It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swedish paper's organ harvesting article draws Israeli outrageStory Highlights

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Swedish paper's organ harvesting article draws Israeli outrageStory Highlights

www.cnn.com

By Tricia Escobedo
CNN

(CNN) -- Israel has expressed outrage about a Swedish newspaper article that called for an investigation into claims that Israeli soldiers may have harvested organs from dead Palestinians.

"The article was a shocking piece of blatant racism," Israeli Foreign Ministry spokesman Yigal Palmor told CNN on Wednesday.

"This kind of medieval blood libel cannot be tolerated in any society and the Swedish public and government have to condemn and reject this appalling [incitation] before it actually encourages someone to commit hate crimes."

(visit the link for the full news article)

+26 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Well here we are again. Another damning article about Israel and the IDF written by a Swede and published in a Swedish Newspaper receives a strong condemnation from Israeli Officials as being “Racist and incendiary”.

When if ever will Israel stop playing the race card and understand that International norms are something every legitimate nation has to responsibly deal with.

A Rabi indicted in New Jersey last month on a similar charge of brokering the sale of illegal organs to wealthy buyers was real enough for the U.S. Justice Department to indict him on the charges.

Yet when a respected journalist with a wealth of Middle East experience and contacts from a country renowned for their neutrality exposes what could be some of the most horrific war crimes ever imagined, the harvesting of organs from battlefield dead and then sold for a profit on the black market, the ‘race’ card is supposed to just make any legitimate serious inquiry go away.

When is the world going to stand up to Israel and say enough is enough, your word and your protestations don’t substitute for credible and open investigations?

A shocking story, a shocking response, you would think a professional military organization would respond to such charges by opening and conducting an inquiry into it, not just crying foul that once again they may have been caught committed war crimes and crimes against humanity.

What good is law, when it doesn’t apply to all?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

It was replete with tales of the illegal sales of body parts; of furtive negotiations in diners, parking lots and boiler rooms; of nervous jokes about “patting down” a man who turned out to indeed be an informant; and, again and again, of the passing of cash — once in a box of Apple Jacks cereal stuffed with $97,000.

New York Times

It would seem to me based on the U.S. District Attorney's investigation into a Rabbi conducting illegal sales of body parts, presumably from Israel and much of the proceeds being sent back and banked in Israel that there could be something to the allegations of the Swiss Journalist who claims IDF soldiers harvested organs from dead Palestinians on the battlefield.

What is Israel wanting to hide that it simply doesn't conduct a credible investigation of it's own.

Why as normal does the U.N. not respond where Israel and possible war crimes are involved?

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Israel plays the race card to try and stifle any discussion on the issue, very predictable.

Well done to Donald Bostrom for having the courage to print this piece, and to Sweden for having free media.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

NEW YORK (CNN) -- One of the sweeping criminal complaints unveiled Thursday in New Jersey against 44 public officials and others includes a New York man accused of trying to arrange the private sale of a kidney from a donor in Israel.

You have to really wonder just who the donor was. China too is accused of harvesting organs from citizens sentenced to death by capital punishment and even has mobile execution vans to carry out the death sentence en route to the airport while doctors immediately begin harvesting the organs which typically have less than a 24 hour shelf life before being unusable.

Levy Izhak Rosenbaum, who lives in Brooklyn and is not a licensed physician or medical professional, faces charges of acting as a human organ broker. He offered to obtain a kidney for an undercover FBI agent and a confidential witness working for authorities, the criminal complaint says. The price was $160,000.

"I am what you call a matchmaker," Rosenbaum is quoted as saying at a July 13 meeting with the two undercover agents.

The undercover FBI agent told Rosenbaum one of her uncles needed a kidney because he had been on dialysis for two years and on a transplant list at a Philadelphia hospital, the complaint says. The first meeting took place at Rosenbaum's home on February 18, 2008, three days after the confidential witness contacted Rosenbaum by telephone, the document says.

The FBI as all Federal Law Enforcement Agencies tend to dot their i's and t's very well before indicting and arresting and most Federal Districts have about a 93% conviction ratio because of serious investigative work that first goes in to uncovering the crime and then documenting the evidence for prpsecution.

At that meeting, the complaint alleges, Rosenbaum said he could obtain a kidney for $150,000. He later raised the price to $160,000.

"I'm doing this a long time," the complaint says Rosenbaum told the two agents. He then added: "Let me explain to you one thing. It's illegal to buy or sell organs. ... So you cannot buy it. What you do is, you're giving a compensation for the time."

At their last meeting, on July 13, Rosenbaum said he had been arranging kidney sales for 10 years, the complaint says. Asked how many transplants he had brokered, Rosenbaum is said to have responded, "Quite a lot. ... Quite a lot."

Rosenbaum also told the agents he had brokered a transplant two weeks before their meeting, the document says.

Of course it get's hard to escape conviction when they have you on tape making self incriminating statements and admissions like these.

CNN.com

Of course here in America you are innocent until proven guilty and it is possible that perhaps the Rabbi was just setting up a scam and never intended to actually deliver an organ. We all know how honest men of G-d can be!

Yet you would think in light of such previous developments Israel and the IDF would be keen to investigate Organ Harvesting allegations?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I read your post, then looked at your signature.

I'm sorry, but it is obviously way too late to save anything useful.

This is obviously (to most) tabloid journalism of the same type as the "wolf boy" stories we see at grocery store checkout stands in the U.S.

And yet you seem to just automatically accept it as truth.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Boström's article, first to appear in English on Haaretz.com, makes a link to the recent exposure of an alleged crime syndicate in New Jersey. The syndicate includes several American rabbis, and one Levy Izhak Rosenbaum, who faces charges of conspiring to broker the sale of a human kidney for a transplant.

"Now that [the story] has once again risen to the surface, I wanted to point out the link [to the New Jersey affair] and the fact that there needs to be an investigation of the claims," Boström said.

Boström said he had offered the story to another Swedish newspaper, Dagens Nyheter, which turned it down "with no explanation."

The reporter said Aftonbladet, the most popular evening tabloid in Sweden, published the article without making any editorial changes.

Haaretz

Bostrom too believes there may be a link between the New Jersey case and a Palestinian family with pictures of a dead relative that had been operated on and sewn back up while in Israeli custody.

Israel claims it can't respond to such charges because of what happened in the Middle Ages in Europe?

Hello it's 2009!

Earth to Israel, please check your calendar!

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I read your post, then looked at your signature.

I'm sorry, but it is obviously way too late to save anything useful.

This is obviously (to most) tabloid journalism of the same type as the "wolf boy" stories we see at grocery store checkout stands in the U.S.

And yet you seem to just automatically accept it as truth.

The New York Indictment sure isn't a tabloid story.

If you read my post I clearly question "WHY ISRAEL REFUSES TO INVESTIGATE" and chooses to play the race card again.

How about you let my words actually speak for themselves instead of continually trying to interpet them for the dissinformation crowd?

Afraid of a little thing called the truth?

Topic Israel accused of illegally harvesting Organs...not Protoplasmic Traveler!

Thanks!

[edit on 19/8/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

The report quotes Palestinian claims that young men from the West Bank and Gaza Strip had been seized by the Israel Defense Forces, and their bodies returned to the families with missing organs.

"'Our sons are used as involuntary organ donors,' relatives of Khaled from Nablus said to me, as did the mother of Raed from Jenin as well as the uncles of Machmod and Nafes from Gaza, who all had disappeared for a few days and returned by night, dead and autopsied," writes author Donald Boström in his report.

Haaretz

This all appears to me to be credible enough to warrant a serious Israeli and U.N. Investigation of the allegations.

If it weren't for the very real indictment of a very real New Jersey Rabbi by the very real U.S. Attorney and Justice Department it might be more easily dismissed as possible fabrication yet clearly China is in this business of harvesting organs from the condemned so it's not as if State Sponsored murder for organ profit does not occur in the world.

It warrants a serious and credible investigation in my humble oppinion and I shutter to think the motives of people who claim such allegations don't warrant investigation when here in the United States the Justice Department sure does.

A Jewish Rabbi under indictment for illegal traficking in organs with close ties to Israel is hardly Palestinian orchestrated propoganda. It's a matter of record.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Great thread! Star and flag!

I don't understand where Israel believes they won the right to do what ever they want to whom ever and no one should ever question them.

If they want to be world players given world funding then they should have to answer the worlds questions like everyone else.

No more free rides...

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
ElectricUniverse punched some pretty huge holes in the story last night in:

This thread

and

This thread

At this point, I'm seriously doubting the veracity of the claims made by the Swedish paper.

TA

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer
Great thread! Star and flag!

I don't understand where Israel believes they won the right to do what ever they want to whom ever and no one should ever question them.

If they want to be world players given world funding then they should have to answer the worlds questions like everyone else.

No more free rides...

I agree and it's the hypocritical double set of standards that we here in the U.S. employ when it comes to Israel that causes us to become a target for terrorism by nations that see us apply to sets of rules depending on your religion and what your last name sounds like.

Israel might now want to responsibly investigate but the U.N. sure should.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
With as much as it plays the bigotry card, Israel is the Jesse Jackson of nations.

The same attention must be paid to its false allegations, ie: none.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

Well one thing is for sure if Electric Universe had real holes in this story to exploit there is a Rabbi in New Jersey with lot's of money who sure is in a world of trouble with the U.S. Justice Department that needs a little more convincing than the "Palestinians will say anything to make Israelis look bad crowd".

Once again like 9-11 things need to stop being tried in the court of public oppinion and taken into courts of law.

When nations don't credibly investigate and employ small armies of public relations people to spin a yarn for public oppinion it makes me wonder...

Why don't they want these things in courts empowered to investigate by critical minds with the Law instead of Electric Universe backing them up.

Yet another "American Patriot" whose Patriotism for America stops at Israel's door.

Makes you wonder where half of these so called "Americans" really live and just where there real loyalties lie.

Courts of Law do not = Courts of Public Oppinion and Courts of Public Oppinion should never be used to prevent things from being taken to Courts of Law.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
This shows the classic signs of a conspiracy theory.

The Israelis routinely autopsy dead palestinians, it's required under law for any unnatural death, palestinian or otherwise.

So bodies returned to parents with a big row of stitches must equal organ theft - plainly false.

Someone has an agenda.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Retseh]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

CHINA—In the middle of January, 2007, the BBC Chinese website published an interview regarding organ harvesting in China. For the first time, China's Ministry of Health spokesman Mao Qunan admitted to the practice of organ harvesting from executed prisoners in China, which he had publicly denied before. However, Mao evaded key evidences of organ harvesting from Falun Gong practitioners and denied that accusation.

This interview was conducted by BBC senior reporter Hua Ying. An Epoch Times journalist also did an interview with Dr. Wang Wenyi, who protested at the White House during communist regime leader Hu Jintao's visit to the United States on April 20, 2006 regarding the BBC's interview

The Chinese regime has had a long history of harvesting organs from executed prisoners, and an equally long history of denying this practice. In November of 2005, the regime's Deputy Minister of Ministry of Public Health, Huang Jiefu, admitted to using organs taken from executed prisoners, at an international conference in Manila.

As Detective Adrian Monk would say "Here's the thing"

As the New Jersey case demonstrates the black market for organs is lucrative. People with lots of money desperate to live will pay anything to live.

China long tried to hide it was selling the organs of executed prisoners only to eventually confess it does just that.

How can we know in light of the New Jersey case that this practice is not going on in Israel as well.

I doubt very much the claims that poor Israelis are selling their own organs.

Heck for 160,000K I would give up a kidney long about now, but the reality is that no credible Hospital in the U.S. is going to take out a kidney so I can sell it and profit off of it in an illegal organ black market.

Organ types have to be carefully matched too to the donor type. Who better that a Prison System to catalog who has what type to match them up with potential clients paying hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Israel keeps many Palestinians for decades without charge or trials in Prison and would be in an ideal position to fulfill orders from this kidnapped segment of humanity.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

The following is dated as 1-10-2002

The report says that the Israeli Minister of Health, Nessim Dahhan, tacitly admitted to the horrific practice in an answer to Arab member of the Knesset Ahmed Teibi. Nessim Dahhan said in response to a question by Ahmed Teibi, on Tuesday, that he couldn't deny that organs of Palestinian youths and children killed by the Israeli forces were taken out for transplants or scientific research. Ahmed Teibi, according to the report, had received credible evidence proving that Israeli doctors at the forensic institute extracted such vital organs as the heart, kidneys,and liver from the bodies of Palestinian youths and children killed by the Israeli Army in Gaza and the West Bank.

The report explains that the Israeli Army killed three Palestinian boys, ages 14-15 near Khan Younison on December 30, 2001. The army issued conflicting reports on the killing, while Palestinian sources charged that Israeli troops murdered the three unarmed boys in cold blood. The bodies of the three boys were handed over to the Palestinians for burial on January 6, however, shortly before burial, Palestinian medical authorities examined the bodies and found out that the main vital organs were missing from the bodies.

Source

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
This shows the classic signs of a conspiracy theory.

The Israelis routinely autopsy dead palestinians, it's required under law for any unnatural death, palestinian or otherwise.

So bodies returned to parents with a big row of stitches must equal organ theft - plainly false.

Someone has an agenda.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Retseh]

Well we know of at least on New Jersey Rabbi who had an agenda of selling organs from Israel at 160K a pop according to the U.S. Justice Department...

What do you speculate the U.S. Justice Department's agenda is beyond LAW ENFORCEMENT?

There is an old saying "I think thou doest protest to much"

This warrants a full International Investigation.

The only agenda I see here is shamefull attempts by those who fear the truth to prohibit one!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Well we know of at least on New Jersey Rabbi who had an agenda of selling organs from Israel at 160K a pop according to the U.S. Justice Department...

Word to the wise, those kidneys came out of poor Israelis, not Palestinians, but don't let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

There is an old saying "I think thou doest protest to much"

There's an even older saying - "don't p*** down my neck and tell me it's raining".

This warrants a full International Investigation.

I hear the Iranians are saying the same thing.

The only agenda I see here is shamefull attempts by those who fear the truth to prohibit one!

The last time I saw any truth in one of these Israeli threads was when someone accused the Israelis of being Jewish.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

And folks we have another person who refuses to see the B.S. of Israel.

Sad.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join