It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank Auctions Wrong House, Evicts Legal Owner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Bank Auctions Wrong House, Evicts Legal Owner

SOURCE: Things are so bad now that people are being evicted from their homes even when they're not behind on their mortgage. The Ramirez family was summarily kicked out, with their furniture tossed out onto their lawn, after a Miami-Dade Clerk's Office resulted in their house being auctioned off.

The man who bought the house told Anna Ramirez he paid $87,000 for it. The family bought the house for $260,000. Worse: the family including her husband, daughter and grand-children were also kicked out by Homestead, FL and Miami-Dade police officers.

The sale was eventually reversed by a Miami-Dade judge, allowing the Ramirez family to return to their home. Ramirez said she might want to sue for the damage to her furniture. Frankly, she should. There's no reason that this event should have occurred. In fact, the Ramirez family has lived in the house for three years and recently refinanced the home with the bank.

Wow, is this really what the world is coming too??? lol, time to tuck our heads between our legs and kiss our bottoms good-bye

[edit on 19-8-2009 by tmayhew01]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
That is just totallly #ed up. I dont think I would have cooperated with the whole situation well at all. I would probably be dead or in prison right now for how I would have responded to this situation. Thankfully this family was patient and cool headed enough to do it the right way.

new topics

join