It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atmospheric Phenomenen You May or May Never See- Part One

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
awesome post OZ!!! ive been into weather since i wa about 11, as i got into astronomy. Those realoly are beutiful pics and post worth looking at, educating and flagging

Ive seen quite a few rainbows in my time. MY father once, around 1989, drove out west to see his mother. He drove from CT to CA. Halfway mid west, i cant remember the state, but im thinking Nebraska, he was telling me how it rained, and a rainbow came out alte afternoon. WEll! it was once in a lifetime opportunity, so he drove right through the rainbow touching the ground, the end of it
Dosnt mean anything, but how many people do that at all

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Heres a bunch of other really neat weather phenomenon photos. None are mine (the weather here in Vancouver is pretty dull) but still really cool.

Lightning ring

Sprite lightning

Mamattus Clouds

Hole punch in the sky

Wall Cloud

Nacreous clouds taken by a fellow named Matt Thompson in Antarctica

Another Iridescent cloud

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Too bad we dont get noctilucent clouds this far south

You've just provided the excuse to share this NASA video about noctilucent clouds. Make sure and listen to the lyrics of The Chromatics

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Kandinsky]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Fantastic stuff QB

Ive seen that image of Mammatus before. There was always a big debate over it being computer generated or real, thats how good it is

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I had some cool iridescence views on wednesday when I was returning home.

Enjoy.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I wish we got interesting weather here in Vancouver but sadly not. Rain, sun, snow and no extremes. Even good thunder and lightning storms are few and far between.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
What lovely atmospheric photographs. I've always wanted to see mammatus clouds in person.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeeSquared

Me too, although if I had seen them before I knew what they were, I probably would have freaked out, stripped off all my clothes and ran for the hills screaming jibberish. Very ominous looking.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join