It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British NHS Suffers Crippling Employee Absences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
So much for the "superior" national health care propaganda from Britain...

Britain: Over 45,000 NHS Workers Call-In Sick EVERY DAY

Over 45,000 NHS staff call in sick every day, which is lowering standards of patient care, according to the first national NHS Health and Wellbeing Review into staff habits.
The independent review found Improving the health and well-being of 1.4 million NHS staff could potentially save over half a billion pounds every year.
Annual NHS sickness levels are 10.7 days a year per employee - higher than the public sector average of 9.7 days and 50 per cent higher than the private sector average of 6.4 days.
The NHS loses 10.3 million working days annually due to sickness absence alone, costing £1.7 billion per year.

I knew, as soon as a single crack appeared in the British NHS facade, the real truth of their inferior healthcare system would start trickling out. Before long, it will be a deluge.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I wonder why so many people in England are calling in sick every day.

That would be something to look into. Sure, the NHS employs MANY people....But how to keep so many from calling in sick? I hope they figure out a way to higher the standards, and keep so many people from 'playing Hookie'....or are they legitimately getting sick?

Anyone in England have any idea what is going on with NHS employees?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Anyone in England have any idea what is going on with NHS employees?

I am not from England but my first bet would be NHS employees are working with illness ALL the time. The probability they are going to catch what ever illness is making the rounds is high than for a normal office employee. After all they have little kids sneezing in their faces and other not so pleasant things so I would be very surprised if there absentism was the same.

join