It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ridge says Bush Administration pushed to raise terror alert for re-election

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
rawstory.com...

remarkable detail to be published in former Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge's soon-to-be-released book asserts that the Bush Administration attempted to wield the color-coded terror alert system for political gain -- a charge often leveled by Democrats but not previously confirmed by a high-ranking Bush Administration official.

Surprise, Surprise! The Bush administration trying to scare us into voting for the neo-cons? What a concept.

Still it's good to see that some people with moral fiber, like Ridge blowing the whistle on those traitors.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I commend him for coming forward, albeit far too late.

He really needs to up his security now, Cheney and George still have a long reach. I can't wait to hear Dick trying to defend this. LOL

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
"Oh no, the guy running against me is a terrorist, raise the threat level to red!" Seriously, Bush, or maybe Cheany, musta had a big pair of balls to do this. Will we finally put them to trial for terrorism or for being traitors?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
That's probably the least of what he did... but to actually have Tom Ridge come out and say this....?

I'm both amazed and suspicious.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
No chance this little tid bit is to raise book sales. I'm sure he will provide sufficient evidence to back what wrote.

Or

He is relying on peoples absolute hatred for Bush to take what he says at face value.

I'm betting on the second one.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Each election since the 2000 elections have had incredibly terrible choices. Just plain bad. I really hope there's a big third party movement soon to maybe shake things up.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Bush Administration attempted to wield the color-coded terror alert system for political gain -- a charge often leveled by Democrats but not previously confirmed by a high-ranking Bush Administration official.

Yeah, remember when we had threads here accusing him of same? I'm not a Democrat, but it was pretty obvious.

Good on Ridge for telling the truth.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
No chance this little tid bit is to raise book sales. I'm sure he will provide sufficient evidence to back what wrote.

Or

He is relying on peoples absolute hatred for Bush to take what he says at face value.

I'm betting on the second one.

Well, isn't that convenient. Nothing was done wrong during the Bush administration, and anyone that says otherwise is just trying to make money on falsehoods about the flawless administration.

It comes as no surprise to me that this happened. There was much speculation throughout the administration's time that such terror scares were happening to incite enough fear to make people vote the way TPTB wanted them to.

Perhaps the denial of this makes sense though, it must be a hard thing to admit that one's logic was circumvented through a fabricated fear in order to vote how others wanted you to. :shk:

The truth of what went on will continue coming out, just as it did and still does with Clinton (though not openly enough, imo) and how it will in the present and future with Obama. Its truly sad, but until people can see it from both sides it will never be fixed.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

You got all of that out of me wondering if he would back up his charges with proof?

You belong in the second category don't you? Be honest.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Well if you think about it the Dems are doing this right now.... Well trying to scare the public into liking the healthcare bill.

I'm not surprised. I mean c'mon. Watergate happened.

I commend him for telling the truth in his book.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I don't have much to add other then I used to have a coworker who grew up in the same neighborhood as Tom Ridge. He said he is a very decent guy. So I belive it that he is bringing this information out.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140You got all of that out of me wondering if he would back up his charges with proof?

You belong in the second category don't you? Be honest.

Ah, but you see. This thread topic is not about you, or me. This thread topic is "Ridge says Bush Administration pushed to raise terror alert for re-election" and that's how I plan to keep it. For my part.

Perhaps I should have put a dash. Only the 1st paragraph was intended in response to your post.

--

Tentickles:

commend him for telling the truth in his book.

As do I.

If we could have more people telling the truth without fear of being ridiculed or accused of making it up for money, this country could probably be headed down a much more pleasant path.

*Edit - Fixed my quotes.

[edit on 8/20/09 by niteboy82]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

Yea and my response was for the first paragraph.

But its silly for me to expect proof about someone who is generally hated isn't it. Hell, I went to the White House and got snow blinded with W.

WHO WANTS TO BUY MY STORY!!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Interesting, but not too surprising. I also noticed how Bin Laden only released a video when the Bush Administration was having trouble passing a military funding bill or homeland security sort of bill.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I'm part with Niteboy and part with JD140 on this.

McClellen published a book with all sorts of accusations and no proof.
He got a big boost in sales and aftewards he backed off his accusations.
It was lame, pathetic, and transparent. Now he's an unemployable (in the real political world) nobody. No one trusts him. No one believes him. But he got some money for a book so he's probably happy.

Tom Ridge is a horse of a different color though. He's not an amateur flunky wimp like Scott McClellen. Tom Ridge is his own man and much more established in the system. He doesn't play the party line if he doesn't want to.

I don't know if the 'sneek peaks' let out by the publishing company are just eye-candy intended to boost sales or if Ridge will actually stand by what he has said and perhaps provide proof. My guess is that Ridge knows what he's getting into by making the statement and wouldn't do so if it weren't true.

At first glance .. I'm going with Ridge PROBABLY telling the truth on this one.

Either way, he'd best get a food tester and have someone else start his car in the mornings before he gets into it to drive anywhere.

[edit on 8/20/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Either way, he'd best get a food tester and have someone else start his car in the mornings before he gets into it to drive anywhere.

[edit on 8/20/2009 by FlyersFan]

wow

Do you mean a citizen is going to f Ridge up or a Bush gang member?

The second speaks to something... Not sure what

To the OP

I am shocked!!!

You mean a color coded system linked to a day terror, horror and unspeakable death
was used to further frighten a frightened popular in order to manipulate said population?

That would mean the same system might have been used to perpetuate a couple of wars.

But of course we all know there were WMD's... Anyhow I am shocked!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Interesting, but not too surprising. I also noticed how Bin Laden only released a video when the Bush Administration was having trouble passing a military funding bill or homeland security sort of bill.

Ah, what are the implications of that, combined with the "terror system of color"
and falsified intel prior to Iraq???

But I guess, considering the Bush and Bin Laden family are good friends,,, well
maybe Osama had a twin brother to help with the cause.

However the fat right handed Bin Laden was not convincing...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
There were videos from Osama coming out at the time and I'm guessing other threats that didn't make the news.

www.cbsnews.com...

WASHINGTON, Nov. 1, 2004
Intel: Osama Vid Boast, Not Threat

The Bush administration left the terror threat level unchanged, despite warning state and local officials that bin Laden's reemergence could portend a new terrorist attack.

So, who really knows? Tom Ridge might just be trying to boost sales with his own spin on the ways things went. Either way. Bush didn't use the terror alerts for scare tactics before the election. I don't see the big deal. Just more distractions from the people in power.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

Bush. Or more accurately ... Cheney. He really ran things. I am of the opinion Cheney kept Bush well medicated, especially in the last couple of years of that administration.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by mental modulator

Bush. Or more accurately ... Cheney. He really ran things. I am of the opinion Cheney kept Bush well medicated, especially in the last couple of years of that administration.

That is a possibility FF, but there was also a rumor that President Bush had fallen off the wagon.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join