It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Cameron movie Avatar trailer!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
www.apple.com...

This is going to be an awesome move! Already got tickets to advance screenings of this 3D movie, I was lucky to pounce on it. Watching it tomorrow, will come back to tell you what my impressions are.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by deltaboy]

[edit on 20-8-2009 by deltaboy]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Youtube version

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a00d7f194ec7.jpg[/atsimg]

Pretty real looking special effects, that's not make up.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
My impressions of the movie...F****** awesome!!

No doubt about it. The picture was clear and perfect, I would say beyond perfect.

First segment is the introduction of a Marine name Jake Sully on a wheelchair coming in as the Commander is introducing the people to the planet.

Second is Jake Sully being prepare to turn into the blue tall creature called Navi. Sigourney Weaver is also in the film as a doctor, later on she is also the Navi.

Third segment, Jake Sully is taking on a strange creature that looks awesome, kind of like a Rhino but has a hammerhead like shark head with peacock like feather on the head, it goes up when in anger or fear I believe, Jake stands up against the creature, the creature backs away and Jake is pumped up thinking hes in control until another creature behind him pops up, a jaguar like creature that chases after him.

Fourth segment, Jake is rescued by a woman Navi against small like Jaguar creatures.

Fifth segment, Jake seems to be with the tribe based on his clothing and painting on his body which means he was accepted into the tribe, he is on a cliff preparing to tame a flying creature, he succeeds and is forced to fly the bird because it seems that when you tame the bird creature, its like being reborn and needs to fly to force it to instinctively remember to fly, kind of like a reborn 20 year old man forced to walk before it forgets and acts like new baby that has yet to know how to crawl.

Final segment, is like the trailer of Avatar but more bonus footage. Trust me that the picture quality is awesome and the 3D is even better. Must see movie!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
yep nice to see a big money maker actually doing new, Though he and Lucas ARE guilty of crucifying old themes and characters from their 'franchises'
Worthington the lead is also my fav actor, i cant wait for this

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
s and f

Sorry db, I didn't see that your had already started this thread.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The trailer looks awesome and cannot wait to see this movie however, I keep hearing things like 'This will be movie making history' and 'This will change the way movies are made'. Can someone enlighten me on these statements? It looks great but I didn't see anything that revolutionary in it.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I could be very wrong here, but to me it just looks like LOTR mixed with Halo.
I'll need to see more stuff to feel any excitment for this.

new topics

top topics

join