It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cool triangle shaped...something caught on nightvision

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolMemberOfATS

After watching the video a few more times, it appears that the rear "point" of the triangle actually over takes the other two, through the center.

And as I stated earlier as well, about appearances changing because of view...it seems to happen before the appeared banking...But I'm looking at the birds as well as a very plausible explanation.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen

I guess I don't know a lot about shooting night videos....the objects seemed to be pretty bright?

This is a video of birds (they sound like seagulls) filmed in night vision, and they are quite bright. The footage is a little messy, but at least there is no doubt that the flying object are birds, and not alien space ships.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Think of a football stadium and then your in the picture otherwise everything else is man made...

Football stadium length and width at a minimum...got it ?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I kind of looks like birds, but it can be a UFO.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Acidtastic

The objects in the video change position relative to each other
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c7202ae1ad8e.png[/atsimg]

and you can see the flapping of wings.

It's called perspective. When something changes its position relative to the observer, it can look like a different shape. I'm sure you know this, and are just being pernickety. But any fule can see that these aren't birds, and there is no flapping that I can see.

Your debunking skills need a little brushing up, old bean.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage, you're often at odds with my opinion, but I think you may be right with this one.

What the anti-bird posters don't seem to understand is that birds at low altitude can cross a great distance of the field of vision, thereby appearing to be something extraordinarily fast at altitude. White feathered birds when illuminated from below (by city lights) will stand out like dogs b@lls on night vision. Lastly, because the "lights" change relative position; I agree that they're birds we're looking at.

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Two things that exclude an airplane:

1- Sound. Only a military craft would fly so low, so fast and do that kind of turns, but a military craft would make a lot of noise in that altitude and distance.

2- Nav lights. They usally blink (not all the times though), but even if they were not blinking, military crafts now (most of them) have reflective stripes on the wings and body that could be easly spotted.

I'm not saying that it's birds or that it isn't something amazing. I just think it's not an airplane.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

I agree with your noise argument, but your nav-lights claim is flimsy. There are all sorts of other lights used on aircraft, including electroluminescent ("slime") lights, especially for nvg. Not to mention bog-standard red and green nav lights (one per left and right side of acft), with a white light at the rear.

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I don't buy at all that's it's any kind of plane, assuming the photographer didn't hear anything. Birds? Could be, but they're really hauling ass if they are. Good one.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck.......c'mon people stop wasting everyone's time like this. videos like this are exactly what has turned me off to any serious UFO investigating. or was it the peyote?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck.......c'mon people stop wasting everyone's time like this. videos like this are exactly what has turned me off to any serious UFO investigating. or was it the peyote?

Until you have seen what is known as a Triangle then you may just look at that video in a different light.

All the people claiming its birds do in fact post Bird videos

They look nothing like the original post

Anyway a 50/50 hit of people that saw it for what it is is not too bad

Now if someone could get some footage of these craft in "almost hover mode" then that would be cool

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I've looked at quite a number of similar videos lately.

I believe the video shows birds.

You really have to spend some time looking at a few videos of birds videoed at night in this manner, in order to become accustomed to what they look like.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Phage is right, even if it looks like the birds are flying fast, the last pictures posted here clearly show that the 3 dots are separate and not one single structure and we can see the wings flapping, it might be some ducks, they usually fly by 2 or 3 here(south of Belgium).

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufopunx
Phage is right, even if it looks like the birds are flying fast, the last pictures posted here clearly show that the 3 dots are separate and not one single structure and we can see the wings flapping, it might be some ducks, they usually fly by 2 or 3 here(south of Belgium).

Did you COMPARE the video phage posted to what the OP posted ?

Totally different and have you done any research into what Gen3/4 night vision detects?

SO when I take a research mission to some desert areas next year you will claim they are birds along with all the merry twits ? I cannot wait

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
It does seem like birds, yes. You can see motion on each object (flapping wings), and they do move independently of each other.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
It does seem like birds, yes. You can see motion on each object (flapping wings), and they do move independently of each other.

Have you done any other research into this matter ?

Why not use this very thread to tell the difference ?

The OP video looks nothing at all like the Bird Videos which you all come to defend in leagues of ignorance

Birds ????

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Somamech

Originally posted by fleabit

Have you done any other research into this matter ?

Why not use this very thread to tell the difference ?

The OP video looks nothing at all like the Bird Videos which you all come to defend in leagues of ignorance

Birds ????

G'day Somamech

During the past months there have been several threads with birds videoed via night-vision equipment.

I've spent quite a while looking at those videos & the related commentary.

Based on that, I really do think the op's video shows birds.

I conclude this because:

The distance / relationship between the objects changes - not perspective IMHO.....

The perceived speed is about right.....

I believe I can see flapping....

The grouping & general appearance are extremely similar to the many other night-vision "bird" videos I have viewed in detail.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I agree their birds too.. at first the three "heat" signatures appear to be in tandem and as a solid structure. And they show that quite nicely.

The reason I concluded their birds, is due to "a" star that is within all three "heat" signatures. This is shown at around 1 sec of the video.

And yes.. birds do and can fly in these types of stable formations.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Yep Birds are very active at night.

If you are lucky enough to be woken up By Birds then you know they roost at night

Here's a dedicated bird watching site :

www.wild-bird-watching.com...

Where Do Birds Sleep?

Ever wonder where birds sleep? Especially on cold winter nights? Most beginning birdwatchers ask this question. Birds have various places and techniques to stay warm through a cold winter night. Read on to learn more. Two winters ago member Glenn Geyer found two dead bluebirds inside one of his 15 nestboxes in Union, Missouri. Assuming they had frozen to death, he took the boxes down for the rest of the winter to prevent future mishaps. birdfeeding.org turned to wildlife biologist Scott Shalaway to find out how birds stay warm at night. A general answer is that birds sleep anywhere they safely can stay warm. Some ducks sleep in icy water. Bobwhite sleep on the ground. Crows and turkeys roost in trees. Screech-owls and many other cavity-nesters sleep in their favorite cavities and nestboxes. Wherever a bird sleeps, its first line of defense against cold is its feathers. Feathers repel water and efficiently insulate warm bodies from the much colder air. Each feather is controlled by a group of small muscles that can raise and lower it. By fluffing their feathers, birds create many tiny air spaces that drastically reduce heat loss (the same principle that makes down jackets so warm in winter). On extremely cold nights, birds reduce heat loss further by burying naked body parts into their feathers. This is why birds tuck their bills into their shoulder feathers and why many water birds often sleep with one leg held tightly up against the body. Birds also have an amazing network of blood vessels in their feet and legs that minimizes heat loss. Sleeping quarters also protect birds from the elements. Song birds such as cardinals, blue jays and finches retire to dense thickets of vegetation. Take a walk at dusk through such habitat and you'll be amazed at the commotion as birds settle in for the night. Tangles of briars, grape vines and brambles protect birds from all but the hardest driving rains. Even greater protection is found in evergreen refuges such as conifers and ivy-covered walls. This is a good ecological reason for every bird-friendly backyard to include some evergreens. Woodpeckers, wrens, titmice and nuthatches sleep in cavities much like the ones in which they nest. In the Rocky Mountains, pygmy nuthatches sometimes roost by the dozens in large tree cavities. Roosting cavities cannot guarantee survival, however. Sometimes it just gets too cold, and birds freeze. And sometimes birds at the bottom of the heap suffocate. About 18 years ago I found four dead bluebirds in a nest box after one particularly frigid Oklahoma cold snap. Other avian sleeping arrangements are a bit more unusual. Bobwhite sleep in a tight circle on the ground, all heads facing outward. The contact enables them to conserve precious body heat, and the outward orientation allows wary eyes to detect danger in all directions. And when there's lots of snow cover, ruffed grouse sometimes bury themselves in snowdrifts, where the snow itself insulates them from plummeting outside air temperatures. Despite their relatively small size and lack of large amounts of body fat, birds use peculiarities of anatomy, physiology and behavior to make it through the coldest winter nights.

Yep living in Melbourne I know Bats very well. We've got a population of grey haired flying foxes here that at times hit the 1k to the power of 30

And I know what a almost hovering triangle looks like... Pretty lucky now I think about

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Lets compare the "opening post" to the Bird Argument which PHAGE introduced:

Opening post video:

Phage posted this in reply and Claimed "birds"

I will leave it to Phage to explain the similarities which don't exist

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join