It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A mystery man awakes in Discovery Park

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I'm still on the fence as to whether or not this was staged....

I think it's a riot that they can't seem to figure out how he got to Seattle....I think we can probably rule out swimming....

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
This is incredibly wild.

Evidently we will find out more later, hopefully.

Editor's note: Within hours of posting this story online, a reader identified Jon Doe as Edward Lighthart, an English teacher he knew in China. The reader, David Akast, said Lighthart taught at English schools in China and "had an incredible knowledge of European cultural history."

Photos of Mr. Lighthart on the Internet suggest that it is he.

But it doesn't answer the key question of how he ended up in Seattle.

The Times is on the way to contact Mr. Lighthart in person to discuss the news.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The story has been updated. He is indeed Mr. Lighthart. The Seattle Times even contacted his sister.

Readers recognize man with apparent amnesia

"The name isn't ringing a bell, but the image is definitely me," said the man who had been at Swedish Medical Center and referred to as "Jon Doe" since he walked out of the park last month.

Lighthart has a sister in Las Vegas. She told The Times today that he lived with her for a year and a half but left last month after her roommate said Lighthart could no longer stay without paying rent.

He had been in Calgary, Alberta, before moving to Las Vegas.

"He just disappeared," said his sister, who asked not to be identified for personal reasons. She tried to report his disappearance to the police, without success.

She said he didn't have a car and left his belongings behind, including his computer. "We never got along very well," the sister said. "He would disappear for eight or 10 years at a time and then pop back up. It's obvious he's got issues."

She said Lighthart, 53, is very intelligent but had emotional problems.

Until contacted by The Times, she didn't know where he had gone and had no idea why he'd come to Seattle.

"Financially I can't support him," she said. "He has all the skills it takes to work and he won't. I simply can't support him."

Hmmm... not exactly the picture his website painted of him. He is either a bit of a fake or a brilliant man with mental issues.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
$600 bucks in his shoe and neatly pressed pants. I vote brilliant man with serious mental issues. Not an unusual scenario. He could simply be "stuck" in an altered personality state.

Interesting story to follow. I already feel a movie in the works.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
It's strange that they found him in discovery park. If he would like to remember his past maybe a hypnotherapist could help but all those big companies he was doing financial logistics for probably wouldn't like that though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join