It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Fair' 'Elections' in Afghanistan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
You'll notice that both of the first words in the title are in their OWN quotes. Each is a concept that is highly questionable at this point in Afghanistan.

Here is an article I read this morning and it really got me to thinking.
Afghan Voter Turnout Appears Low

You all know they are having 'Elections' in Afghanistan, and that someone is shooting rockets off over there and threatening violence to keep people away from the polls.

My question to you, is how could the Afghani people EVER have a 'REAL' election when they are occupied by some sixty thousand U.S troops and various other numbers from the 'coalition?'

Can anyone actually believe that the Afghanis have a VOICE in this election? Do you think it would be even REMOTELY possible for an Afghani president to get elected that was not completely in line with American 'policy' in Afghanistan?

Who are they trying to fool here? It seems to me that the stage play is getting pretty tired. It's way too familiar. It goes something like this:

1. America finds some excuse to rile up the sheep and invade a foreign land.
2. The 'president' of that country needs replaced. His term is either 'up' or he's hiding in a hole.
3. The U.S., with it's great compassion, 'secures' the country enough to allow for 'free' and 'democratic' elections. (barfing yet?)
4. Well what a surprise! A NEW president is elected that understands and appreciates the wisdom of the American occupation.
5. We all sit back and think how wonderful it is to have restored democracy to such a backward people. This country is such a help to the world.
Yay US!!!

In the interest of time, I've left out most of the bombing, raping, torturing, exploiting, leaflets, land mines, profiteering and pocket lining of the great leaders of this nation and the corporations they favor when it's time to award contracts.

I'm getting really bored with this show and want to change the channel. I want to watch the 'Afghanistan Runs their OWN Country' channel or the 'United States Minds its OWN Business' channel, but apparently they have been taken off the air. Dang digital conversion.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
he, he, neither Afghanistan or Iraq had any fair elections since the invasion of both countries.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
he, he, neither Afghanistan or Iraq had any fair elections since the invasion of both countries.

You are very correct. Is it just me, or it becoming more and more obvious? It's like a community theater group or something. (no offenses to community theater!)

new topics

join