It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seriously People... We are so screwed that our last resort should be the Survial Forum here on ATS

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
There is not one solution that I can think of to stop this tyranny. Not one.

There is no solution, and all hope is lost... In fact the only thing we can hope for is extra time.

The greatest minds on ATS could never put together an idea to stop the mass insainity, chaos, and ignorance that rapidly spreading across the globe.... So my last resort is to do everything in my power to read and contribute to the Survival forum.

It's time to recognize checkmate when you see it.

I mean, what's it gonna take for the PEOPLE OF ATS to realize this as a FACT. I'm sorry people, but they have divided us. Now they will conquer.

Do you really need to read up on the 9-11 conspiracy forum anymore? Do you really need to listen to Alex Jones rant and rave about this stuff? What information is there left to discover?

The fact of the matter is You know it's only a matter of time before the system breaks down, chaos erupts, and order is restored by the UN.

It might not happen in 2010... or even 2020... but if you live to be an old man, you will see World Government, make no mistake about that.

So what are you doing to prepare for the worst, because it's becoming common sense that America is gonna get hit the hardest. I mean, they even have TV shows on the Discovery Channel about the SHTF. I mean c'mon people: The Colony??? (google it)

WAKE UP TO WHAT YOU ALREADY KNOW!!!

What else are we trying to learn? We've seen the FEMA coffins, we've seen the camps, we've seen the truth. Now do something to prepare yourself. It's not a matter of being paranoid, or fear-mongering... It's a matter of being smart.

There aren't many people here on ATS that can predict what will happen next... But it dosn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that something will happen soon.

Anyway... Hope to see you in the survival forum.

The facts you mentioned are well documented, and old hat for the survival forums. They have been preaching these ideas for a long time. If you read these forums enough, you'll also see that most of the people who follow the beliefs of the main ideas of the new survivalist beliefs, have stop trying to convince others of the prudence to plan for hard times. They don't have the time or energy to do that anymore. They are in high gear doing their own preps, and are very busy.
At this stage of events, if you still believe that things are going to work out, and we have turned the corner on economic recovery, you deserve what happens to your dumb a__.
Here's my prediction of events to come real soon. Continued bank failures in the coming weeks, the next one being a very major bank. Next, bank closings in different regions of the country, followed by a currency devaluation. I think these events will happen within 4 weeks. Lots of chatter all over the internet, but more important, stories coming in from all over the world to back up these predictions. Folks, there is something going on now with the FED, and other key agencies. Too much activity to be a coincidence. if you read the foreign press, you get to hear another perspective on events.
Lastly, expect to see the chaos start after the banks close, and currency is devalued, as Americans seek to blame the government, and realize that Messiah Obama has been lying to them all along.
The die has already been cast, and the "plan" initiated. These events must pass, and the only question is when it all starts. I don't think anyone will have to wait too long, and the idea of reading the survival forums for ideas---it's a little late--the horse is already out of the corral.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Over the last year as the warning signs have appeared and much of my research has been vindicated, i've finally gotten semi-serious about doing something.

I've finally gotten around to buying silver, it's so undervalued compared to gold and I just don't see it going any lower than it is now ever. I like looking for old silver coins that have both investment and historical value. Will be nice barter tokens later on.

Stocked up on ammo that will be useful and valuable. Can never have enough. I purposely got an sks and and my buddy got an ak using 7.62x39 so we can slowly pile up on the same kind and go in together on it in bulk. Looking into getting a shotgun and/or pistol of some sort eventually, but alas that's more ammo to buy too. If I see a great deal I'll bite the bullet.

I've tried to get out of debt but it's impossible at my age in college unable to get work in this market. I'm able to make a little untaxable income but it doesn't stem the tide of expenses. Maybe hyperinflation will make a few grand of debt a moot point.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38
Haven't people been saying these things for many, many years now? Why hasn't anything ever happen?

Do I really need to explain to you that the amount of Bailout / Stimulous / Governmnet Spending is unlike anything the world has ever seen? It's almost like they are trying to crash the dollar on purpose to usher in a new currency.... Hmmm.

You're right... Nothing ever happens.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

Well, let's take a look at that idea you presented about the bailout. Let's do some Econ 101 for a minute. The Fed controls inflation by adjusting the interest rate up or down. When inflation looks like it might happen, up go the interest rates. When the Fed sees unemployment beginning to rise, they interpret that as coming deflation, so they lower interest rates. Pretty simple math. Interest rates take 9 months to show an effect. Fast forward to 2008. Fed finds out that moving interest rates is having an unpredictable effect. Lowering rates did not increase inflation or stimulate jobs. Why?
You ask.... So the Fed decides to try to create inflation. Since they can't create inflation by lowering interest rates because the interest rates are at the very bottom with nowhere to go, they have to use their only other tool: money. Normally, flooding a system with money will cause inflation. However, inflation did not happen even when trillions of dollars were created and moved into the system. If the money is not having an effect, guess what? That means there is a lack of money, a black hole, so to speak. How did that black hole occur? It occurred by the disappearance of money caused by the failure of the subprime loans, resulting in the devaluation of properties and foreclosures. Trillions of dollars in assets have been lost. Those assets must be replaced. After all, money is only a number that appears and disappears on the books as controlled by the financial experts of our economy from the best banks (who have the most to lose), who are assembled into a panel of experts NOT regulated by congressmen (thank God) who don't know how to control spending. These experts have been doing the only plausible thing that could possibly be done: produce and inject massive amounts of capital into the black hole that was created by the mortgage meltdown. Luckily, our cooperating countries like China realize this is the only solution to the problem. Those countries that can support the recovery are compelled to do so, or they will sink along with the great ship of the United States. Good news is, money will save the day.

For those conservatives who think the bailout was a bad idea, go live in Hooverville. President Hoover did not want to bail the economy out. By failing to recognize the disappearance of capital, he led the country into a depression that lasted ten years or so. Congress today is not going to do the same stupid mistake twice.

How will we pay it all back? Fear not. We will, with interest. You are thinking as if a taxpayer is going to pay this back. Not so. The vast majority of funds produced for our nation is by corporations. Those of you who felt that the bailout was a bad idea were willing to let the chief taxpayers, corporations, bite the bullet. They were paying the bills for the US, not you. Do you want to shoulder the weight of all those taxes? Heck no! So, get smart, get out of the way and let TPTB take care of this problem in the only effective way possible: flood the corporations with cash, flood the rebuilding of the infrastructure with cash, and eliminate foreclosures until this country reaches a stable and viable place for us all.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Thats no entirely true...
There is a plan...
Love life and treat eachother with respect.
If we do that, act out of love, eventually it will spread...
Fighting sure as hell isn't going to solve anything.

Take a walk. Be in nature a little... life is good, and no one can take that away from you.

Spreading fear and negative thoughts will only create more fear and negative thoughts.
So this thread sure doesn't help anyone does it?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Now *this* is what I call "defeatist" talk. We're already screwed, can't do a thing, might as well give up right now. I don't buy it.

First, we're not already screwed. We may be headed there (or maybe not) but we haven't gotten there yet. Most of us still have Internet access, for example, which implies we've got electricity and a home of some sort. Maybe some of us are using a library computer, but you get my drift. So things haven't gotten that bad yet.

Most of us have time to read, and sometimes to post, on ATS, which means we're not yet hiding behind the doors, keeping a lookout for marauders, ready to defend our turf to the death. We most of us have some food to eat, some clean water to drink. Probably most of us have jobs, though many of us do not, since unemployment is so high.

We're so worried about things that *might* happen, that we're not looking at what is happening right now. Which is, basically, not a whole lot. True, we've got plenty of problems, a huge financial mess that could turn into a depression, yadda-yadda-yadda. Trust me, I've seen worse during my lifetime. This is not as bad as I've seen it. And people my parents' age, many of whom are still alive, made it through the Great Depression and WW II. They've seen some really awful times.

I'm not trying to sugar-coat anything here. We've got problems - serious problems. They're not going to magically disappear overnight, and they could get worse before they get better. But we've faced these and worse problems before, gotten through it, and we'll get through it again.

Part of the problem here in ATS, I believe, is that we worry too much over possibilities, and don't focus on actualities. It is *possible* that there will be a major collapse this Fall, or in 2012, or that NWO will take over, or whatever. But none of those is an actuality. What is true today is that most of us are doing OK - not great, not good enough, maybe, but OK. Better than 90% of the world. The fabric of society is holding up, for today. The government and the utilities are working, today. The water is flowing, today. Tomorrow that may all be gone, but right now it's still here.

There is a saying that I like. It goes, "Think globally, act locally". I like it, because it puts things into perspective. If you try to fix the world, you'll be overwhelmed and ineffective. There are billions of people who need housing and clean water; millions who are starving or dying of easily prevented or treated diseases. I can't even begin making a dent in that.

But I can act here, doing what I can to make the world a little better right in my own town. My helping out a few folks in Chicago isn't going to change the world; but if we all start doing that, making efforts right where we are, it could change the world.

Maybe it's useless, like you said. I don't really know that my little efforts are going to make a bit of difference in the world. But at least I'm trying to do something. I'd rather go down trying to make it better, than to just fold my hands and give up. Losing the battle would be a bitter thing. But giving up without even trying would be much worse.

So do what you can, and try to help others understand why it's a good idea for them to do that, too. Spread the word and do your little bit - whatever you can - and see what happens. At least you tried.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I hope these so called "Elite" who are running the world are prepared for the Revolution at hand.

Most people thinking they have a distinct advantage over a person or person(s) fail to realize that once you underestimate your opponent...you've already lost.

Cells within top organizations are already established.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
Now *this* is what I call "defeatist" talk. We're already screwed, can't do a thing, might as well give up right now. I don't buy it.

So true.

I wonder what would have happened if our grandparents, or great grandparents had that same mentality during the Great Depression and during WWII. I don't think we'll ever see people with such character like that again, at least not during our lifetime. Those were tough people.

But, wow, how history would have changed if they decided to all go running scared into the woods during all of that. We'd probably be speaking German right now.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222
well maybe the jedi are our only hope.

Nope, it's far too late for that now! You're all completely
ed now!

Actually, maybe there is still time to prevent complete chaos, if all of you down there in US started growing some hem-----

*gaaahh..... gaaaaaaaahhh.... aaagggghhh....*

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Your still wrong and the instructions were given long ago. If the Govt. turns tyrannical, it is not just your right, but your duty as an American to replace that Govt.
Replace it with what it is suppose to be by the Constitution. If they actually followed the Original Constitution and added the human rights amendments of course. Added back the 13th that went missing.
This country would be a great place to follow your dreams. Mostly small businesses with a few large. The Govt. failed in business regulation, flat out. The laws have always been on the books, they just prefer to not enforce them.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Now would be a good time for the congress to pass and quickly implement the revised version of the bill submitted in January: H.R. 675.

Along with the proper executive orders and changes resulting from passed and pending legislation they would have the ability to easily crush any dissent or rebellion.

Survival for the vast majority of Americans will ultimately come from dependence on government, through that exchange the people will become more obedient, even subservient.

Poverty and hunger in a weakening economy are their most reliable and effective weapons and means to expand government through "social" programs and controlling the people, when they are your last hope for survival you will turn to them with your hands out... No matter what you may have learned in the survival forums.

As for armed confrontation, it does not have a chance, it will be crushed quickly.

Prepare for assisted survival now, learn to exploit the social systems before it is to late.

Kneel before the almighty PTB.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I think that, even without a pending disaster, people should be able to fend for themselves if something were to happen. I always use cavemen as my reference for things like what to eat, what we really need to survive, etc. They didn't have Gatorade, or Centrum vitamins, or Hungry Man dinners. These things do make it easier to live in today's world, but what if tomorrow everything was back to basics?

-Chaos

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Good point Chembreaker.

If we all cancell our newspapers, don't buy their crap. They will give us the paper for free.

Who still trust the MSM.
Wet and Roll the paper, use it as firewood.

Cancell the cable and sat dish. keep only the internet connection.
TV MSM is no better.

They created TV, the signal was free. Then they put 2 minutes commercials each 15 minutes. Now they put 3 minutes commercials each 10 minutes and they dare want us to pay for the programing trought cable subscription.

Listen free radio for music and alternative news. create your own CDs, no need for satellite radio.

Governements don't care about their people. Each and every time, folks ask for laws against phone marketing harrassement. Governements choose Phone company friend's over privacy of those who elect them.

I can't believe how folks are hooked with cell phones,even kids.
Stop giving them your money unless you really need the thinggummyjig.

I don't have one, don't want one.

Stop spending for useless thing, is a first step to shake the tower of lies and lust.

Without medias, TPTB's puppet will have some difficulties to feed us with their propaganda.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
world government is not a bad thing.
if you want the world to progress and not kill ourselves, one world government is the only choice.
then and only then can we become a resource driven world and not a money driven world.

i think most peoples problems is that they imagine 1984, with 1 leader sitting on top of the world. thats not how it would be. it would be a council.
you can say i drank the koolaid and all that #. but w/e man, i embrace a one world government.

i dont understand why a one world government automatically means mass genocide and the death of 80% of the planet. till this day i havent seen one shred of proof that shows thats what would happen with a one world government.

maybe the NWO isnt a bad thing and your all just conditioned by the real NWO to believe that.

the greatest trick the devil has ever pulled, was not to make you think he didnt exist, it was to make you think he was god. - epitaph.one how bout them apples.

----------

and to the guy above me, do you know why the government doesnt listen? its because 99% of the population is too lazy, they all have the "someone else will do it" mentality. you see it everyday with americans, ehhh someone else will do it. clean up your own mess god damnit. you make a few good riots, you will change the laws. its your duty to overthrow the government when it becomes tyrannical, so get off your ass and stop complaining over the internet.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by epitaph.one]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by grahag
What scares me are the people who have guns and say they are "preparing" for the right time to use them. They're just ambiguous enough so that I can't call the police to let them know that this person is planning to kill a mass amount of people, but they're specific enough to rile like-minded individuals into a mob.

You are welcome to your beliefs and your own pursuit of happiness just as is the gun owner next to you. However someone like you who believes that another person who sees the world in a different light than you and prepares for something bad in the world equals wanting to kill a mass amount of people really scares the s* out of me.

At that point I would question your sanity.

So let's just make a deal. You can live in your happy world and no one will bother you and we can live in our world where we are prepared for something we don't want and you leave us alone.

You sound like that whiny neighbor who complains and bitches about everything and threatens to call the cops at the drop of hat about everything.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Anonymous Avatar]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

So true.

I wonder what would have happened if our grandparents, or great grandparents had that same mentality during the Great Depression and during WWII. I don't think we'll ever see people with such character like that again, at least not during our lifetime. Those were tough people.

But, wow, how history would have changed if they decided to all go running scared into the woods during all of that. We'd probably be speaking German right now.

Yea back in those days you had something called American Spirit.

Back in those days the enemy was foreign and not domestic. This is a different type of animal we are dealing.

Back in those days Americans weren't comfort creatures. They didn't have South Park, The Simpsons, & Fox News to dumb down the public.

Back in those days women were fighting for their rights instead of fighting for money to pay for their fake boobs.

Back in those days society wasn't dependent on the internet, computers, wire transfers, and elecricity in general... The digital network we have today has become our life line, let's hope the lights don't go out.

Back in those days the money you had in your pocket was redeemable in gold & silver... Now it's backed up by the Government.

Back in those days it was rare to see a 300lb man. Today you see 300lb women in damn near every fast food restaurant you walk into.

Back in those days... we discovered the atomic bomb and used it on Japan... 65 years later we have 30,000 weapons of Mass destruction in 9 or 10 different countries. You think a couple of these weapons aren't going to be used in the near future?

Back in those days if SHTF the people were able to SURVIVE. I'm sorry but this Microwave TV dinner, hip hop, Oprah watchin', internet porn lovin', ADD havin', brainwashed, American idolizin', fassion victim, Military Lovin', Muslim hatin', Spanish speaking, tax paying country doesn't stand a chance of survivng if it were going to encounter the same proplems as our grandparents did.

And that's why I'm suggesting you get prepared... Because the person living next door to you sure is hell isn't prepared.

I'm not saying you should go hide in the woods... But I am saying it wouldn't be bad idea to live in a small town compared to a city the size of, ohhhh, say the size of New Orleans. (Yea, I love how our country came to the rescue durring Hurricane Katrina).

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

First, we're not already screwed. We may be headed there (or maybe not) but we haven't gotten there yet. Most of us still have Internet access, for example, which implies we've got electricity and a home of some sort. Maybe some of us are using a library computer, but you get my drift. So things haven't gotten that bad yet.

Most of us have time to read, and sometimes to post, on ATS, which means we're not yet hiding behind the doors, keeping a lookout for marauders, ready to defend our turf to the death. We most of us have some food to eat, some clean water to drink. Probably most of us have jobs, though many of us do not, since unemployment is so high.

We're so worried about things that *might* happen, that we're not looking at what is happening right now. Which is, basically, not a whole lot. True, we've got plenty of problems, a huge financial mess that could turn into a depression, yadda-yadda-yadda. Trust me, I've seen worse during my lifetime. This is not as bad as I've seen it. And people my parents' age, many of whom are still alive, made it through the Great Depression and WW II. They've seen some really awful times.

I'm not trying to sugar-coat anything here. We've got problems - serious problems. They're not going to magically disappear overnight, and they could get worse before they get better. But we've faced these and worse problems before, gotten through it, and we'll get through it again.

Part of the problem here in ATS, I believe, is that we worry too much over possibilities, and don't focus on actualities. It is *possible* that there will be a major collapse this Fall, or in 2012, or that NWO will take over, or whatever. But none of those is an actuality. What is true today is that most of us are doing OK - not great, not good enough, maybe, but OK. Better than 90% of the world. The fabric of society is holding up, for today. The government and the utilities are working, today. The water is flowing, today. Tomorrow that may all be gone, but right now it's still here.

There is a saying that I like. It goes, "Think globally, act locally". I like it, because it puts things into perspective. If you try to fix the world, you'll be overwhelmed and ineffective. There are billions of people who need housing and clean water; millions who are starving or dying of easily prevented or treated diseases. I can't even begin making a dent in that.

But I can act here, doing what I can to make the world a little better right in my own town. My helping out a few folks in Chicago isn't going to change the world; but if we all start doing that, making efforts right where we are, it could change the world.

Maybe it's useless, like you said. I don't really know that my little efforts are going to make a bit of difference in the world. But at least I'm trying to do something. I'd rather go down trying to make it better, than to just fold my hands and give up. Losing the battle would be a bitter thing. But giving up without even trying would be much worse.

So do what you can, and try to help others understand why it's a good idea for them to do that, too. Spread the word and do your little bit - whatever you can - and see what happens. At least you tried.

how true is all that! good for you helping out where u can- thats all we can do? and we're okay today and that's the main thing! I have enough to eat and drink and a place to sleep - doing better than ALOT of other people on the planet...try to remind myself of that when I think I'm hard done by

-this thread has opened my eyes...even took off into the survival forum

I'm just gonna take little steps and keep it really simple but start to get ready at the same time, just in case # hits the fan, maybe it will and maybe it's soon who knows but I do believe sumthin' is up
..maybe just spending too much time reading at places like this who knows, lol

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Back in those days if SHTF the people were able to SURVIVE. I'm sorry but this Microwave TV dinner, hip hop, Oprah watchin', internet porn lovin', ADD havin', brainwashed, American idolizin', fassion victim, Military Lovin', Muslim hatin', Spanish speaking, tax paying country doesn't stand a chance of survivng if it were going to encounter the same proplems as our grandparents did.

gawd aint that the truth! and we are fast becoming like you! in fact we are now fatter than you!...thanks to you....lol.... America can be such a bad influence- seriously, we gotta stop hanging out with you guys

was just whinging in another thread about tv from the states and the advertising, its crazy! its bad here, must be intolerable there!

And that's why I'm suggesting you get prepared... Because the person living next door to you sure is hell isn't prepared.

gawd I know! thats the scariest part- other idiots..think that about my neighbours all the time, lol

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Haven't people been saying these things for many, many years now? Why hasn't anything ever happen?

Gee...

The World Trade Center turns to dust, The USA blames it on a group called Al Queda, we invade / occupy two countries... meanwhile it's clear as day to some us that 9-11 was an inside job (us people that don't have our head up our @ss)... And millions upon millions upon millions of people still believe this Osama guy is responsible for the whole thing after thousnds of facts suggest otherwise.

Another key point ppl have missed is that the Taliban and Osama were
US assets right up until the day of 9-11.

Sibel Edmonds formerly of the FBI spells it out

Sibel Edmonds - the details

Ppl have no idea what these corrupt pirates are capable of even
when it is printed in mainstream press far and wide.

Denial is always one of the steps on the way to acceptance.

I will not relish your arrival at that mindset, but I'd rather stand
with more ppl rather than less.

The truth hurts as you will see in my signature.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by epitaph.one

I don't think we are ready for a one world government. I think it will make more sense when there are colonies and easy space travel.

The problem now is humans are still so primitive that there is no guarantee that the incredible power of a world government and army wouldn't be abused, and if it was where would one hide? There's no turning back once it comes.

There's no reason why we can't just work together as countries and vent our competitiveness and national rivalries through sports matches.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join