It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cool triangle shaped...something caught on nightvision

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I like watching this guys stuff, he mostly tracks satellites and such and uploads for people to see..he assumes most are satellites and puts it in his description, but he did capture something that confused him.

easier to figure what its not than what it is...wonder how fast that suckers going also

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I was going to say that this is the NOSS satellites but it's going far too quick and the three lights change their shape and distance to one another.
Could be the triangular unmanned prototype aircraft that has been under development at Warton BAE since the early 1990s or the American Aurora spy plane!
Thanks for posting this very interesting vid.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
First I thought fighter jet or jets, but it really is going a little to fast isn't it?
Perhaps the video is sped up?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
It looks like birds to me.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It's obviously a UFO...it's (at least one) Object, it's Flying, and (so far) it's Unidentified. *grin*

As to speed and size, we're going to have a hard time getting a solid idea on either one without some other information. If you know the speed, you can guess the altitude, and the size. If you know the size, you can guess the altitude and the speed. If you know the altitude, you can make a wild guess at size and speed. Since we don't have a good value for any of the three, we can't nail down any of that information. It could be birds at low altitude, a formation of planes at high altitude, or the E-T version of the Blue Angels practicing in orbit.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Could just be a fighter jet, the lights look like they are morphing when it banks or climbs. As for the speed...

In 1968, according to the Guinness Book of World Records, a record airspeed of 2,070.102 mph (925 m/s) was achieved by a Lockheed YF-12A.

Source

Rifle bullets (varying calibers) travel from 400-3300 mph.

Source

So in 1968 we had a plane that was as fast as some bullets. That would look awesome, ripping across the sky. It would also look pretty mysterious.

Still a wicked video.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Look at them !

Each one is making a flapping motion that's due to them being some sort of bird.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
it totally behaves like swampgas!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes what you posted was birds

Your video could have been bats though.. did you ever think of that ?

Totally different flying creatures.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
It looks like birds to me.

Are you being serious? Birds? Really?

Yes, in the video you've posted, they are birds. But if you watch a flock in formation, you can see that they don't hold the position. They're swaying here and there, roughly in formation. These lights are obviously attached to something flying, something solid. Not birds. Never in a million years. Unless birds evolve to be things with 3 lights on each corner

[edit on 20/8/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Hi There Wise Ones,

Bats, Birds, please.

It is clealy one object, going past, and banking to it's left and flying away.

Was not speeded up as the guy do not sound like a chipmonk.

It is an air craft, of what we do not know.

We call this one a UFO. or Swamp gas....

Blesssed Be: Kernoonos.....

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kernoonos
Hi There Wise Ones,

Bats, Birds, please.

Its good footage

and like you said its not Birds or Bats

That was the point of the 'darkish' humour in this thread

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
it could be birds...but of all the birds at night videos I seen, they dont look anything like this.

I cant tell if they are losing formation, making it 3 objects, or 1 object that is turning or simply point of view changing that looks like a change of shape...hard to tell.

I think its probably a delta shaped craft of some sort (ours or others is a different convo), or I mean...it could be birds, but I guess I am just not seeing it. its certainly not satellites, a regular airplane, or erm...weather balloons filled with swamp gas reflecting the lights of japanese lanterns on venus.

meh...UFO until someone identifies it.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

The objects in the video change position relative to each other

and you can see the flapping of wings.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Also COULD be perception of a "banking" object. The lights of a banking airplane also "appear" to shift, relative to each other, especially at night as depth of field is impossible to gauge.

But admittedly, it could be a formation of birds banking as well. That's pretty likely.

I'll agree to those things, before little green men taking their "ride" for a spin. haha.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Demoncreeper]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Wing Flapping?

You could fly better with that overcoat to represent wings

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Someone told me the other day that I shouldn't respond 'emotionally' to a thread. goooosfrabba.

BIRDS?!?!? (oops) Those have to be the fastest birds I have ever seen.

Can there be no magic left in the world? Please be a spaceship, please be a spaceship, please be a....DOH!

But seriously, I realize they may be pretty low, thus the appearance of excessive 'bird' speed, but don't the lights seem to be moving really fast for birds?

I guess I don't know a lot about shooting night videos....the objects seemed to be pretty bright? Would a bird reflect IR so brightly?

Given typical bird height and the stars present, could someone calculate a rough estimate of the speed?

Would the birds also stop glowing from the IR once they got out of the effective range of that light source?

Edit cuz I'm a dork

[edit on 20-8-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Not necessarily that fast if they are close to the ground...a bug flying in front of the camera lens can seem like its near the speed of light, so it really depends on how high the thing (or things) are.

I am not discluding it as birds, I just dont see it as definitive...I dont see flapping, but that could just be in my blind spot. I have looked at this video plenty of times and guess I am just either not seeing what your seeing P or your seeing something thats not there.

I dont deny a very normal and reasonable explanation, just wanting to see the proof so to speak.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I'm usually with you Phage, but I don't agree with you this time.

I'm not saying it's anything "otherworldly", either -- or necessarily even secret military. It could easily be a non-secret plane (perhaps military) flying relatively low, hence the apparent great speed.

The triangle shape could be lights on the wingtips and a light near the nose. Remember -- we are not necessarily seeing a triangle shaped craft...all we can see are three bright spots in a triangle-shaped formation.

As for those who said it "morphed"...I think the apparent change in shape is just due to the the changing point of view of the camera as the craft moves away. For example, as a car passes by me, I see the whole side of the car; but as it drives away, I can only see the back.

I suppose it could be birds, however the movement didn't seem as "organic" (for lack of a better term) as was the case in your video example.

[edit on 8/20/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kernoonos
Hi There Wise Ones,

Bats, Birds, please.

If you take a closer look on 1 second of the video, you will see clear that star is between formation.

So its definitely not solid object. Btw I dont think its birds either

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join