It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lockerbie bomber returns to Libya

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
the british and american governments have taken many thousands more lives than the Libyan did.

They will never go to prison or suffer in any way. This guy spent over 20yrs in jail and is going to be dead in a few months of cancer.

Lock up the real war criminals who get away with it in broad daylight every day.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
What I find interesting about this case is how polarised the reaction has been, if you get the opportunity to read the comments in the 'Have your say' section on the bbc news site it's quite alarming how poorly educated and blinkered some people are.. the most passionate responses have been unsurprisingly from American citizens, English looking to stir up the jocks and of course the Scots themselves. Other countries such as Australia, Canada and mixed Europeans all seem to have a much more level headed and educated response which speaks volumes to me.

The way in which the media has whipped up outrage is quite something to watch, it quickly demonstrates the narrow field of vision and lack of desire for truth from the general populace and how simply emotions can be manipulated by the msm.

I don't doubt for a second that the various governments behind the scenes had this well discussed prior to this happening and the various political posturing that's going on on both sides of the pond at the moment is beneficial to the various parties own means as well as super gluing a gag over the truth. That is the real tragedy of this whole affair, the families have lost twice - their loved ones and the right for truth.

I think the moral outrage is misplaced American and British history is littered with hideous acts of inhumanity that is buried and lied about. The energies and anger that is being displayed would be better channeled into some time in the library.

My twa bawbies

B

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
The problem is NOT some guy called Abdelbaset Ali al-Megrahi. No no.
The REAL problem is that some allegedly free country signed an agreement with some bastard country, PERIOD. UK needed some first and last name in order to fill - in their modules but the truth is that Lybia killed the people onboard Pan Am 103, 259 onboard + 11 on the ground. This is the truth, the technical, historical whatever you want truth.
Like it or not, does not matter. An officer of your intelligence means YOU in international language, the will of the intelligence means the will of some government. Lybia killed those people, even according to Gheddafi himself. And now that guy will be welcomed like some super-hero.
Well this is one of those rare situations in which i do understand why death penalty still exists in countries like united states.

[edit on 21/8/2009 by internos]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Bushido Kanji

Sorry I don't understand your reasoning there.. a murderer does not deserve any compassion or to be allowed to live out his remaining days just because he has a terminal illness.

He forfeited any compassion or rights by blowing up several hundred innocent people

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Here is the link to a site by Dr Jim Swire's, who lost a daughter in the tragedy, an educated man who has campaigned tirelessly for the truth for the passed 20 years.

www.lockerbietruth.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Please have a read

B

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsallCrazy

Sorry I don't understand your reasoning there.. a murderer does not deserve any compassion or to be allowed to live out his remaining days just because he has a terminal illness.

He forfeited any compassion or rights by blowing up several hundred innocent people

What makes you believe he was guilty of anything? Because the newspapers told you so...because there was a trial and he was found guilty? Because your government told you so? Delve a little deeper and see how complicit both governments were in hiding the truth and setting up someone as guilty...just as they often do to appease the screaming masses...lol We, the people, will never know the truth...it is all so bound up in the shady world of the powerful and evil that we will never know the extent of, and rightly so as the world would seem such a dark place if we really knew their evil and corrupt machinations. So just keep baying for blood because you will be happier in your innocence and ignorance of what really goes on and what your own governments do.
Yes, he should have been released and it's a shame it took so long that he has only weeks to live.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
This is a slap in the face for the families of those people this guy helped murder. British justice, don't make me laugh.

Perhaps this will at least start to make people in the US understand what the UK has turned into.

Although I personally condemn the release of this man, I think you need correcting chap. I know you just love to have a go at Brits when you can, but this was the Scottish Government doing it by themselves, not the UK Government or the English, Welsh or Irish.

The Scots probably did it deliberately to piss of the UK Government and make the UK look bad as a whole and by proxy, the English, who the SNP love to hate.

This has nothing to do with the rest (and bulk) of the UK, so kindly step of your anti-UK box and aim your crap at those who actually deserve it.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I think this could have been resolved better, maybe with a compromise like, he should be aloud home to house arrest or even to a prison in lybia. however also would not agree with him staying in britain. why should the british tax payer pay to keep this man alive, using the NHS, in a prison cell adding to our already overcrowded prisons. If the Americans and other countrys want to keep him here why didnt they offer to foot the bill?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

I believe he should not have been let out on campassionate grounds!! Did he/they show any compassion towards those they kill? Answer is NO! Indeed do any terrorists show compassion when they blow themselves up or things up? The answer remains NO!

So, i don't think i would have set him free........ the families of those murdered are probably not too happy that he is released on compassionate grounds either!!!! Maybe, like the guy said above me he should have been locked up over in Libya!

The respnse when he landed in Libya was one of distaste as the people were cheering as if he was some hero!

Frankly these murderers (coz that's what they are) should be left to rot inside...... i know that if my wife, daughter, son or other family member were to die from some sicko suicide bomber i'd want the people responsible to rot in prison or be executed.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Originally posted by Solomons
Someone should get themythlives to do a little case on this for everyone....I don't think megrahi played an important role if any.So,yes he should be released.

Someone rang?..lol.. Alright, I might be able to squeeze this one in. Give me a few hours. It will be a case review, unless evidence starts spewing from somewhere.

Thanks for the thought, I will come back here and post the link when finsihed.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumasonAlthough I personally condemn the release of this man, I think you need correcting chap. I know you just love to have a go at Brits when you can, but this was the Scottish Government doing it by themselves, not the UK Government or the English, Welsh or Irish.

The Scots probably did it deliberately to piss of the UK Government and make the UK look bad as a whole and by proxy, the English, who the SNP love to hate.

This has nothing to do with the rest (and bulk) of the UK, so kindly step of your anti-UK box and aim your crap at those who actually deserve it.

But the UK gives me SO much material to work with, I mean you're the national equivalent of our former president, except that most of you recognize your failings, where he never did.

You make a nice attempt at hiding behind the Scots, but no one is going to buy that, it's like us blaming Hawaii and proclaiming it "not really the USA" - like it or not, you're all tarred with the evil of this particular brush.

I don't believe you did this to deliberately offend the US or the families of those murdered, I think you would be equally weak with any nationality, you just don't believe in punishment any more, your prison sentences prove that.

In spite of you eternally playing a straight bat to criticisms of the UK, don't you ever sit back in private and wonder what the hell happened to your country, and how you ended up in the state you're in. Surely even you Stu, have to admit that the UK fell down the rabbit hole at some point in the last 20 years.

I give you credit for posting in this thread though, the noted absence of our UK "friends" speaks more than mere words ever could.

Watching the video of that murdering scum coming home to a hero's welcome was more than I could bear though.

You people have a lot to answer for.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Retseh]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

I guess your opinion on the whole scenario is formed from whether or not you think he did it or had anything to do with it...I know that many of the uk families don't think he did and were happy that he was released.Can't recall them saying he was murdering scum.And stumason,thats out and out tripe...im sure the decision had nothing to do with the english or even came up when making it,stop thinking so highly of yourself.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

I'm working from the basis that he was found guilty, both at his original trial and at the appeal.

With one third of the UK population now believing that the US faked the Moon landings, how can you take any opinion from the population of that jaded bastion of insanity seriously?

Public opinion of the US in general is now largely negative in the UK. Seemingly glued to the television for 20 hours a day, the average Brit is deluged with anti-US stereotypes courtesy of those self-confessed USA haters the BBC, and it's taken root in their mentality, this decision is just another facet of that mood swing.

Just take a look at some of the British responses to this incident in other threads, they are PROUD of it, even mocking the US in the process.

Understand what we are dealing with here, this is not the England of our father's time, this is something very different, and very nasty.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Yeah, lots of folk are using this for anti-scottish sentiment just like you stu. Truth is, if this was up to the City, we'd still have a man that's most likely innocent in jail. So good on us for standing up as a nation and doing what's right. Shame on us for convicting him in the first place when the evidence and testimonies were questionable.

If this guy was guilty, then he could rot in jail for all i care. But the truth is, there's a lot of doubt surrounding his conviction. Everyone seems to be forgetting that very important point. Can't wait to see what TheMythLives comes up with.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
here you go folks, as promised:

The Lcokerbie Bomber: The Case Reviewed

I was really not familiar with this case, but I had recieved a huge volume to do it and get it done. So I did my best
I hope you all enjoy it and add what you think.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join