It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you can sell me you're marketing well.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I used to say that advertising never made me purchase anything. That's change. Marketers must be getting better. Example 1- Dos Equis:

Yup, went out and bought a 6 pack. Not because I thought I would like it but because I was entertained. It was alright but I prefer a stronger beer.

Example 2- The Sham Wow guy. Didn't buy one of those. I don't like to clean
but I may pick up a Slap Chop:

Again, entertaining as hell. The product may even be a decent one. Let me know if it isn't.

Like I said, I used to never let advertising sell me. Always on the lookout for terms like "may". What the hell does that mean? Nothing. Have you got any advertising that sold you, Skeptics?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I am remarkably resistant to advertising although I do find many ads amusing. Being amused simply never translates to a purchase with me. I tend to buy things I already have a need for, (have been contemplating purchasing on my own) and relative price is my primary motivator. (I say relative because I do consider the social policies of the company I am dealing with, I dont compare Wal-Mart with a company that is selling environmentally friendly products or "all American made" products for instance.

The only advertising that makes me want things I might not normally buy are food ads. I try to avoid fast food, but when I see a thick juicy burger on the screen, my stomach responds. I dont go buy it, but I sure as heck want to, and often I go to the fridge looking for something to satisfy the craving for fat that the ad awakens in me.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Interesting.

No amount of advertising could make me buy a Slap-Chop.

I'll use my food processor or cut with a knife if necessary.

But I refuse to beat my vegetables to death on my counter top.

There is also that loud aggressive chopping sound.

The Slap-Chop seems like we are regressing back in time, not forward.

I have a total disdain for TV adds.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I haven't bought one, but I really like the idea of the slap chop.

top topics

join