It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed al-Megrahi to go free

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Sky News (UK) are reporting that the alleged (convicted yes but questionable) Pan AM bomber is to be set free at 13:00 BST today.

This is not on their site yet, merely a breaking news flag on the channel itself.

There remain many unanswered questions as to his conviction and an allegation that it was actually orchestrated by Iran as a response to the shooting down of an Iranian passenger jet by the US Navy in the 80's.

Any thoughts?

I'll say this - better a guilty man walk free than an innocent man die in jail (or at the hands of the state).

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Thanks for your correction with my other post..

I don't feel good about this whole situation, I must say that I havn't heard the British goverment's view on this, just Scotlands decision

Bigger things going on here for sure....

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedev
Thanks for your correction with my other post..

I don't feel good about this whole situation, I must say that I havn't heard the British goverment's view on this, just Scotlands decision

Bigger things going on here for sure....

The UK Government refused to make representations to the Scottish justice minister when asked to do so on the subject of prisoner transfer. They did however deny any agreements had been reached prior to the trial with the US Government as to where anyone convicted would serve their term.

This is highly suspicious, especially given the US Governments adamant stance that an agreement had been reached.

You might want to check out his Wikipedia page (en.wikipedia.org...) in particular the comments from the UN Observer and those about the second appeal.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Yep, He's been released.

Give it another few hours and Qaddaffi will be parading him around as a hero.

Disgusting

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

There couldn't be a more perfect candidate to strap on a "vest" and walk into an embassy. I wonder wihch one will be chosen?

Before his release he should be implanted with a GPS device to track his movements, just in case.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The man is dying of cancer. What possible purpose could it serve to keep him locked up? It shows that we are the compassionate ones in this case, by letting him go free.

Let's face it. The reason America is up in arms about it, is because the UK hasn't bowed to it's demands for once. It's for the UK, or Scotland at least to decide whether to release him, not the United States, regardless of what the U.S government might think.

new topics

top topics

join