It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demonic Video Games

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I played on my ps3 left for dead,and all I had for last few days are zombies following me at walmart..oh I don't shop a whole lot there either so,I think this game has taken over...or it can be the cymbalta withdraws.

Do you think demons and zombies are almost the same things?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
What we think of as reality is actually what we are taught to think.

We are indoctrinated by parents then the school system that what you see, smell hear and taste is real.

Virtual reality and dealing with violence in media will take you further from the road of love and peace and closer to violence and division. Me against you instead of us working together to better this world.

Its a distraction. Look how some people handle MMORPG's like WOW. They spend all of they're free time in a massive orgy of distraction.

Just like modern life. Its a massive orgy of distraction. You are instead of finding the truth within, you are placing yourself in another reality that never leads tot he truth of who we are or why we are here.

If you tell yourself something enough times it will become part of your reality.

If you commit enough violence whether virtual or in what we call reality, it will become your reality. Be a different reality. The easy way is the common road. The hard way is the uncommon path.

Take the less trodden road and be part of the solution, not just another surf. Being different is hard to do. Being on the road of love and empathy is something TPTB dont want you to be on.

Be a warrior. Not the violent warrior but the one that is different than the rest. One that is not afraid that someone will think your not cool...or chillin.

Try instead to be at peace.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Hey guys, what about Doom? So many demonic elements there.

What amazed me is how everyone saw Doom and started kicking up a fuss because it had Satanic imagery and demons all over the place. Did they not realise that you're the one killing demons?

It's not like you're the Satanist, geez. Some people should just stop worrying about this sort of thing.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
To me it's just funny.
And stupid. This game might be bad for highly impressible and mentally disturbed, that's why kids can't buy it.. But it shouldn't be banned.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

You are instead of finding the truth within, you are placing yourself in another reality that never leads tot he truth of who we are or why we are here.

ok then, what is the "truth" ?

Be a warrior. Not the violent warrior but the one that is different than the rest.

i cant, im a battle mage.

sorry couldnt resit that one

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
You pick the most horribly violent video game and then post a thread about how it's possibly demonic?

Well the name alone should have tipped people off.

POSTAL 2

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by OTTOKARMA

You are instead of finding the truth within, you are placing yourself in another reality that never leads tot he truth of who we are or why we are here.

ok then, what is the "truth" ?

To be better that what we are. To learn that we are all one.

To be "awake" as Siddhartha Gautama said when he became Buddha. This is the truth, you find it in the silence of the mind.

Its not the notes that make music but the silence between the notes. You will never find your path if you fill it with violent imagery.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Its not the notes that make music but the silence between the notes

without noises, silence dont exist.

violent imagery exist as a part in life, without war, there is no possibility of peace.

Because in the human nature the desire of being superior alway existed .

As you said yourself

"Its not the notes that make music but the silence between the notes"

We are humans.

and peace and violence are essentials elements to each others.

To be better that what we are.

so then, what are we ?

[edit on 21-8-2009 by OTTOKARMA]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

violent imagery exist as a part in life, without war, there is no possibility of peace.

War is the product of small minded men that cannot see that nothing matters but love.

This is peace, in the imagery of these nature shots and the way this music can make you feel.

You asked what we are.

We are souls of different ages. Some are young and fresh from the world of animals. They are cunning and smart but cannot live in peace. They see nothing but the nothingness of having power over others and this is why we have war.

As you cycle enough times you get to a better place in your mind and soul.

This is our sojourn.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

This is peace, in the imagery of these nature shots and the way this music can make you feel.

cliché..its not an explanation at all.
it dont explain anythings....

the music is absolutely awful
the pics are just..well, yeah...just...cliché

so apparently you're just regurgitating some buddhism text you been reading without understanding

Well i let you fantasize on your buddha ego trip,and ill head to set some orphanages onf fire while im raping some virgins starving to death for food.....in a video game, of course

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

cliché..its not an explanation at all.
it dont explain anythings....

the music is absolutely awful
the pics are just..well, yeah...just...cliché

so apparently you're just regurgitating some buddhism text you been reading without understanding

Well i let you fantasize on your buddha ego trip,and ill head to set some orphanages onf fire while im raping some virgins starving to death for food.....in a video game, of course

Do what you will.

I am wasting my time. You can stay lost as a boy or you can become a man.

Your choice.

By the way I am a Pagan not a Buddhist.

Now I am going to bed.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Oh you're a Pagan ?

what level are you ?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
A game is a game, is a game.

If you don't want your kids playing it, don't buy it for them.

If you don't like playing the game, don't play it all the way through, and critique the content.

I think that's pretty simple.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by OTTOKARMA

Wanna PVP?

Pew Pew Pew (Lasers)

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I can't believe this thread is still going.

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Oh joy.

I think I grew out of that kind of stuff when I was 15.

Well thank you for proving what I said about 8 pages ago, and was completely ignored.

Why are you (apparently) so worried about 'the children' when you know yourself that this is juvenile humor?

Postal 2 is *exactly* the game you'd get if you took a bunch of kids from a playground and asked them to design a sick game. If anybody can't see that, or think that this will 'affect' kids in any way, you are so out of touch with reality I don't know what to tell you.

It's childish, and gets boring very quickly. This thread has lasted longer than the game did.

Originally posted by plutoxgirl

These people desensitize (more) after 'playing' with these video games- on a daily basis.

I'm sorry, no offense, but you have no idea what you're talking about.

As I said before - the kids sat at home playing games are not the ones who are out getting drunk, taking drugs, or causing trouble.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Things are neither demonic or angelic. They are simply terms relative to the individual. We create what they are (or are not) in our own minds.

If a lion, bear, crocodile or shark mauls a human beyond recognition are they evil? When a bee pollinates the flower of a tree that subsequently bares us fruit, is it angelic?

Nope! They are just being what they are.

Is a gun that was used in a massacre evil? Is a car used in a hit & run evil? Is a video game evil? A scalpel can be used to cut someones throat or remove a cancer from it. Is it evil or angelic? It's all relative to the intent of the user but the objects themselves are inanimate and without purpose.

I worked for 4 years for one of the major video game companies. Therefore, I played an incredible amount of games of varying genres. They are simply forms of entertainment. If someone plays a video game and then proceeds to act out a fantasy in real life, then the individual had a mental illness and it could have been any number of things that flicked their switch.

Perhaps they though they received secret messages to kill atheists when playing "I'm a believer" by The Monkeys backward on their record player.

For me it comes down to one thing. People are either nice, or nuts!

IRM :shk:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I once played a game called the Silencer or something like that. I played the game for entertainment or to have fun. I knew the people in the game weren't real. Yet I enjoyed blowing away the enemies with grenades, rocket launchers, and my semi-automatic with bullets blasting away. I enjoyed hearing the screams when I would blow up a flammable barrel of toxic waste near an enemy. I think I accidently found out how to make their screams last longer. Was that demonic? I don't think so. I was just having fun or entertaining myself. I knew it wasn't real. I never thought seriously about doing that stuff in real life. It was a game. It was fantasy.

Now playing a game involving urinating or vomit is not my idea of fun but if someone wants to play a game and they are not mentally insane, I don't have any problem with them playing such a game. Is it demonic? Not really in my opinion. If it was, then those early Saturday morning cartoons with Road Runner were demonic too. That wolf was constantly trying to kill the Road Runner. If it was a wolf, my memory grows fuzzy.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   

This game was released in 2003. Has it taken you six whole years of looking to find something to rant about?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by wozza

This game was released in 2003. Has it taken you six whole years of looking to find something to rant about?

As I stated before, he specifically asked someone to name a sick game, entirely for the purposes of creating this thread. Since this is pretty much the only game in existance I would call 'sick', it's obviously the one he's going to post about

Now had the thread been about movies, sure, there are plenty of movies that call themselves 'horror' that are not in the least bit scary, and are just pretty sick. I might have seen his point.

But no game belongs in this category.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Enrikez

Regardless, if what I bolded ever came true and a game becomes indistinguishable from real life it is no longer a game. Therefore your point is moot.

What a cop out.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join