It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Governments Biggest $Money$ Maker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Municipal Courts

Speeding ticket - $150 (minimum)

Bench Warrant fine- $70

Would you like to know why the government will not crack down on alcoholics?

DUI- $1500 (minimum)

No insurance- $350

Parking ticket $20

and the list goes on and on...

Think this is not a scam? Think the state doesnt make money off you? Think your offense doesnt bring in big bucks...?

Try this on for size...

I calculated, in about 1 1/2 hours, the 80 plus people that were called before me the last time I went to the municipal court for a ticket I recieved. The court had just made nearly $25,000. Yep.. thats right peeps. 25 grand... for some tickets...
from one court only dealing with tickets...citations...in less than 2 hours...There are 3 other court rooms in this particular courthouse out of the 5 (?) or so in Vegas...The ticket coud be legitimate or the cop could be in a bad mood and not like you that day. Oh ya, it happens...Better be watchin your Ps & Qs!

I immediately thought to myself..Jesus H...I am in the wrong fricken business...

Lets not even get into the the judicial courts...the state courts...the over the phone payments and all the other little fees they get you with...Its unfathomable once you take into consideration all the fines the these people conjure up and enforce.

The sad part is at least half of the people that showed up either got their fine reduced or almost halved and the total still came out to almost 25,000. The tickets I posted above were the common infractions.

They were trying to get $350 + $250 from the dmv. If I had not had the proof that the ticket was the mistake of the dmv I would have paid $400 for the insurance, $250 to the dmv and $350 to the courts due to their mess up for a grand total of $1000...for nothing...

Lets not forget the money I lost not being able to work, the time I had to spend fighting it and the multiple trips to the DMV and court sorting it all out...

If that doesnt not sound like a scam to you, then what does?

[edit on 20-8-2009 by open_eyeballs]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

Well. Apparently, crime DOES pay, just not the way its made out to.

I got a speeding ticket (the only one in my 30 year driving career) in a school zone. The school zone light wasn't flashing on a main thoroughfare that I had traveled for three years. So I got a 40 mph in a 20 ticket. Had to go to criminal traffic court and face up to a year in prison and up to 10,000 fine.

I got off easily with a $65.00 ticket plus court costs. So, yeah. Crime does pay.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Ya, that one is big around here as well...

Crime does pay..You got that right! The state...millions..

I was trying to find some statistics on how much the municipal courts make, but with no avail..

I suck at the whole research thing....Maybe someone could give it a whirl?

A total for how much your cities courts make in a year..

If someone could find it in Vegas, that would be interesting to see...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

the biggest money maker IS money ... www.abovetopsecret.com...

==]

top topics

join