You'll notice that both of the first words in the title are in their OWN quotes. Each is a concept that is highly questionable at this point in
Here is an article I read this morning and it really got me to thinking.
Afghan Voter Turnout Appears Low
You all know they are having 'Elections' in Afghanistan, and that someone is shooting rockets off over there and threatening violence to keep people
away from the polls.
My question to you, is how could the Afghani people EVER have a 'REAL' election when they are occupied by some sixty thousand U.S troops and various
other numbers from the 'coalition?'
Can anyone actually believe that the Afghanis have a VOICE in this election? Do you think it would be even REMOTELY possible for an Afghani president
to get elected that was not completely in line with American 'policy' in Afghanistan?
Who are they trying to fool here? It seems to me that the stage play is getting pretty tired. It's way too familiar. It goes something like this:
1. America finds some excuse to rile up the sheep and invade a foreign land.
2. The 'president' of that country needs replaced. His term is either 'up' or he's hiding in a hole.
3. The U.S., with it's great compassion, 'secures' the country enough to allow for 'free' and 'democratic' elections. (barfing yet?)
4. Well what a surprise! A NEW president is elected that understands and appreciates the wisdom of the American occupation.
5. We all sit back and think how wonderful it is to have restored democracy to such a backward people. This country is such a help to the world.
In the interest of time, I've left out most of the bombing, raping, torturing, exploiting, leaflets, land mines, profiteering and pocket lining of
the great leaders of this nation and the corporations they favor when it's time to award contracts.
I'm getting really bored with this show and want to change the channel. I want to watch the 'Afghanistan Runs their OWN Country' channel or the
'United States Minds its OWN Business' channel, but apparently they have been taken off the air. Dang digital conversion.