It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible signs that the goverment is "telling" us something big/bad is going to happen?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
So last night, I was watching this new tv show called "COLONY" im not sure if you guys have watched/heard about it. In short its based off the idea that;

"a nuclear war...a cataclysmic event...a viru's breaks out into the world, and the world as we know it is lost. It shows how 10 people, come together and "survive" in a world that is on the brink of destruction, and tries to rebuild a society as we once knew it."

They have a certain area of LA, for only them...they have to figure out how to get water, how to make fuel , fire etc. Basically shows the viewers "how to survive" if...something like this happens..

NOW LETS BACK IT UP...
in the past 5 years...HOW MANY SHOWS>...HOW MANY MOVIES>....have shown us...humans HOW TO SURVIVE...juuuust in case..."something happens"
they seem to be increasing more and more as the year passes on.
Can you name some shows/movies?

SurvivorMan (my fav.)
Man vs Wild
Colony
Survivor

I am legend
The knowing (shows how it will be)
Deep impact
Armageddon
2012 (new one)
District 9 (maybe?)

i know theres more..what do you think?
the subtle signs of "well...we DIIID show u...we just didnt TELL U..."

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

I agree. Something is afoot.
I have told my wife this many times.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
It is possible, hindsight is 20/20 and unfortunately until these next years pass, and a conclusion is brought to, we can't know for sure.

I think around 2020 in my mind, is when the world should be wrapping things up. In either case. NWO or not, this or that, if it turns into 2020 and there isn't some semblance of humanity thrust upon the earth, I will go nuts.

Here's a plausible explanation: survival themed things are a hit now. It's trendy.

Here's one to go along with your post: The controlling bodies knows people are trendy. Our society is pop culture, and short term memory only. (in general)

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
It is a Hollywood trend IMHO. It is selling because we are now conditioned to have an interest in it.

Just like the Octo-mom and duodecca-mom is setting the tone to limiting the number of children you should have. The story is delivered in a way to disgust you. Mind you it works well.

Like posters on ATS this week blaming illegal aliens for our financial problems.
(Substitute "Jews" for “Illegal Aliens” and it smack of the hate Hitler used to get into power.)
Don’t read me wrong, illegal aliens are a problem but they are not the root.

Remember the writers in Hollywood are living in the same fish bowl of information as you. So ideas flow from the same concerns.

BTW- I am watching the show too.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Dont forget
"Life after people"
Do you think it could just be a trend? Something to capture the viewers fears. Im trying to think back to other tv/movie trends in the past that lend up to a specific event. I can remember in the 90's there was that big meteor/natural disaster trend (Armegeddon, Volcano, etc.).

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
That is very true...another thought that came to my mind is...
we all know "we're out of touch with the world"
if i asked you how to farm...how to grow...how to preserve meat...how to make a shelter...
almost 90% of us wouldn't... couldn't...and would die.

LITERALLY...
these survivor shows are "AMAZING" to us...because it IS foreign to us now.
which is really sad, that things we WANT TO SEE/LEARN...are thins we SHOULD already know lol

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by crw2006
Dont forget
"Life after people"
Do you think it could just be a trend? Something to capture the viewers fears. Im trying to think back to other tv/movie trends in the past that lend up to a specific event. I can remember in the 90's there was that big meteor/natural disaster trend (Armegeddon, Volcano, etc.).

ya THAT IS TRUE...
is was all about natural ways of us all dieing..
perhaps there BUILDING UP TO SOMETHING?
its interesting to see that 2012...basically includes all these things movies are coming out with now every decade

aliens
god
natural disaster
asteroid
viral outbreak
dimension change
nuclear holocaust

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

I stopped watching the colony....felt like it was too staged. I would much rather watch survivor man, or shows like that. They seem more real and practical. The ideas that they had on the colony were okay, but the acting and staging of the show sucked.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Jericho
Halfway through the first episode , I could smell something....you know...it was like a training video made to look ligit. FOr Those who didn't see it , it was based on nuclear attacks on about 10 major cities in the US, and what to do afterwards to surive.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

I know what you are saying, and I've had similar thoughts about this before.
I can't really say weither its worht reading too much between the lines with this sort of thing.
I am in no way saying you are wrong.
I just feel that so much in this world weighs on one thing only; MONEY.
Maybe these producers look at box-office ratings and see weither particlar movies are selling seats. They then echo the plot with a few changes, add some great CG effects and hope to crack the big one.
I do think that certain topics are fashionable at the moment- and in retrospect sci-fi often becomes reality.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I was pretty disappointed with District 9. I have NEVER fallen asleep in a movie, and I actually did towards the end of that movie. I was shocked.

It was a good story and all, just slow I guess. I don't know how you could relate that to survival, all I learned was that if aliens ever get stranded here and can't find any premium fuel for their mothership.. they become pesky neighbors.

But the rest of the movies, ya I guess your right. Knowing definitely doesn't show much about survival, if that happens in real life all you can do is bend over and kiss your ass goodbye.

You gotta keep in mind that death is easy to sell, everyone likes to see some death, look at movies like final destination. It's a hit, and so are epic death movies like 2012. The only thing better than someone dying, is when everyone dies. That's just mint.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

It was all about money.
They want us to want it;
But it is becoming worthless now.

FDIC is officially bankrupt this week!
Who is guaranteeing your deposits today?

Not the US government, we borrow the money from the Federal Reserve.
They could print up some more, but we need congress to borrow it.

They are at recess this week…..Please make a withdrawal of about $1,000 cash before Friday.
You can always redeposit it Monday.
Think of it as insurance that the FDIC is not currently providing.

PS your avatar is ...creepy. But I see that crazy frog driving you to do it.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Absum!]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
The entertainment industry is about one thing $$$, they don't care about preparing anyone. They have their own think tanks that try and predict trends. They peruse ATS along with other www. to get a feel of what the market is.

If you want to make some money, write a screen play about Armageddon. On second thought, there is probably a lot of stuff already written by the pros that also watch for trends.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

I thought you'd be discussing movies on BTS

true about the death comment though, and I suppose thats what keeps people interested in Sci-fi flacks also: The Unknown.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
very nice responses/thoughts everyone =]
you should read my other thread. It correlates

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by KRISKALI777
reply to post by king9072

I thought you'd be discussing movies on BTS

true about the death comment though, and I suppose thats what keeps people interested in Sci-fi flacks also: The Unknown.

I think we can both agree the subject of this thread is closer to ATS than BTS, I know you're upset about your tranny thread getting moved, but it was only a matter of time ;\

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

I know you're upset about your tranny thread getting moved, but it was only a matter of time ;\

OK, now you owe me a beer,
because you made the last one shot out my nose.
I need a wipe here please!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
ur onto something.
im definitely seeing what you're pointing out.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
well, some believe that if the collective consciousness of earth "thinks" about "something", the more likely it is that "something" will happen/not happen.

If everyone believes it is going to rain. It will probably rain.
If everyone believes the world is gong to end in 2012, the world will probably end in 2012.

Something like that.

Most people consider this new age mumbojumbo, and you know what? they might be right. But there is a lot about this sort of stuff within quantum mechanics. Our conscious intentions affect the universe. To what degree? Who knows . . .

There's a duality to it. If true, then we can put forth our thoughts and make this world wonderful. But in the same hand . . . make this place a nightmare.

I suppose we should hope it's not true. Because humans in general are not very good at handling responsibility.

[edit on 8/20/2009 by JPhish]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Maybe Hollywood knows something we don't...There was alot of odd coincidences involving Hollywood and 9/11, the most famous probably being Neo's passport in The Matrix and the episode of The Lone Gunmen that alluded to a very similar situation as many believe happened, regardless of the official story. Makes me wonder just how much influence does the Government have over the entertainment industry.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join