It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTC owner says $300K-a-day penalities almost over

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

WTC owner says $300K-a-day penalities almost over

apnews.excite.com

NEW YORK (AP) - The World Trade Center site's owner says it will soon be able to stop paying a $300,000-a-day penalty for missing deadlines to turn land over to the site's developer.

The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey says it will turn over the land in the next few days to Larry Silverstein, who is building three towers on the 16-acre site.

The agency was penalized $300,000 a day for missing deadlines set in Silverstein's lease.

Port Authority Executive Director Chris Ward told City Council members Wednesday that the final turnover will "start the clock" on Silverstein
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Interesting. Anybody have any more insights into this story, it is the first I've heard about it so I cant wait to see how this one plays out. This 300,000 dollar a day scuffle is because the port authority apparently does not want Silverstein to rebuild at ground zero and are concerened about how he is going to finance the towers. I guess his 9/11 insurance money is gone like dust in the wind.

apnews.excite.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This guy needs to be brought to justic. I guess the 3billion (I think that was the figure I remember.Please correct if wrong) for insurance claim on his newley purchased "Blown up" realestate wasen't enough.

new topics

join