It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 evolution myths part 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
5. you see a watch and it looks designed, you know it has a designer. You see a human and it looks designed, wouldn't that have a designer?

Watches, buildings, paintings, and other MAN MADE things are a terrible way to argue against evolution because living things reproduce. Reproduction is an important part of evolution.

6. What good is half an eye/wing?

To add to the question, creationist sometimes quote mine the origin of the species and say that darwin questioned the evolution of the eye. All creationists, read the origin and see that darwin was just building up a question and in the very next paragraph. He knows how the eye evolves and so can you. Half of a wing can make a very big difference. Lets say there are 2 birds on a relatively high branch in a tree. They both fall down at the same time, there wont be any harm but the bird with half a wing will fall down slower and will hit the ground less hard because the wing was functioning as a parachute like devise. Now, drop them from a very high branch, a fall will break the frail bones of the birds. Again, one with no wings, one with half a wing. They both drop at the same time. The wingless bird crashes upon the ground and breaks its little neck. The half winged bird falls less hard and lives. Natural selection will prefer the ha;f wing and mutations will cause over generations, the wing to grow to todays full wing.

7. evolution is random

Natural selection is far from random. It keeps the good mutations and gets rid of the #ty ones. Like the half winged bird mentioned above, the bird that survives the fall are most likely to survive and thus they will reproduce and give generations half wings, and mutations will help the birds get full wings.

8. evolution (Darwin) was racist/hitler believed in evolution.

First, Darwin was racist, yes. But it was not because he really hated blacks, it was because everyone was racist. Back then, not being what we call racist would make people shun you. Even Lincoln was shunned for the idea of abolishing slavery in the south. Darwin was actually less racist then most of the other people as you can tell by some of his writings. In fact, the poor treatment of slaves (along with the death of his 10 year old daughter) was what caused him to be agnostic. Hitler believed in eugenics, something science frowns upon. Evolution prefers the diversity of a species rather then a single race (German). He blamed the jews because Germany was in economic collapse, the jews were good with money, it's there #ing fault. There is an explanation, the christians a long time ago didn't let jews own land or anything and so they became money lenders or the equivalent of modern day bankers and over time, they became good at it. Lets say that Hitler believed in evolution from what he said, he (along with most nazis) said they believed in Jesus as their lord and savior, does that not bother you. If Hitler lied about Jesus, and he believed in something that goes against evolution, it's safe to say that he does not believe in evolution.

9. Darwin resented on his death bed.

This rumor was started by someone by the name of Lady Hope. Darwin's sister was with him during the time of his death and she said that Lady Hope was never at his death or any other time he was sick. Richard Dawkins knows about this and he says that he will bring a tape recorder and witnesses to his death bed so no one will make any silly rumors.

10. Evolution doesn't help us with anything

Genetic defects, cancer, aids, and bringing together biology as a whole was done with knowing about evolution. It helps.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Great thread, S+F.

Just a little note as I notice your new.

1. Keep your threads together, rather than making a new thread when you run out of characters, simply make the next post. In this case, it's best to write your thread in some sort of word program, then copy it over. This will eliminate people posting before you make your second post.

2. If you're going to ignore number one, then it helps to add a link to part 2 in your first part.

Take care, and welcome to ATS.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
Great thread, S+F.

Just a little note as I notice your new.

1. Keep your threads together, rather than making a new thread when you run out of characters, simply make the next post. In this case, it's best to write your thread in some sort of word program, then copy it over. This will eliminate people posting before you make your second post.

2. If you're going to ignore number one, then it helps to add a link to part 2 in your first part.

Take care, and welcome to ATS.

sorry about the many threads thing, I ran out of characters I could use. I will take the second into considaration if something like this happens again.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I like the concept of the thread, a little hard to follow at times and much more detail of your points would help clarify what you are trying to say.

Apart from that you have me very interested in researching some of your points much much further. I noticed you mentioned Richard Dawkins, I have just purchased The God Delusion and really looking forward to getting into it, have you read it?

Thanks Otto,

Peace

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
So, evidence is for evolution, right? Well, what if God made the evidence, but did it in 6 days? Then He said He did it in six days, and gave you a choice---believe what He said, or believe the evidence that He made to give you a choice.

II Thessalonians 2: 9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

He likes to test you to see if you love Him or want to follow the lies:

Deuteronomy 13:1 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder, 2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them; 3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

So, how ya doin'? Passing the test and believing God, or choosing to follow the signs and wonders (science and facts)?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
So, evidence is for evolution, right? Well, what if God made the evidence, but did it in 6 days? Then He said He did it in six days, and gave you a choice---believe what He said, or believe the evidence that He made to give you a choice.

II Thessalonians 2: 9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

He likes to test you to see if you love Him or want to follow the lies:

Deuteronomy 13:1 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder, 2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them; 3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

So, how ya doin'? Passing the test and believing God, or choosing to follow the signs and wonders (science and facts)?

haha, easily the funniest thing I have read today.

Well, what if God made the evidence, but did it in 6 days? Then He said He did it in six days, and gave you a choice---believe what He said, or believe the evidence that He made to give you a choice.

hahahahaha seriously, am I the only one who sees the immense humor? I've seen grasping at straws in the 911 forum, but this takes the cake.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by king9072]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by king9072

I see what you mean, its like the idea that Dinosaur fossils were put upon the earth by God to test mans belief.

Peace

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by otto octavius
Watches, buildings, paintings, and other MAN MADE things are a terrible way to argue against evolution because living things reproduce. Reproduction is an important part of evolution.

Computer viruses reproduce.
They have a designer.

The half winged bird falls less hard and lives. Natural selection will prefer the ha;f wing and mutations will cause over generations, the wing to grow to todays full wing.

How did sexual reproduction happen when there was no need for it. Half a sexual organ has no use.

Natural selection is far from random.

Creationists are not necessarily against natural selection. This is a different argument.

evolution (Darwin) was racist/hitler believed in evolution.

Darwin resented on his death bed.

For something to be true, it does not have to be believed.
To suggest that anyone's viewpoint or opinion in anyway changes the truth is ridiculous. It should not even form part of any argument about fact.

[edit on 20/8/2009 by Saurus]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I agree, the theory of evolution is just that, a theory.

All science is just like that too, y'know. Someone has a theory, they write it down and claim it's true, then if they convince enough people that their stupid science theory is true, then they all start to think their dumb science is all powerful, and should be worshipped.......

Wait a second................

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by uaocteaou
I agree, the theory of evolution is just that, a theory.

All science is just like that too, y'know. Someone has a theory, they write it down and claim it's true, then if they convince enough people that their stupid science theory is true, then they all start to think their dumb science is all powerful, and should be worshipped.......

Wait a second................

Well, of course, if you have tons of evidence, it makes perfect sense to make theories about it.

Just because a theory has flaws in it, it does not mean that the evidence is false.

I think too many creationists fall into the trap of assuming that because the theory cannot be proved, that all of the evidence is also false.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
sorry but these evolution 'myths' have to be the weakest arguments for evolution that I've ever heard, like seriously.

the only people this will impress are the fundamentalist atheists who think Richard Dawkins as their messiah.

top topics

join