It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama using Dephi Technique on the Masses?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
First I would like to thank fellow ATSer ZindoDoone for bringing the Delphi Technique to my attention.

A brief explanation of what the Delphi Technique is:

The Delphi Technique was originally conceived as a way to obtain the opinion of experts without necessarily bringing them together face to face. In recent times, however, it has taken on an all new meaning and purpose. In Educating for the New World Order by B. Eakman, the reader finds reference upon reference for the need to preserve the illusion that there is "…lay, or community, participation (in the decision-making process), while lay citizens were, in fact, being squeezed out."

If measurable opposition persists, advocates are told, get the local ministers on board. They are rapidly creating, through their divisive tactics, a volatile situation. America is being torn apart.

The Delphi Technique, What is it?
How to disrupt the Dephi Technique

I read this on Google news this morning:

U.S. President Barack Obama enlisted the “Religious Left” on Wednesday to help galvanise public support for his faltering drive for healthcare reform, using the language of faith as he accused some of the critics of his biggest domestic project of “bearing false witness.

Source

If you read the page provided in the first link about the Delphi Technique what has been going with the health care debate seems almost verbatim of how a facilitator (Obama, Congress) would work the room (US).

The facilitator acts as an organizer - Town hall meetings.

Using the divide and conquer technique the facilitator polarizes the group - Right versus Left.

The facilitator uses spotters during recesses to find the groups that are causing the most resistance - White House asking for email address.

When there is to much opposition get the ministers on board - Obama calling on pastors to get the word out on health care reform.

It seems that we are seeing the Delphi technique practiced on a national level by Obama, Congress, MSM and now organized religion.

What do you think?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
All I know is that whatever, or whoever is using a technique, its proving to be a real problem.

Seems as thought all I see is a difference in opinions between the masses, creating an unequality, and thus making it easier for people to get mad at each other.

Perfect plan if thats what they planned. Cause its working.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

Enough with Obama! The RIGHT lost and guess what? The opposition WON! So yes, they will do all the things you don't like! That is why is called OPPOSITION! Get over it!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by daniel815

Enough with Obama! The RIGHT lost and guess what? The opposition WON! So yes, they will do all the things you don't like! That is why is called OPPOSITION! Get over it!

Enough with Obama? So anyone that opposes his policy's is supposed to just bend over and take it?

Did you even read my post?

I guess you didn't need to since you seem to be a mind-reader. I post something that is negative about your dearly beloved leader I am automatically a bitter conservative right winger that must have voted for McCain and can't stand that Obama is in office.

I'm not right wing, I'm not left wing, I didn't vote for McCain, I didn't vote for Obama.

You know what they say about someone that ASSumes all the time right?

Your feeding into the issue just like they want you to. Petty partisan bickering.

Please address the topic instead of trolling with partisan bickering. I will welcome your comments.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Um, exactly. I just starred your last post!

Couldn't have said it better myself. Very well-behaved, lucentenigma.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucentenigma

Enough with Obama? So anyone that opposes his policy's is supposed to just bend over and take it?

You are not discussing the issues, you're just feeding into yet another Conspiracy Theory. If you want to discuss the issues, present the issue and let's discuss it. You don't have to bend over and take it, you can argue back if you have anything of substance to say. Posts like yours don't add one bit to solving the problems this country faces, but rather they blur it, and imflame the lunatics out there.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

WHAT?

He is the leader of the free world, we should be watching his every move.

Are you serious?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
'God's partners in matters of life and death'
Obama quote,

washingtonjewishweek.com...

Conservative Agudas Achim Congregation in Alexandria, said in an interview after the call ended.

"This was clearly a message that was tailored to us," and not merely a generic stump speech, he added.

No doubt,

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucentenigma

You are not discussing the issues, you're just feeding into yet another Conspiracy Theory. If you want to discuss the issues, present the issue and let's discuss it. You don't have to bend over and take it, you can argue back if you have anything of substance to say. Posts like yours don't add one bit to solving the problems this country faces, but rather they blur it, and imflame the lunatics out there.

Last time I checked we were on a 'Conspiracy' website.

My post asks the question: Are we intentionally being deceived and divided to push an agenda? That is the topic, that is the discussion.

Posts like yours don't add one bit to solving the problems this country faces, but rather they blur it, and imflame the lunatics out there.

Actually it does attempt to solve the problem by raising awareness that we are being divided intentionally. If people can get past the partisan bickering it will be a step towards coming together as a nation.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

A specialized use of this technique was developed for teachers, the "Alinsky Method" (ibid, p.123). The setting or group is, however, immaterial; the point is that people in groups tend to share a certain knowledge base and display certain identifiable characteristics (known as group dynamics). This allows for a special application of a basic technique.

There is no doubt about that, it happens on this forum.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

If people can get past the partisan bickering it will be a step towards coming together as a nation.

I really hope we can because this is a good topic.

People hated Bush, but remember people, we have the same leaders running the show the same congress,

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

A specialized use of this technique was developed for teachers, the "Alinsky Method" (ibid, p.123). The setting or group is, however, immaterial; the point is that people in groups tend to share a certain knowledge base and display certain identifiable characteristics (known as group dynamics). This allows for a special application of a basic technique.

There is no doubt about that, it happens on this forum.

www.learn-usa.com...

Suddenly, the amiable facilitator becomes "devil's advocate." S/He dons his professional agitator hat. Using the "divide and conquer" technique, s/he manipulates one group opinion against the other. This is accomplished by manipulating those who are out of step to appear "ridiculous, unknowledgeable, inarticulate, or dogmatic." S/He wants certain members of the group to become angry, thereby forcing tensions to accelerate. The facilitator is well trained in psychological manipulation. S/He is able to predict the reactions of each group member. Individuals in opposition to the policy or program will be shut out of the group.

Do you see it?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Suddenly, the amiable facilitator becomes "devil's advocate." S/He dons his professional agitator hat. Using the "divide and conquer" technique, s/he manipulates one group opinion against the other. This is accomplished by manipulating those who are out of step to appear "ridiculous, unknowledgeable, inarticulate, or dogmatic." S/He wants certain members of the group to become angry, thereby forcing tensions to accelerate. The facilitator is well trained in psychological manipulation. S/He is able to predict the reactions of each group member. Individuals in opposition to the policy or program will be shut out of the group.

Do you see it?

I know it seems to be exactly what is happening across our country.

Another Snippet:

This technique is a very unethical method of achieving consensus on a controversial topic in group settings. It requires well-trained professionals who deliberately escalate tension among group members, pitting one faction against the other, so as to make one viewpoint appear ridiculous so the other becomes "sensible" whether such is warranted or not.

www.learn-usa.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

>>My post asks the question: Are we intentionally being deceived and >>divided to push an agenda? That is the topic, that is the discussion.

Then re-name your post "Politics 101 for dummies!" - "How politicians use politics to make us vote for them"... and please start with the Greeks, they invented Politics, or "Politikos", which refers to 'things concerning the body politic' or 'the state.'

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Lucent, if I may add this

Always Be Charming. Smile, be pleasant, be courteous, moderate your voice so as not to come across as belligerent or aggressive.

2) Stay Focused. If at all possible, write your question down to help you stay focused. Facilitators, when asked questions they don't want to answer, often digress from the issue raised and try to work the conversation around to where they can make the individual asking the question look foolish, feel foolish, appear belligerent or aggressive. The goal is to put the one asking the question on the defensive. Do not fall for this tactic. Always be charming, thus deflecting any insinuation, innuendo, etc, that may be thrown at you in their attempt to put you on the defensive, but bring them back to the question you asked. If they rephrase your question into an accusatory statement (a favorite tactic) simply state, "that is not what I stated, what I asked was… (repeat your question)." Stay focused on your question.

3) Be Persistent. If putting you on the defensive doesn't work, facilitators often resort to long drawn out dissertations on some off-the-wall and usually unrelated, or vaguely related, subject that drags on for several minutes – during which time the crowd or group usually loses focus on the question asked (which is the intent). Let them finish with their dissertation/expose, then nicely, with focus and persistence, state, "but you didn't answer my question. My question was… (repeat your question)."

I learned this a long time ago just from observing the interaction and forum dynamics,

This is wild, that is why I try to not argue or insult, don't get caught in the trap.

I think humans play this control drama sometimes wittingly , sometimes unwittingly.

[edit on 013131p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

There are a lot of good points on those pages.

always be charming,
stay focused,
and be persistent.

Nice little rule of thumb.

top topics

join