresented that they clung to the ideals that were , at first, exactly what they were looking for.

I guess it was just a warning to people, not everyone, to be careful what you wish for.

I certainly do appreciate you guys' input. Thank you very much.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Without extreme actions, extreme change cannot occur. To believe that through subtlety and indirect persuasion a Nation will change it's course is laughable. Decisive, direct, extreme action would have to take place to get that 'equal and opposite reaction' so to speak. Whether or not you view that as necessary or even worth while is entirely up to your own politics.

Everyone wants change, they want to live in this Utopia, but no one wants to sacrifice to get there. The apathetic masses will live under what ever government promises them the least confrontation -- something we have grown to fear. It goes along with the belief that Americans are fat and lazy, they want everything for nothing, they want all the promises of Government without paying for it and they want all the change without action to bring it about. You get what we deserve, and if through apathetic oppression radical ideas formulate I cannot say that it would be surprising, if anything, it is the natural course.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Not everyone wants to live in Utopia.

As far as I am concerned this is exactly what led to Nazi Germany, the search for Utopia.

I just want politician's who actually do their damn job, not pander to the money they are being bought with thorugh legal bribery, called lobbying.

KSPigpen, my apologies for taking your thread off topic.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Sure they do.. everyone strives to create a "perfect world" .. be it in Government or a little bubble they create in their own lives to reach what ever state of happiness excluded from outside influences.. do we always reach it? No, almost never.. but in the back of our minds we all have an idea of what we want to be, need to be, expected to be, hope to be and so forth. The same with Government.. We want our rights, we want our privileges, we want non-corruptible politicians and we want protection .. but we do absolutely nothing to show we do.

And it doesn't matter what system of government, money will always hold priority.. it's the life blood of the Nations, to believe we could live with a perpetual enlightened political force that worked ONLY for the people and the peoples rights is an impossibility, and is the definition of a Political Utopia..

Get rid of every corrupt politician, and you will replace them with more corrupt politicians.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Get rid of every corrupt politician, and you will replace them with more corrupt politicians.

Yes, unfortunately, this is correct.

And, I do not seek Utopia, because I know better.

There is no such thing as a perfect world.

I do not want perfection, I want reality over illusion, politicians create illusion to rule over reality.

False-security does nothing for me whatsoever.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join