It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of cyborgs, and the great leap of man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Cyborgs in Law Enforcement.

This sniper shot is one of a kind, to be honest it almost looks fake, but with the reaction of the supporting officers that physically throw down the man, you know this is a genuine containment. I am seriously stunned by this accuracy, what a miracle.

SVE

Edit: Better video with commentary.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by thedude69]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
hahaha thats the funniest take down ive ever seen. Hardly cyborgs though.. just strong guys.. you can see the size of them compared to the other guy tryin to kill himself

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
That's a standard sniper shot, if you don't hit your target exactly first time then you're not worth your salt as a sniper, given the range I don't see nothing here apart from a guy doing his job very well. Must of used a high velocity bullet though otherwise there may have been an issue with ricochet

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I have seen this video before and its a fantastic shot but to say its proof of cyborgs, thats a bit of a strech for me.

the man taking the shot was more than likley within 100 yards the guy holding the gun makes the same movment over and over so its a great shot one any sniper should be happy to be able to make.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Some (human) snipers can headshot you from a mile or more away, gauging the wind and all of that. Now that is impressive.

Not to take away from shooting a gun out of someone's hand from 50 yards away and not hurting them, also very impressive.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

The longest sniper headshot performed was i think around the 1.5 miles or something.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Incredible and humaine shot. Bravo. Good to see that not all policemen are homicidal maniacs (which sadly are usually recruited into the riot police and let loose on protestors). Good job Brad!

As for the takedown, I could honestly do that easily and I'm probably not as large as the officer that went in. The man was in shock and sitting down the guy ran in and took him down by the throat. What you guys are seeing is not so much the force of the policeman being applied but the natural reflexes of the guy being thrown down aiding the takedown. That sort of technique is widely used in grappling arts like Judo or Aikido and once you know how the human body works and articulates it becomes possible to make people literally flip in the air with minimal force. A petit woman with mininal physical conditioning and training could pull it off in that circumstance.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Not cyborgs, just a damn good shot

top topics

join