It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Big Pharma's Billy Tauzin conned the White House out of $76 billion.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
How Big Pharma's Billy Tauzin conned the White House out of $76 billion.

Billy Tauzin, president of the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America, has cut a secret deal on health reform with the White House. Tauzin told Tom Hamburger of the Los Angeles Times that in exchange for the much-touted $80 billion in savings that PhRMA volunteered in June to help cover the uninsured and reduce drug prices for some senior citizens, the White House had promised to block any congressional effort to allow the government to negotiate Medicare drug prices. Tauzin is from Louisiana, where tall tales grow like weeds, and at first his assertion seemed wildly implausible. But two days after the L.A. Times scoop, the New York Times got White House confirmation. "The president encouraged this approach," White House deputy chief of staff Jim Messina said in an e-mail. "He wanted to bring all parties to the table to discuss health insurance reform."

Obama's handshake with Tauzin is easily the dumbest mistake he's made in shepherding health reform through Congress.

Along with ,

Left-Wing Air America Blasts Obama as a "Charming Liar" for Deal with Pharmaceutical Companies to Push ObamaCare - Video 8/19/09

see video

www.freedomslighthouse.com...

Here is a new Naked Emperor News video that plays audio from the Left-Wing "Air America" Radio Network actually exposing President Barack Obama's "back room" deal with Big Pharmaceutical companies to support his ObamaCare plan.

The Left is furious with Obama. In this audio, they say Obama is a "charming liar." A caller also says what Obama is doing is "fascist" because of the merging of political power with corporate power to impose their will on the nation. The audio is intermingled with flashbacks of Obama condeming the Pharmaceutical companies and saying he would be transparent in his administration.

Interestingly, a leftist caller also says, "What if the protesters at the Town Hall Meetings are right about Obama?"

So, you see, this connection between Obama's Administration and the Pharmaceutical companies to push ObamaCare is not only raising concern on the Right, it is also recognized as being dirty by the Left.

Regardless of how one feels about Obama, I would think we should be concerned about his tactics.

[edit on 093131p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
www.bloomberg.com...

Hiring Obama’s campaign advisers makes sense, said Julius Hobson, a senior policy adviser in the Washington office of the St. Louis-based law firm, Bryan Cave LLP.

“If you’re in support of the president, then you use the people he used,” said Hobson, 61, who teaches a graduate course in lobbying at George Washington University in Washington.

Coalition

HEN’s other members, according to its Web site, are the AARP, the biggest advocacy organization for retirees; the Advanced Medical Technology Association; the Business Roundtable; Families USA; the Service Employees International Union, all based in Washington, and the American Medical Association based in Chicago. PhRMA represents 28 drugmakers, including New York-based Pfizer Inc. and London-based GlaxoSmithKline Plc.

Larry Grisolano, a partner at AKPD, said his firm and GMMB are splitting the fees on the $12 million campaign, though neither firm would specify its take. In an e-mail, Margolis declined to comment.

Grisolano said an interview that the firm’s history with Obama made it “kind of a logical place to go” for the health- plan ad work.

“We were one of the president’s ad firms, and so we have familiarity with how he spoke about health care during the campaign, what his viewpoints were on health care during the campaign,” he said. “And so I think if you’re interested in reform, we bring some valuable insight in that regard.”

Firms’ Fees

Last year, the Obama campaign paid $2.77 million in consulting fees to AKPD and $340.53 million to GMMB to produce and place ads, Federal Election Commission records show. Firms such as GMMB typically receive a low-to-mid single-digit percentage of ad spending as their fee for an account of that size, said Glenn Totten, a Democratic political consultant.

Politico reporter Kenneth Vogel on Obama assistant David Axelrod's apparent conflict of interest in the health care debate

www.bloomberg.com...

[edit on 093131p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Good post! The White House is getting nervous as the truth begins to seep out of the crevices of this regime. I am stunned each and every day I read a fresh news story about this administration. They are clearly in panic mode and our enemies are watching this three ring circus in D.C. with baited breath.

The proposed healthcare system is already corrupted by greed before any legislation has been even passed. No surprise! I have been watching this story unfold and I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Well, to be frank, Obamas tactics are sound in principle. Bring people together through give and take. The problem arises from the fact that either he doesn't play a good chess game (not thinkint 3-5 moves ahead) or he does and where he wants to go is not favorable to us as citizens.

Sadly, I am thinking it might be a bit of both. I never really credited Obama with being anything more than a puppet, but whatever the underlying agenda is, it only serves to benefit the elite.

Unfortunately, without something like the French Revolution, this will just continue. Government will become more facists, regardless of who is in the oval office. Corporations will increase their puppet mastery and manipulate the economy even further to encourage the consolidation of companies into just a few mega-corps leading to a new Oligary of the United States.

There is no more left wing or right wing. There is only the have and have nots.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
David Axelrod's ties targeted in health fight

Critics of President Obama’s health-care overhaul are zeroing in on his senior adviser David Axelrod, whose former partners at a Chicago-based firm are the beneficiaries of huge ad buys — now at $24 million and counting — by White House allies in the reform fight.

The unwelcome scrutiny, largely from Republicans, comes at an inopportune time as Obama seeks to shore up support for health care reform. It revolves around two separate $12 million ad campaigns advocating Obama’s health care plan that were produced and placed partly by AKPD Message and Media, a firm founded by Axelrod that employs his son and still owes Axelrod $2 million.

A separate firm, GMMB, is also handling the campaigns. Both AKPD and GMMB did millions of dollars of work on Obama’s presidential campaign, continue to tout their connections to the campaign and still maintain close ties to his inner circle.

Read more: www.politico.com...

www.politico.com...

michellemalkin.com...

who’s on the take from the drug lobby again?!?!

I’ve reported several times over the last few months on Team Obama’s hefty funding from the health care industry/drug lobby — see here and here — as well on the deep pockets behind the Astroturf HCAN/SEIU/ACORN campaign.

Culture of Corruption also homes in on the cozy cash deals involving Michelle Obama, Valerie Jarrett, Susan Sher, and David Axelrod to create faux grass-roots support for the University of Chicago Medical Center’s patient-dumping scheme.

Now, Bloomberg’s Timothy Burger brings news about Axelrod’s latest health care conflicts of interest that will come as no surprise to those who have fully informed themselves of the Chicago way. While White House press secretary Robert Gibbs assails the motives of grass-roots activists by falsely smearing the movement as corporate-funded shills, Barack Obama’s own senior adviser and chief Astroturfer raked in millions of dollars from Big Pharma.

Michelle Obama, Valerie Jarrett, Susan Sher, and David Axelrod ,

she left out Rahm and the other Chicago scum

Um, who’s bought and paid for by the drug lobby?
michellemalkin.com...

proteinwisdom.com...

Questions about Axelrod and AKPD surfaced last April

According to a disclosure form released Friday evening by the White House, the firm, AKP&D Message & Media, paid him $897,000 last year, when it had basically turned itself into an arm of the Obama campaign, which paid the company $2.5 million.

The disclosure indicates that Obama’s campaign manager David Plouffe — the “P” in AKP&D and still an influential political consultant for Obama and the Democratic National Committee — was not among the buyers, though he’ll remain a senior adviser to the firm. [...]

Axelrod’s disclosure offers a peek inside the business model he used to create a Chicago-based consulting powerhouse, which included both AKP&D and ASK Public Strategies.

ASK, which specialized in corporate public relations, paid him partnership income of $152,000 last year, according to the disclosure, even though he had taken a leave of absence to work on the campaign. Axelrod sold his share of ASK to Kupper and Eric Sedler for $1 million at the end of last year.

The firm became the source of some controversy during the presidential campaign, when The Washington Post reported that in 2006, Michelle Obama urged the University of Chicago’s hospital, where she served as an executive, to hire ASK to drum up community support for a controversial urban health initiative.

www.politico.com...

Obama Camp Has Many Ties to Wife's Employer
www.washingtonpost.com...

Look away, nothing to see here, I have been exposing Obama's dirty politics since before he was elected.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Good post! The White House is getting nervous as the truth begins to seep out of the crevices of this regime. I am stunned each and every day I read a fresh news story about this administration.

I am stunned also jibeho, stunned how some people still don't see it.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

but whatever the underlying agenda is,

That is the million dollar question.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Big pharma did it because they can, they rule the drug manufacturing, Obama can not get away without them, the same way that he can get away with the private insurance.

Big pharma have the upper hand and our government knows it.

In a nation that people have been geared to depend on manufactured drugs for their "survival" you can not expect less.

I made a vow that I will never be big pharma milking cow, that is my personal choice.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Big pharma did it because they can, they rule the drug manufacturing, Obama can not get away without them, the same way that he can get away with the private insurance.

Big pharma have the upper hand and our government knows it.

In a nation that people have been geared to depend on manufactured drugs for their "survival" you can not expect less.

I made a vow that I will never be big pharma milking cow, that is my personal choice.

How can he stand there and talk out of both sides of his mouth?

Where are his new ethics?

This goes much deeper then pharmaceutical companies or insurance, this had to be in the works before Obama got elected.

Nothing has changed in Washington.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

My friend, who do you think rules in Washington?

Big fat rats in the interest business, but is a problem their "interest" is not our interest.

Who pays for the whores in Washington, but pimps lobbyist working for big fat rats interest.

Occurs not matter who rises to the presidential seat it will be working for the masters.

That is what our system of government has become.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Axelrod Cashes In On 'Change'

The bottom line: Axelrod is essentially on his old firms' payrolls as he sits in the Oval Office as the closest confidant to the president. Advocacy groups know that when they are hiring AKP or Ask Public they are helping those companies stay profitable and make good on the $3 million.
AKP, which shares Chicago office space with Ask, is now getting contracts from major groups assembled to push Obama's massive health care agenda. They include Healthy Economy Now and Americans for Stable Quality Care. Their million-dollar media blitz is financed in part my the giant pharmaceutical industry which has a big stake in how the White House -- and Axelrod -- craft a final health care bill.

Press reports say pro-Obama groups will spend $150 million on media ads. AKP's website does not list those groups on its client's list, which includes trial lawyers, the largest single contributor to the Democratic Party.

trial lawyers, the largest single contributor to the Democratic Party.

OH, I am surprised.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

My friend, who do you think rules in Washington?

Big fat rats in the interest business, but is a problem their "interest" is not our interest.

Who pays for the whores in Washington, but pimps lobbyist working for big fat rats interest.

Occurs not matter who rises to the presidential seat it will be working for the masters.

That is what our system of government has become.

I know Marg, then they need to be exposed,

I really didn't think Obama was any different, but I was hoping I was wrong.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I agree, marg. Big Pharma did it because they can and Obama did it because he had to (to get his health insurance bill passed).

Stormdancer777, I don't know why you're shocked and stunned. Who did you think Obama was? Baby Jesus, Ghandi and Mother Teresa all wrapped up into one? He's a politician. No one should ever forget that.

He wants this health plan and he will do what he needs to (within reason) to get it. This shouldn't be a shock or surprise to anyone, even those of us who support him.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

And guess what they will get from this administration,

They will get immunity and impunity, when that health care bill get passed you can not be able to sue anybody in the medical field or big pharma ever.

Like I said before just grap your pop corn and enjoy the pony ride in the white House because is going to last 4 years.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

You know Marg there is a lot of news that is missed on this forum, a lot of important information, never gets posted.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Now don't get me wrong, but Freshly president Obama is learning fast from his predecessor.

Remember that this same deal was cut by Bush with big pharma when the Medicare reform?.

It mean that they will save the government money but not necessarily the tax payer.

Drugs will still be sold at the prices that they are sold by big pharma.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I dunno stormdancer ... I'm thinking this thread is 'fishy' and one of us will have to turn you in to the Obama Adminstration. Prepare for a visit from the Obama brown shirts ....

(not really calling ... don't worry
)

Seriously ... folks were upset (and rightly so) about Cheney and Halliburton but they seem to not see Axelrod and Big Drug Cos is much the same.

Curious, isn't it?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

They will get immunity and impunity, when that health care bill get passed you can not be able to sue anybody in the medical field or big pharma ever.

I thought that is what lawyers did?

Two things I cannot stomach, lawyers and politicians, I really didn't realize how unjust and corrupt things have gotten, even at our local level.

WHY?

What is wrong with everyone in charge, there isn't a honest man left in power?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
S & f for you my friend.
Great find.

Keep digging.....it up that is.....

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Sadly I came to that conclusion after the last elections, to tell you the truth I had my hopes very high with Obama.

But he is a politician after all, either that or he found out the hard way that America is not ruled from the Presidential seat along.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join