It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emergency Alert Broadcast at 2 am in morning?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I awoke to an emergency alert. It did not say it was a test at all. I know we have been having alot of storms, rain but I checked today and there is only minor flooding.
I am really confused as to why this emergency alert was broadcast for kansas city. Did I miss something here? I am confused because it seems like they do more of this emergency broadcasts but never explain what it is for?
I called up the TV station that aired it and they laughed saying oh that happens sometimes?
Is this just another false flag like all those terror alerts after 9-11?
What is the emergency alert system for on the local level. I have never once seen it activated during an actual emergency. What good is it if they only activate it in non-emergencies.
Was there something that happened in Kansas City, Mo like a chemical fire or some sort of leak?
I am so sick of being awakened out of a dead sleep to these emergency broadcasts. This has happened several times; one time it said it was a test. I often fall asleep before have a chance to set the sleep timer on.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by dreamseeker]

[edit on 19-8-2009 by dreamseeker]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
it was probably a "conditions are good for a tornado, better safe than sorry" scenario.

my .02

edit to add:

There have been a few time where I live where the alert system is either to late to respond or just doent get activated at all.

We had a "micro Burst" in our neighborhood one evening that blew me out the garage door it was so strong, but we never heard any sirens.

~Sm0k3

[edit on 19-8-2009 by sm0k3]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sm0k3

They should have said that if that was the cause. The message was so general it could have been anything. All it said was an emergency alert has been issued for.. and it listed the counties in the KCMO area.
I just went back to sleep but I thought about it later on today what if it had been some sort of an emergency?
After 9-11 I remember all those terrorist levels. I hated those because it said look suspious activity but what exactly. If they have information why dont they share it. For me too little information scares me more than too much.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I have heard these too recently here in western NY, sometimes for flooding or it just happens i dont know anymore, i just ignore them now

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Stations are required to test EAS equipment weekly.

Try sleeping with your TV off?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
There's a buttload of watches/warnings ranging from flash flood to tornado watches out this eve. I'd get a glass of milk and head back to bed.

new topics

top topics

join