It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

108 facts the government dont want you to know about.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Out of curiosity what does s&f mean I have seen it come up a few times.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by C-JEAN

Thanks for pointing that out I'll look into it.Like "ratcals" said will try to widdle this list down and throw out what we find to be false.I see you mention chemtrails.I know that isnt what this thread is about but,I have a thread with alot of good info on the subject if you want to check it out www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
How about one more?

The FDIC insurance fund went bankrupt in August 2009
and stalled bank closures because it could not afford to rescue the borrowers.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
i did not read them all but one that did catch my eye was #86 the one that stated that we broke the Kyoto protocol. this is wrong the USA has never ratified the protocol and thus do not have to follow it thus we have not broken it.
#104 USA died with Kennedy that is false it died on January 20 2009 with obama

[edit on 19-8-2009 by proudamerican1]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ratcals

Actually, I could get you the sources you want.

Anybody want sources? I've a wealth of knowledge on these things. Many of what was posted I can say is true, having discussed these things with Marines, SF, ect. And having them verified in college textbooks, as well as circulating publications from those eras.

"I can kill because 'In God I Trust' yeah."

It would take some time, and this thread would be enormous. Honestly, the proof for these things actually can be found on the internet. The best sources are from books. Truly.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by trey85
Out of curiosity what does s&f mean I have seen it come up a few times.

It means starred and flagged

Regarding the original topic . . .

It seems like a bunch of left wing propaganda with some CT thrown in for good measure

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mynameisjuan

Anybody want sources? I've a wealth of knowledge on these things. Many of what was posted I can say is true, having discussed these things with Marines, SF, ect. And having them verified in college textbooks, as well as circulating publications from those eras.

Can you explain #95 I know how the patriot act breaks the 4th amendment but not the others can you explain that.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by trey85]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Ridge says Bush Administration pushed to raise terror alert for re-election

rawstory.com...

A remarkable detail to be published in former Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge's soon-to-be-released book asserts that the Bush Administration attempted to wield the color-coded terror alert system for political gain -- a charge often leveled by Democrats but not previously confirmed by a high-ranking Bush Administration official.

From the book:

Tom Ridge, the first head of the 9/11-inspired Department of Homeland Security, wasn't keen on writing a tell-all. But in The Test of Our Times: America Under Siege...and How We Can Be Safe Again, out September 1, Ridge says he wants to shake "public complacency" over security. And to do that, well, he needs to tell all. Especially about the infighting he saw that frustrated his attempts to build a smooth-running department. Among the headlines promoted by publisher Thomas Dunne Books: Ridge was never invited to sit in on National Security Council meetings; was "blindsided" by the FBI in morning Oval Office meetings because the agency withheld critical information from him; found his urgings to block Michael Brown from being named head of the emergency agency blamed for the Hurricane Katrina disaster ignored; and was pushed to raise the security alert on the eve of President Bush's re-election, something he saw as politically motivated and worth resigning over.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ratcals

Originally posted by The Killah29
S & F, man. This was an interesting read, I'd determin that about 90%, if not more, was true.

Based on what? Not an attack but wondering why you blindly believe what you read?

I don't just blindly believe what I read, but, I trust the OP more than I trust any government in the world. To me what ever any government says, Is obviouly a huge lie or twist on the truth.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ratcals

You got freedom of speech in this nation as long as you don't step into any government group feet once you do you are label a trouble maker and a dissenter.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Those are very bios, and also wheres the proof to back up those claims, more left wing garbage. When are these people going to learn that the Bush's are gone, ther done it's over for them, stop blaming them and accusing them for everything thats wrong with this country!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Just because they aren't presidents anymore, does not mean that they still don't have an evil infulence in the world. Now i'm not trying to be give a biased oppinion, I believe both sides are evil, and so was every president, no exceptions.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
"I truely believe some of them are most likely true, but without proof, they are not true." -ratcal

tell me again what is "proof"? a link to a website? And then what is their proof? A link to another website? Or how about a photograph? And what is the proof the picture was not doctored?

It's impossible to have 100 percent proof for everything, because that is beyond the limits of empirical science. Only in mathematics can you have absolute fact, and with numbers you lose all abstract thoughts, so in conclusion you have zero chance of getting a 100 percent fact.

I agree with the original poster in saying that your initial reply came off as an attack, and then you complain about free speech? News flash, not everyone believes in the "constitution" the constitution is what this corrupt government continues to pretend to believe in, so obviously it is not 100 percent perfect, furthermore, governments don't give you your freedoms, nature does, so I find it laughable and sad that so many people who are against the government also try and invoke the free rights "given" by the constitution. The constitution is a legal document, although I praise it for its literary views on freedom, it exists in a corporate controlled legal system. It won't work for you and this is proven time and again. The only real benefit of the constitution is the rights that people believe in, so if you really think your freedom of speech was limited by him calling you a penis, let us examine this.

Did he silence you? Did the moderators silence you? No. Did you in effect silence his freedom of speech from calling you a penis? Think about that one. If you want to invoke free speech, you also have to let people call you names.

Go on, say whatever you feel, I promise I won't be mad.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Excellent post. Too bad the dumbed down idiotic general public can't read these.

The one exception, the insinuation that CO2 is causing global warming. CO2 may have increased every year, however, it has very little affect on the environment. Planetary heating has long been recognized as the culprit, NOT "Global Warming" or whatever it is being called these days.

Otherwise, an excellent and factual post! Thank you for sharing.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
A lot of these facts are very asinine and possibly untrue. And not to mention half of these are personal opinions. Here as SOME examples:

44) The US dropped 2 atomic bombs on women and children of Japan, to scare USSR.

37) There is a one world order, super-secret, ultra-elite cabal, known as the Illuminati.

45) There are almost 80,000 chemicals; We don't know the interactions of 99% of them.

61) A vegetarian (or mostly) diet is by far the best for you, the animals, and the Earth.

87) Nikola Tesla was the greatest inventor of all time (is that why you don't know him).

107) The US spends $788,918,400,000 per year on the military industrial complex.

108) Love Is The Answer

How many times have you said "the us spends X amount per t amount of time on the military industrial complex"????????

Overall, in my opinion, this thread should be reviewed by moderators and locked. Nothing backs up half of these so called claims either. A poorly made post.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by fordrew]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Factual?

some of the assertions (like black people represent x% of US citizens but y% of US prisoners) can be checked and confirmed or denied. But at least half of them (xxBush was responsible for the killing of JFK etc...or whatever) are complete conjecture and could never ever be confirmed or denied. This is just someone shooting his mouth off.

Certainly not factual until proved.

reply to post by octaviameister

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
whoa, whoa, whoa... that punk bush senior ordered the death of john lennon?

if thats true, now im pissed. i knew most of the other things but damn, john lennon?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I call for a lock/removal of this thread also. I read it when it was first posted and I want the time it took to read it back. I know I read about the military spending over time at least 3x... and most of these "facts" are opinions or can't be proven. Horrible post IMO.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
"61) A vegetarian (or mostly) diet is by far the best for you, the animals, and the Earth."

I'm sorry I just don't belive that at all.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist
If a few lies are thrown in there, then who knows how many more are.

This anti-government BS takes away credibility of any real claims.

If not for things like this list though, most of us would never even be aware of such things or the history involved with each of them....

Maybe it's sole purpose if for awareness.......

I doubt your ego would let you think this way though...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join