It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China slams US for violating 'national interests'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

China slams US for violating 'national interests'

hosted.ap.org< br />

BEIJING (AP) -- A top Chinese general criticized the U.S. on Thursday for selling arms to Taiwan and accused Washington of only being cooperative when it needs help with international campaigns.
"You keep challenging and violating our core national interests, and we have to react," People's Liberation Army Chief of the General Staff Chen Bingde said at a meeting in Beijing with his U.S. counterpart, Gen. George Casey.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
...""Once the United State needs us to cooperate, they are good to us, they are friendly to us. Otherwise, they can do anything they want, even to offend the Chinese people. But I don't think that kind of cooperation can continue," Chen said at the meeting, which was open to the media.

Casey, the Army chief of staff, said Washington understood Beijing's position on Taiwan, but that there needed to be understanding on both sides.

"It's difficult to build a lasting relationship when we start from a point that 'we have problem and it is you'," Casey said."

Is China just NOW learning that the US government can't be trusted? Since 1949, the US has sided with Taiwan...selling them arms, much to the disdain of the Chinese government. They still think Taiwan is a 'rogue state.' After fifty some odd years, China is still wanting Taiwan back in the fold.
I suppose if I were China, I can see the uneasiness associated with having an American funded and supplied government across the bay from mainland China.
The Cuban missile crisis was very similar IMO.
I just really think it's time for the US to pull it's tentacles back in and focus on improving conditions in our country.
Of course, a war with China would be the PERFECT thing we need to get us back on the empirialistic, patriotic wavelength.
What would make the nation stronger than to replace the words 'Al Qaeda', 'Taliban' and 'Terrorists' with 'Pinko Commies?'
Is it too late to get OFF this bus? I think I missed my stop.

hosted.ap.org< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Lets not forget the Chinese have done it to America as well... Look at it this way there are three camps. One America, Canda, Aussie, and westren Europe and Parts of Eastern Europe, and Isreal Japan, and the Phillipines. 2 Russia parts of Europe Parts of Asia, some of Africa and the Middle East, parts of South America.. 3 China LARGE amounts of ASIA, AFRICA, the Pacifc Brim, Parts of South America. These three nation have built them a 1984 campaign with what it looks like to me as a show down wtih 1 vs2 and 3.... Lot of Camps lot of moving parts, lot of internal strife in all nations.
Sounds aboout Ripe for a total war.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
That's absurd! It's a classic case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Just my 2-cents

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Well seeing as how the Taiwanese have purchased fighters and stealth corvettes from France and submarines from the Netherlands, the Chinese need to spread their anger around a little more.

Perhaps its China who should be pulling in their tentacles, the Taiwanese appear to be enjoying their freedom.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Not to mention pointing and testing missiles near Taiwan to scare the crap out of them. And I don't think its simiar to Cuban Missile Crisis since we are not giving nuclear arms to Taiwan, just conventional weaponry. Cuba has Soviet made weaponry with the exception of nukes.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
No such issue..you should look at who flew over last week and what contracts were signed..enjoy.

edit: who

[edit on 20-8-2009 by tristar]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The Chinese are suckers. They keep buying our debt.

top topics

join