It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have the right mindset for survival?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
It is where I live I only come to my residence 2-3 times a month.
I got lucky $$ is not an issue for me! And I also do not use it!
My biggest problems in the wild are, the sun, believe it or not.
And deciding weather I wish to eat squirrell, fresh caught fish, salted venison, with some fresh water cress fried in the grease left over.
I think my biggest problem is that it has not happened yet, don't get me wrong! I do not wish it!
I just can't help but use the KISS theory ....Keep. It. Simple. Stupid.
Stay close to a creek, keep some sort of rotating reserves, "food stuffs" that are from the area you are to live in, NOT store bought stuffs.
You have to be able to replenish them! You can't go to the store, in a true SHTFS! And who can carry, "I mean honestly!" carry two weeks of rationings on top of, all there .45 acps and knives and night vision and hummers....you get the idea... that is they ppl I will be waiting for!
As for the weaponry, I plan to stay in a 5-10 mile square, I know every hornets nest, and have stuff stashed everywhere, traps, dead falls, sticks to wack the hornets nests I run past if being pursued.
I'm no expert but time, out in the wild is not easily earned, talk a big story bring your 150 lb pack and I will run circles around you, rob you, stash your stuff, and you will be happy to leave with out further harm...
I have lived here for over 35 years and know ppl for 200 mile radius.
I think it really depends on what type of situation, and how bad TSHTF is?
If its chemical, I will lose!
If its Police State I got good odds!
Martial Law evan better no one would want to live like I do.
I would not be out to rob ppl passing through , but if the were oppurtunistic, be carefull! And be very prepared, know your land better than the animals that live there!
Thats the best advice I know..

To stay a little more on topic I have thought about a lot of the questions you asked!
My neighbors bearly know me cause I live in the woods, behind my home, it is a front!
My closest nieghbor 1 1/2 miles? and a few of my friends are on key with most of this and keep up with ATS
So as far as worring about them? I will most likely not know it has happened! I will be living the way I already need too!

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Doc Holiday]

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Doc Holiday]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I know that survival is kill or be killed. I've faced those odds before, and I'm alive and well. I've seen the suck, I'm prepared for the suck, and I'm getting better prepared for the suck as every day passes with physical conditioning, martial arts, firearms training, backpacking with minimal gear. I'm good at improvising and thinking under stress, and I know that if it's a kill or be killed situation, anyone I care about and myself are gonna stay alive no matter what happens.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Yeah, that canabalistic thing is creepy. But the zombies are just hungry... and confused. heh.

Wonder how many obese people will die in the immediate disaster? Maybe that's their plan... eat everything while they can because they know they won't be able to survive. That's about 50% of the US population gone in the first weeks. And the rest would be zombie food. eek.

Of the 300 million in the US how many survivors would be left?
Of the 1.4 billion muslims... how many would be left?
Would the deepest aborigines in the Amazon be the best survivors?
After an initial multiple nuclear attack what would happen next in steps?
After a combined dirty bomb attack on a dozen US cities and nuclear missiles in India, Pak, and EU, and possible biologicals in South America what would happen in the following month?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by awakentired
reply to post by lilwolf

Well each to his own. I have stocked food for the wanderers. I am building water tanks for their water. When that is gone I'll use my stocks to help until their gone!

What does it matter if this NWO takes foothold if WE Americans can not even bother to feed a starving brother?
Why even deny their plans? IF there isn't something better than just looking out for number 1 and profiting while another is in misery?

Isn't this attitude the result that birthed the recent political debauchery that has taken us to this point of manifest greed and hipocracy in our "elected" public servants?

Dude you may have served in combat but you didnt become better for it. Compassion should have crossed your mind a couple of times.
And dont give me the combat crap..8 year usmc here.

lets cover a couple of things here.... 1 and right at the gate.... you can be compassionate but when you let them know you got food and items they are gonna need.... have someone bury your ass or leave it for the buzzards...they gotta eat to...

next.... well if you want to help all those typical idiots out there that do nothing and did nothing to prepare for anything.... that is up to you... i really don't care... your ass...

next...good for you on the 8 years... retired army here and staying alive IS my fortay.... now you have a damn good night... because when it all comes down... someone out there is gonna cap your ass and take everything you got..... you take of you and yours first.... then worry about all the misfits out there that want something for nothing... you protect you and yours at all costs.... you stand beside the people in your group first and formost.... and also you do not ever under any circumstances allow anyone into your shelter or your retreat.... you keep them out and you might live a little longer.....

and finally..... compassion is one thing and ignorance of the human animal is another..... do not mix the two... never works

top topics

<< 1   >>

join