It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives - Use Saul Alinsky's Tactics Against the Left!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Ever since the first raucous town hall meeting concerning health care reform, many voices in the media predicted that the behavior of the "unruly" anti-reformers would backfire on them, creating sympathy for the Obama/Pelosi camp. Well folks, the polls are in, and guess what didn't happen? In fact, the number of voters worried about HC reform has spiked.
From the beginning, I was amazed that the left, who for the last thirty years have excelled at shouting-down, disrupting and smearing, would be so upset at the behavior of these voters.
I think the conservatives who are truly concerned about the direction of America should buy "Rules for Radicals" by Saul D. Alinsky and take these tactics to heart. Don't limit this to the health care debate. Go through the entire administration agenda. Remember one very important point: the number of radical leftists in America has always been very, very small. That's why they had to develop these tactics. can you imagine what the current administration would be up against if even 20% of the people who turned out against health care "reform" turned into dedicated, committed conservative activists using Alinsky's tactics?

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Office 4256]

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Office 4256]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Office 4256
From the beginning, I was amazed that the left, who for the last thirty years have excelled at shouting-down, disrupting and smearing, would be so upset at the behavior of these voters

What reality do you live in?

In this country, America, it's your side who is all about disrupting things. Your smear campaigns and swiftboating is infamous the world over, and it seems all your side can DO anymore is shout down everything such as a single payer healthcare option, with no solution in place of it.

You just want more money. It's sickening what money means to your side.

I was independent through this election but the Republicans and Conservatives are pushing me towards being a Democrat just to get out from under the weight of the constant whining.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BaronVonGodzilla

Ummm did you not notice the 8 years worth of protests against the Bush administration?

The left did it with Bush sr. The right did it with Clinton. The left did it with Bush jr and now the right is doing it with Obama.

Its an on going thing and the left and right are masters at acting like the victim when things are turned around on them and that they haven't done anything wrong. Like it or not, its the truth.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

What world are you living in? Do you not remeber Vietnam the protest there American Vets being spit on when they returned from a war they diddnt want to fight in the first place? Or how about the Bush years Doesnt anyone remeber Code Pink up in San Fransico in Recruiters face? Or how about when a mob chased a recruiter? There are plenty of others as well... Hell I cant think of them all....

www.dailycal.org...
www.seattlepi.com...
zombietime.com...
www.youtube.com...
thehill.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaronVonGodzilla
In this country, America, it's your side who is all about disrupting things. Your smear campaigns and swiftboating is infamous the world over, and it seems all your side can DO anymore is shout down everything such as a single payer healthcare option, with no solution in place of it..

What reality do you live in? Seen any of the anti-war protests when Bush was in office? Lot of "your side" screaming, yelling and smearing.

Originally posted by BaronVonGodzilla
You just want more money. It's sickening what money means to your side.

Yeah, like the Dems will NEVER raise taxes, and never have in the past.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

What reality do you live in? You never heard of the sixties? Anti-war protesters? Hippies spitting in returning soldiers' faces?

Oh, yeah, can't forget the Bush years. More protesting, name-calling, smearing.

You're just upset because people - conservatives - are rallying and protesting what they're against - FINALLY.

FINALLY people are aware, they care, and they're showing it. I stand behind people that don't lie down and allow themselves to get trampled on. For too long, people didn't care, or didn't show it.

They are now. You're probably just one more that's upset because it goes against what you want. Deal with it.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

If you aren't familiar with the tactics the left has employed in the US since about 1967, you've been in Japan a long, long time. There are numerous politically neutral internet history sites where you can read about the tactics of various anti-war, nuclear freeze and "peace and justice" movements. If you don't want us to emulate your tactics, don't employ them.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Office 4256

Personally, I wouldn't recommend emulating the radical left's tactics. I think conservatives would be well-advised to avoid the left's sewer politics. It might lead to some short term gains, but in the long run, it would hurt us, just as it will ultimately end up damaging the far-left.

That said, we would also be wise to read, understand and learn how to effectively counter those tactics, but not by adopting them ourselves.

top topics

join