It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A mystery man awakes in Discovery Park

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

A mystery man awakes in Discovery Park

seattletimes.nwsource.com

The blond-haired man with the walrus mustache wandered out of Seattle's Discovery Park three weeks ago, with pressed khakis, an expensive dress shirt, a blue blazer and $600 hidden in his sock. He was uninjured — but said he was confused, lost and frightened.

This much is clear: He is fluent in English, French and German. He possesses a professorial knowledge of European cultural history. He seems to have traveled the world. And he says he is a widower.

But he said he doesn't know who he is or
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit - Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 8/20/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
If this is in the wrong topic, I apologize.

Something about this seems very fishy. This guy almost seems too smart for his own good.

He can name multiple college professors, speaks multiple languages, and remembers spending time abroad.

He then wakes up in a Seattle park in very nice clothing, with 600.00 stuffed in his sock?

seattletimes.nwsource.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit - Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 8/20/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
MK ultra anyone? I will be following this story closely. Keep us updated.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Update: Man in China seems to have identified him.

Still a fascinating story.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by DukeOfDorch]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Maybe this guy is someone that jumped realities and went missing in his own.. only to show up here? I know it sounds a bit farfetched but check out Skyfloating's thread going on about missing people. That's the first thing I thought after reading the article... then again I just read Skyfloating's post right before that

I hope that guy figures out who he is though, if he isn't faking.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Came across this link:
translate.google.com...://eflgmbh.com/_wsn/page3.html&ei=X1ONStC7Ko-KsgOD8OHiCQ&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=3&ct=re sult&prev=/search%3Fq%3DEdward%2BLighthart%2BVIENNA%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox

Which states:

Prior to embarking on a career in public relations, Dr. Lighthart worked as a consultant in financial and logistical systems designs, when he worked with Wall Street concerns such as JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Citibank, and Kidder, Peabody & Co.

I'm not one to jump to conclusions......but....yikes...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DukeOfDorch

Interesting story, seems to have been identified as an Edward Lighthart through the comments.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by phoenix103]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Interesting story, seems to have been identified as an Edward Lighthart through the comments.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Jason Bourne wannabe anyone??

Anyways it seems he was identified. Wonder what his reason was for being there.

When you descibed him he sounded exactly like an Afrikaans Boer!

members.memlane.com...

[edit on 20-8-2009 by halfmanhalfamazing]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Dug a little deeper using some of the info posted above. He seems to have his on company.

Verwaltung Direction Mgmt.

Page has multiple language translations of his resume. For the company he is listed as..

Edward Lighthart, BA, AM, Ph.D
President and Managing Director

Dr. Edward Lighthart has provided consulting services for over 25 years. As President and Managing Director of EF Lighthart, GmbH (Vienna, Austria) and EFL Enterprises Slovensko, s.r.o. (Bratislava, Slovakia), Dr. Lighthart has been delivering public relations consultancy services to international businesses in Europe, the Middle East, and the Far East.

Prior to embarking on a career in public relations, Dr. Lighthart worked as a consultant in financial logistical and systems designs, when he worked with such Wall Street concerns as JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Citibank, and Kidder, Peabody & Co.

In addition to public relations and financial work, Dr. Lighthart has also taught in Slovakia, Austria, and the Peoples’ Republic of China undergraduate university courses in sociology, comparative religion, philosophy, ethics, English, and research methodologies.

Dr. Lighthart also served as Director of Training and Education of the PACE Program in Chicago and later as the program’s Managing Director in Sydney, Australia.

Really an odd case.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
It seems to me that Dr. Lighthart is wise in employing preemptive amnesia.

I'll bet that some financial investigators and wanting to talk to him and he wants to protect himself.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Hes probably an illegal alien.
two.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Do all financial logistics consultants keep 600 bucks in their socks weird story that is probably going to get weirder.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Seems fishy, I think it's been staged either by him, or others.

From article:

But he said he doesn't know who he is or when he was born. Or how he got here and why. Or whether he even wants to know.

and

"I find myself in tears that I don't know if I want the memories," he said. "But if you don't have an identity, it's very difficult to survive."

A little too dramatic, if you ask me.

I believe most humans, in his situation, (emphasis added)
would truly want to know their past.

Of course, in knowing their past, they may wish to forget.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
He seems to have been abducted if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
We may know more soon. I just checked the story linked in the OP and it has been updated...

Editor's note: Within hours of posting this story online, a reader identified Jon Doe as Edward Lighthart, an English teacher he knew in China. The reader, David Akast, said Lighthart taught at English schools in China and "had an incredible knowledge of European cultural history."

Photos of Mr. Lighthart on the Internet suggest that it is he.

But it doesn't answer the key question of how he ended up in Seattle.

The Times is on the way to contact Mr. Lighthart in person to discuss the news.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
This is really weird..

I agree with whaaa. I bet he's faking.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

S & F

Interesting !!!

Remember the "Piano Man" affair ?, it was just a big hoax; and people were wondering if he was the new Kaspar Hauser

Anyway, interesting, thanks

Saludos

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
He seems to have been abducted if you ask me.

Yep and those sneaky aliens gave him $600 to keep quiet

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
He was slipped a mickey finn by a whore

The only money she didn't take was what was in his sock.
Amnesia faked for fear of Rosie O'donnell type wife

Case solved now move along.
And have a wondeful day

[edit on 20-8-2009 by kenton1234]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join