It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I No Longer Trust In Anything

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I remember when my mind first made an attempt at sorting the madness that is aquiring a set of values. I set to the task of aquiring knowledge, and in retrospect, fell time, after time, into various episodes, theories, "truths" and scandals. From Politics, Greer, to Project Camelot, Serpo, NWO, Jaime Mausson e.t.c. Ad Nauseum.

I ran out of juice somewhere along the line, I realize this because at first, Abovetopsecret was a fountain of inspiration for me. And now, despite still enjoying my time here immensely, I feel too much annoyance. In short, I feel people are making the mistakes I made. To believe is to be inspired, there is usually a foundation of trust on which to cling. I seem, in arrogance, to believe that there is no longer anyone or anything I can trust, and it leads in turn to a feeling of overwhelming apathy.

As recently as watching Jones's "Obama Deception", I realized that despite the force of the arguments, that something inside of me resisted. Not because I believe in Obama's motives, but because here is someone else telling me what's what.

How many times can you be let down before burning out? So what do I find myself doing inadvertently? Scoffing at most of the up-and-coming ideas and platforms. It isn't even about disinformation or deflection anymore because I believe that people, in the main, believe what they believe. It is about our underlying abilty to be objective and resist the temptation to reach a conclusion with an unbiased eye.

There is no sense of awe, and touch any longer. I wonder and hope that I will be able to rekindle my enthusiasm for conspiracy. I'm wondering if there are others who feel the same?

Osci.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Oscitate

Your OP saidI No Longer Trust In Anything

Not even youself ?

It's a good place to start !

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
That's the whole point, surely. You are what you experience. You are the sum of the knowledge you have aquired, and in the main, it is fed to you and you have no control over it.

Call me a cynic but you cannot entirely trust yourself.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oscitate

Call me a cynic but you cannot entirely trust yourself.

Of couse you can!
You can do whatever you LIKE to do.
You are just saying that because you don't trust in yourself.
Its a vicious cycle. You can choose to cycle in the negative or in the positive.
What does the negative brings you? More negative.
What does the positive brings you? More positive.

If you keep digging you'll realize that its a matter of choice and not of belief.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Geladinhu]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

Good point. Just to clarify, it's not that I don't trust myself -- I am human after all. It's that when I attempt to rationalize I have to concede that -- esentially -- I cannot believe my own intuitions.

As you say, the solution maybe as simple as choosing to adopt a "positive cycle" despite the fact that it may lead to nowhere.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Well done! You wrote that beautifully. And yes I do too.

Trust doesn't happen because I want it to or even when I try to, it happens when there is enough circumstantial evidence to keep the doubts at bay. And agreed that its a lonely place to find oneself.

Keep objectivity, that is the test. How many times must I fail? As many times as it takes.

Peace

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Thank you.

Keep objectivity, that is the test. How many times must I fail? As many times as it takes.

You make it sound fun. I'll keep a tally

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I really don't believe that you are the sum of the knowledge you have acquired.

In this mindset one would automatically try to hold on to the bits of knowledge one has, which can lead to rigid thinking & a closed paradigm.

Personally I believe in not believing fully in anything, but rather seeing different versions of reality in term of probabilities.

Neil Kramer (one of my favorite people in the "alternative perceptions community") says it much better than I ever could: thecleaver.blogspot.com...

For me there has been a natural progression from conspiracy theories to more spiritual & metaphysical stuff.
I believe that spiritual development is completely essential if we are to make a better world out of this mess we're in as a species.

If you don't develop spiritually you can easily just end up replacing one fear-based paradigm with another.
So instead of fearing the Muslim terrorists you fear the NWO/Illuminati
and instead of fearing the swine flu you fear the mandatory vaccinations or the camps etc.

I guess what I'm saying is maybe it's time to expand your focus from "just" conspiracy stuff

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I believe everything can be counterproductive if we exaggerate on the use of it. It goes the other way also, I believe everything is productive in its own way.

I feel like you are exaggerating in the use of your reason and its starting to be counterproductive. It doesn't mean you should throw your reason away, but it means that you should try to be aware of what you are doing with it. Don't let it control you, you are the master.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MrVertigo

Thank you Vertigo, that is a very interesting article, however I have trouble accepting much of it. Granted I have little experience in this world.

Not all configurations of consciousness are ready to upgrade the bandwidth so radically. Not all are meant to. Furthermore, the Earth possesses a rich and diverse spectrum of consciousness; the human expression is but one of them. There are others. Many timelines, dimensions and destinies to unfold.

It seems an exercise in optimism. The echo seems to be the same: There is a world out there, if only you knew how to open the door. And I've been knocking for as long as I can remember. But each door that I've opened has at it's core a premise that has faith at its core. And that is exactly what I've lost my trust in.

How exactly does on expand spiritually, if not on faith? So far, the absence of faith and truth seems the most realistic to me personally. At least I have the impression I'm not being milked by someone or something.

God, I feel old and numb! (excuse the poor pun)

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Your title is "I No Longer Trust In Anything".
I agree.
Question everything, but realize one thing, eventually you are going to have to settle on an answer.
That answer should be of your own discovery, not that which is tube fed to you, by the m@chine.
σ

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I agree with you if by being counter-productive I'm narrowing my chances of finding meaning. In that sense you may be correct. Or perhaps I should take a "reasonable" risk, which may open doors that would spark me once again.

But I am aware of what is happening to me, which in the end, is why I made this post
(I'd like to put a stop to it, and there have been several great replies to this thread and I'm already pelased
)

Thanks again.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by reticledc

Thanks for the feedback Reticledc.

I would love nothing more than to settle on an answer, yet I can't. I've lived long enough to pass through several phases, but my mind seems to adore shaking off my personal beliefs and refuses to settle. I suppose the positive note is that I'm able to adapt -- somewhat.

There is also that corner of pride within me that hopes I never settle on anything.

As they say: May all your dreams save one, come true.

And the ride would be over. God forbid

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I think you are aware that something is happening. But I also think you are not aware enough to realize how and what is happening. I may be wrong, but I'm just trying to help.

I noticed that you continue to let your mind and reason take over you. Chances of finding meaning? What is meaning to start with?
By this question I'm trying to make you realize that your reason is incapacitated to grasp it all.

From my perspective it seems like you are addicted to reason, you think reason is the solution to all problems. You are so addicted that you don't even notice how you are exaggerating in its use constantly.

Try to let go of your reason for a bit, try to become more "animalistic", be aware of your senses, pay attention to all the stimulus that you are receiving and follow your intuition.

Stop trying to figure out the difference between right and wrong. Be more careless about your future and more present in the moment.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

My need for reason is related almost excusively to conspiracies and somewhat in the metaphysical.

It does not pervade my life outside of this. Attempting reason with my significant other would be a progressive suicide

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
"I No Longer Trust In Anything"

Spending too much time on sites like this will do it to you.

Line 2 just for you

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I think you are in phase II of enlightenment. You have realized that everything is illusion, only you can decide truth. All the facts mean nothing as they are based on belief systems designed to reinforce each other. This leaves you wondering how people can argue over something that is different for everyone.

You say that you cannot trust yourself. I say you have to trust that you will continually question your beliefs around how you came to a conclusion. That may feel like in a sense you don't trust yourself. When you are constantly reevaluating how and why in your every motive, then you are well into the second phase of enlightenment and it goes quicker after that...be proud of what you have accomplished. You have shattered your resistance and are well into receiving real truth not based on illusions.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
You cant trust yourself because if youve bought into propoganda or been brain-zapped by the CIA using sound-waves, then every thought you think could be a lie. Time to get out the tin-foil hat.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Thanks everyone.

Expostfacto: I'd like to think this is the case. As you say, time will tell.

ROBL240: My problem is that I took it off and tried to swallow the void. It's the complete opposite. (If I read the sarcasm correctly)

kenton1234: It certainly will!

new topics

top topics

join