It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Draft of possible "Bank Holidays" memo leaked.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I received an email the other day. Here it is. If this is true there is a possible bank holiday coming.

Despite what the media is saying, our economy is not getting better. In fact it is getting worse. Just search for the hard numbers instead of following Wall Street.

DRAFTS OF LETTERS LEAKED -EXECUTIVE ORDERS?

Last week 2 letters in draft format allegedly from a large Midwestern Bank with branches in several states were made available to the Q-files by an alleged Executive level employee of that Bank. Their contents, which were to be offered for correction and suggestions to be returned no later than 8/21/09, contained the statement that they had been prepared at the behest of the Federal Reserve and that an Executive Order (though # not stated) was specifically going to be cited in the finished product that would go to all Bank account holders and employees sometime after that 8/21/09 though no exact date was listed. The content of these two letters was :

1. All account access was to be limited by the Bank and that any withdrawls, checks, debit cards, or access of credit lines, and IRA's could total no more than $500.00 per one or a combination of accounts every 7 business days until these limitations were lifted by Federal Authorities.

2. All lock boxes were to be sealed and access to contents disallowed by regulations imposed by Executive Order, the IRS, FDIC, and the Federal Reserve Bank until further notice.

These type restrictions have been seen before during Bank Holidays of the 1930's where contents of lock boxes (particularly gold and cash) were in fact confiscated and also in more recent IMF/WORLD BANK imposed scenarios in South American countries such as Argentina and Brazil in the early 2000's, 90's, and 80's.

The implications for the American people here are ominous once again. When one looks at a potential limit on withdrawls of only $2000 per 28 business days .......and then calculates that many households budgets are much greater than that especially if the Mortgage Payment is included,

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I can't believe this is real. Given the potential impact of a bank holiday in this country and its repercussions there is NO way the administration would circulate such a document for input and comments. No way. It would de drafted entirely between Treasury and the WH.

I call HOAX.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I have a hard time believing this will happen. I call [HOAX]

I hope I'm not going to regret thinking this way. A bank holiday? If this takes place, imagine the chaos, and utter destruction of our economy.
What if people couldn't get their money out?
What if business slowed so much, that they shut down after a week?
The run on grocery shelves would be empty in a few hours.

This might be one of the many SHTF scenarios.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by havok]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Without further sources to back this up, I agree.

Hoax. Sad one at that. There should be a way to confirm this through the grapevine, so hopefully some bank employees will contribute to help clear this up.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Please note that I am not calling this the genuine truth. It is in the title that it is a possible memo.

Also dont throw it to the HOAX bin right off the bat, it is just a memo...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I read this on the Godlikeproductions.com conspiracy website.

Not sure I would trust a lot of the information coming from there. I'm not saying is a hoax 100% either.

Tentickles did you receive this from someone who works in banking or from another reliable source? (I'm not attacking you or anything so please don't think that, just asking)

[edit on 20-8-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

Questioningall sends me a ton of emails and I subscribe to her blog. I trust her impeccably.

Though, like you I also doubt the validity of the memo, I felt it necessary to post this on ATS to see if anyone might have seen it or heard of it else where.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles

The implications for the American people here are ominous once again. When one looks at a potential limit on withdrawls of only $2000 per 28 business days .......and then calculates that many households budgets are much greater than that especially if the Mortgage Payment is included,

You said it right here. Currency is the oxygen supply for our society.

A "holiday" such as this is, in effect, the banks stopping the United States oxygen supply.

It would spell a complete and total halt to everything. It would be tantamount to Martial Law. This is primarily why I suggest this won't happen; the two are inextricably linked.

It's like the Illuminati's / Republican's alternative to Martial Law - and they aren't going to get either.

Someone sure likes threatening it a lot...Oh well...

Hypethetically, if we were to allow these insidious fools their day in the sun (which we aren't) there are a couple of questions that immediately arise: How long would the oxygen be cut off and, further, How much damage would be caused by this prolonged suffocation?

The fact of the matter is, all of these "insiders" with apocalyptic messages are either bogus, or they are plants.

Perhaps Joe Moshe was a sincere whistleblower, and perhaps he was a clever plant.

They had their chance and blew it. Now we get to watch what amounts to a temper tantrum. Guess what, it's even harder to effect these things OUT of office than it was occupying that office.

The disinfo is getting really thick these days. And the method of delivery is shifting as the public grows in awareness.

I've said this before, but these alarming so called "leaks" offer about as much promise and follow through as the messages from St. Germain that the ships are about to land.

Everyone's sick of hearing about both. Even the alarmists are apathetic - and they do that for a living(!).

Seriously, how many years of such revelations before we learn?

Just another day on planet bizarre.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by atswheat]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
When I first read about this "bank holiday" my first reaction was it will never happen and how it could be very bad for the economy. I bet this is what they were thinking when FDR declared a bank holiday back in the 1930's. At the "Seeking Alpha" website, reporter Chris Martenson has a two part article that explains why the FDIC is FLAT BROKE due to more bank failures than were originally expected. George Ure, on the Urban Survival website, is estimating that true "deflation" is really around 28% and if you go the the shadow government statistics website, they state that unemployment is actually around 20%. But, if you listen to CNBC they announced just a few days ago that the recession is over. I do not know about anyone else, but to me it looks like we are heading for a nose dive down worse that the great depression.
I heard that COMMUNIST China, where the government controls all of the banks, actually purchased long term treasuries recently...does this mean they are trying to support the dollar so it does not crash?
They may not declare a bank holiday this month or even next month, but I think this could be a possibility in the not so distant future in order to nationalize all of the banks.
If they close the banks, and this is just my own opinion, I think it will be to nationalize the banks. Hopefully, when people hear about bank holiday rumors, everyone will not run to the bank and pull out all of their money, or we will have the 1930s all over again.
Remember, we could still have more bubbles....derivatives, gold (maybe), commercial real estate, etc.
Of course, in the USA, nationalizing the banks goes against the US Constitution, so they will have to close the banks (to terrorize us/take away our oxygen supply) until the American people let them ammend the constituion and that will allow nationalization. This will all be possible because the Fed chairman and congress have removed the safeguards put in place that separate commercial from investment banking.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by icenine]

[edit on 20-8-2009 by icenine]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion
reply to post by Tentickles

What kind of drug have you taken recently?

I assume Gerald Celente been taking some

So you are suggesting that this is "impossible" and that it simply cannot happen?

I'm sure others in various nations also believed this.

How much of what has occurred over the last twelve months did you see coming? If someone had told you two years ago the California would be bankrupt, that your government would throw trillions of your $ at banks and confirm no guarantees, that such money wouldn't even be monitored and such information wouldn't be released to the tax payer, would you have simply said it was impossible?

While I see little reason to think this memo is genuine, the scenario is completely possible.

To disregard the mere possibility as rubbish displays a complete naivety, and shows exactly why America is in the state it is in right now.

Your country (and ours) moved to such a point where it thought it was beyond this kind of catastrophe. Through arrogance and reckless actions all of this has happened, it's not a pretend situation, it is real.

Somehow, the UK and the US believes that they are somehow miraculously different and that economic rules just don't apply to them. Well, guess what? They do!
Anything that happens in any other country, war, financial collapse, terrorist incidents... CAN happen in our countries too.

Personally, I think it is entirely possible. But if it does happen, I don't think this should be held up as a sign that someone was right or that this memo was genuine. I don't believe such a communication would be sent within an organisation "to check for spelling"

This would be on a very "need to know" basis, and probably wouldn't go beyond the extreme top of any financial organisation.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
A quick google search come up withh it being posted on Steve Quails Blog?
Steve Quayle

It is also showing up on Alex Jones myspace Alex Jones

Scary stuff if there is any truth to it....

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
My bank started running a "new" policy of holding ALL deposits for 3 days earlier this month. This has never been done before in over 12 years of banking with them. If I deposit any funds they WILL NOT allow access to it period for 3 days.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
And from the Q-Files...come on.

2000$ per month is not enough for a lot of people... I'm a student and I live in a crappy apartment... and I need at least 1000$/month and september it's worse because of school, you add 1200$, also car registration, +250$ ... so every september, I need over 2500$...

Can you imagine someone with a big house, a big car, and a family?

The only way this is possible is if all payments in all business, including mortages and groceries, are suspended/reported to after the bank holiday.

Grocery stores and gas stations would only take cash. All others things would be suspended. Otherwise... look out.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I'm curious about the $2000 limit being discussed. The way I read it was that people would not be able to "take out" more than $2000 a month, ie, no ATM or teller withdrawals. It didn't say it was a "monthly transactional limit" of $2000.

I mean, really, how many people have auto-pay on their bills? I imagine it's a huge number, so how are they banks going to manage that?!? Your credit card payment is held, your payment becomes late and then you're charged the late fee and your interest rate get jacked? Can you imagine the fecal storm that would create?

It sounds like this is being phrased / setup as a way to limit the hard currency withdrawal aspect.

Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
As sophomoric as this administration has handled some issues, I would hope that they would see the danger in a bank holiday.

Think people are up in arms about Healthcare?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
What kind of drug have you taken recently?
I assume Gerald Celente been taking some

So you are suggesting that this is "impossible" and that it simply cannot happen?

I'm not saying the idea is ludicrous, or impossible. I just said it's not going to happen. This is in my estimation only, clearly.

I know it has happened before, although I don't know enough about the history of it. I also don't have the expertise, or access to accurate public (or private) data / evidence to make a statement - solely based on that data - as to whether or not it is likely to occur again.

Frankly, I’m sure the intelligentsia and wealthy have a sense that we are on the verge of it right now. And I can't blame them for that.

I don't have any data to back up my assertion that it just won't happen. I know that will ruffle the feathers of many, and appear a total affront.

If you want to argue the likelihood of this based on all of the information, which includes potentially dubious, or inaccurate information, then we can do so. In fact, if we take every statement and piece of evidence at face value, then we are all going to perish.

Even speaking outside of my own inflated self-righteousness, and attempting to take available data at face value, reason and experience would necessarily intervene and show us that the reality is somewhere between these apocalyptic and, conversely, Pollyannish viewpoints.

It's already been stated that the systems are correcting themselves. There was an interesting article (shrinkalink.com...) that David Wilcock wrote that also may be applicable here.

We can, in fact, see less and less of the doomsaying, and even have comments from the Chairman of the Federal Reserve reflecting an overall recovery.

Of course there are those who would suggest we're being snowed, and that's fine. That would, of course, be the wise thing for this administration to do, right - pretend everything is fine, promote a false sense of security, and then spring, in essence, Martial Law on the country?

Does that really seem like a levelheaded and reasoned way to acclimate the public to a possibly massive shift as is indicated in that memo?

Does that seem timely, given recent statements that things are turning around? Not to me.

The idea of a bank holiday, based on indicators (i.e., public statements from those in the highest levels in office in this country) in the mainstream media, is simply passé.

At this point, with a correction clearly occurring, the only reason a bank holiday as such would be declared is if it were an Illuminati / Republican faction-backed financial hijacking tantamount to Martial Law.

It is based partly on this distinction that I just do not see that happening, because the power has shifted.

I also understand that these "threats" have amounted to nothing more over the years.

What is the purpose of arguing and debating over the likelihood, or lack of likelihood of this occurring?

I am just stating my position, but understand God works in his own mysterious ways.

I only suggest that it won't happen based on my own reasoning. I'm also saying without equivocation that the document in question is just as dubious as many other ostensibly "credible" documents that have magically appeared of late.

Other than that, I guess I don't really present much of a sound argument. I'm operating on a presumption that I my data / perspective trumps anyone else's, but I am not so closed-minded as to accept that I could be wrong.

I am of the belief that the harder one argues, the more reason one feels they have a position needing defending.

In my own case, I share my position and let it speak for itself. If my observations are incorrect, then they will become corrected quite on their own; without my help.

And that is all one can hope for.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Tennessee banks have figured out how to close without a banking holiday...

ATS Thread here

Might be a cover up, might not.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I call hoax on this. I cannot fathom the actual purpose of a bank holiday. The 1930s holiday was instituted to stop the run on the banks - people were withdrawing money en mass due to panic and hysteria that if they didn't withdraw it immediately, they would lose it due to bank insolvency. Clearly, this is not a present issue. As a result, there would be no economic benefit to declaring a bank holiday.

Assuming more nefarious reasons; ie: to destroy the US economy, TPTB run the risk of starting a full on revolution. Whereas I agreee with many that our politicians are stupid, short-sighted and generally clueless I have some sense of awareness that they understand at least that much!

Finally, assuming the worst case scenario, they most certainly would not be sending draft announcements around to the banks. This would be drafted between the WH, Treasury and Fed - And specific Congressional Committees would have to be in on this for it to fly.

Nope. logic dictates that if this were real it would be a.) done secretly, b.) done swiftly without notice and c.) would be in response to some crisis that said holiday would seek to alleviate.

new topics

top topics

join