It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Were Social Security Numbers Given Away?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

How Were Social Security Numbers Given Away?

www.google.com

When Tropical Storm Chata'an struck the Federated States of Micronesia in 2002, the U.S. government sent 1,300 blankets, 4,000 disposable diapers, 30 cases of sardines — and my Social Security number.

The nine digits that govern so much of Americans' identities are supposed to be ours for life — and only ours. But mine ended up linked to a Micronesian man who defaulted on a disaster loan from the U.S. Small Business Administration.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.fox44.net
www.google.com

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
If you thought Identity Theft was bad, try Identity Sharing!

Identity Sharing isn't Identity Theft, or so says the FTC, but if you were born in Maine or New Hampshire, then you might share a SSN with someone in Micronesia, and their activity shows up on your Credit Report, and if they default to their debtors, you are the one who is financially liable!

Although this has been known to be going on for some time, no Government Agency will take responsibility, nor does any Government Agency seem overly concerned enough to fix it.

The SBA, the USDA, FEMA and the SSA all are responsible for turning the other way and letting it happen.

And you know what's worse than not taking responsibility or fixing the problem? The fact that you can't sue any of the government agencies that are truly responsible because they have sovereign immunity and will not have to pay damages.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Nice and they want to control your heathcare and centralize your medical records into a nice central safe location so that they can take care of you for the rest of your life.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Had my social mistakenly entered on another persons small loan application. One different digit but get this...same first name. (which is apparently proof that I have an alias according to the credit agencies) That company is out of business but my social is still linked to him. That was over 15 years ago and his stuff still shows up on my credit. My credit isn't bad, actually it's been very good since I got a divorce behind me but this guys credit reads like a Greek tragedy. I still have trouble and there isn't anything I can do. I've gone through all of the processes, denials, paperwork etcetera but it still shows up on my credit. (after 15 years the guy just keeps getting worse)

Nobody cares.

Guilty until proven innocent.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Same for me also, My number has shown up on Loans in states where I have never been or for things that I never had. I have been called by Social Security about my disability deposit going or being changed to another bank in the north east U.S . Or as one time they said I was paid twice in two places across the country and tried to have me pay it back. It has been an ongoing Issue for over ten years now and let me tell you it is very hard to deal with.

Then as my Son was trying to go into the Army about 11 years ago we had an issue with his number We had his card and it was the one we got when he was born , and they said there was a person in St. Louis who has been using his number for over 7 years.
This seems to be a real issue and it can cause you problems unlike you could ever dream of. Like when you find your medical records have been given out to a company that has nothing to do with you.
I myself wonder just how many times and people this has happened to ?
There has to many many more with this issue than just me or the ones who have posted here.

new topics

top topics

join