It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slow internet - Nationwide?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

That exactly mirrors my thinking, Mr. Jones! IMO the first flag that'll pop up that something major (by major I mean SHTF) is that if all communications cease from either a certain city or region.

Remember Katrina? Cell phone voice comms were spotty at best, but text messages went out.

Now that things like twitter have surfaced TPTB will have a harder time shutting down comms...but all THEY have to do in order to shut down the internet is pull the DNS root servers. No DNS, no internet..unless you happen to know the IP addresses...and geeks like those people won't be shut down regardless of what TPTB do.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by netwarrior

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Hi,

Okay, I watched the video, and I noticed a few things..

The Anchorwoman I think was directed to ask specific questions.

She said something along the lines of.........:

"Okay, so these are not pirates; then ****who**** are they?"

"Okay, so it's not timber, drugs, but ****something**** else; what is it?"

Solely my intuition, but I think she was trying to get the man to say something along the lines of NWO intervention, and covert operation....leaning toward terror attack/false flag.

I know at the very least she was subtly trying to lead the audience into thinking outside the box over this......Something I would not see on US TV.

I started off with my OP, and still firmly believe that. However, I have changed my opinion a very little bit. Here goes:

The NWO are Illuminatists. They know about a lot of esoteric knowledge, and are into numerology.

I don't think it will be one terror attack.

I think there will be three types of terror attack/False Flags. Each with 3 of the same False Flag.

1. I believe the Swine Flu is the False Flag FLu. They are already proving the vaccines are killers. This year there are 3 shots. I think the third one is the KILL charm.

2. The US economy, and two other countries economies will be tanked as the second False Flag. I have an opinion on which two, but that's not for now. Tanking these economies will be the final death blows to said nations as we know them.

*******3. The actual False Flag attacks as we know them now. I believe three world cities will be nuked; more than likely with what was carried on the Arctic Sea. I think their was an at sea transfer to 3 other ships each with a port destination in the world; one destination being the US.
The other two nukes would be going to the same countries alluded outlined in #2 above.

It's the ultimate tri fecta. It adds up to 9. Any dates, or multiples that can come close to that I think are possible.

[ /quote]

The above is a comment I left in "Missing ship may have special cargo". This IMHO is why the Internet, and Cellphones are having problems. Big things are starting to move.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I use DSL (yah, laugh..) but it actually appeared to be faster since the weekend.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Strange you also mention mobile phones because last week my husband's mobile wasn't allowing him to make calls (yes he'd paid the bill :@@
so he called the phone company and they said it was a problem over the whole area and they hope it would be sorted within a few hours. It was working again within an hour.

A friend of ours has GPS and it was playing up but he put it down to it being hot because the weather has been so hot. Working fine since that particular day.

This morning I couldn't access the internet for a good couple of hours. When I did manage to get a connection, I was waiting ages for a page to load and some just timed out. I even tried to post about it but couldn't. All seems fine now though.

I'm not in the USA though - southern Spain. Is this a worldwide problem?

Edit to add that I was just telling my husband about ppl here telling of problems and he's just told me that his friend, at work, hasn't been able to get a mobile phone signal all day! Now I'm really getting a bit concerned as to what could be going on?

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Maya00a]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
That's very interesting..I'm in NJ and ONLY for the past week or I would say 3-4 days my internet has been disconnecting nonstop more than ever. It literally disconnects once an hour if not more and I have to unplug my router and replug it for it to work...very strange indeed.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Maya00a

All I'm asking is that People remain vigilant. Yes, this is world wide.

I'll explain again, the Internet, and phones are slowed ON PURPOSE; The NWO cannot have widespread easy access to the truth by the People.

In my opinion it is WORLD WIDE.

Three types of terror attacks; each with three different attacks.

1. false flag swine flu= 3 shots this year, and I believe the third is the trifecta

2. economic collapse of the US, and two other countries(possibly England, and Japan)= economic false flag trifecta

3. actual physical world attacks; I 'feel' there will be one in the States, and two somewhere else in the world.

The NWO needs support. They need to achieve these false flags as a means to ****win the hearts, and minds of People********

Wake Up, Stand Up, and Shout Out NO MORE.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I'm on Oxford, UK and my internet was incredibly slow over the weekend, and on Monday. By Tuesday it was back to normal. It was so slow, that I pretty much gave up trying. Nothing seemed to load. It was very frustrating.

I just assumed that it was somethign to do with my ISP or the fact there are a lot of roadworks going on outside my house right now.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by netwarrior

Autowrench:

What OS do you run? Dial up, Wireless, or Cable? (please don't say Vista, please don't say Vista) I run Fedora 10 with a high speed cable modem (Time Warner) and am networking with my wife's PC. Sometime ours slows down, we just shut down for a little while, and reboot the modem, turn it off for about 20 minutes. Works every time. However, I also repair PCs, and most customers run Vista these days. Vista degrades, and after a few months, gets progressively slower. In the past two months, I have formatted and installed Windows XP to replace Vista 4 times for four people. I am installing Fedora on my neighbor's PC tonight, poor woman got a nasty virus, and decided to run something that doesn't get a virus.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Yes my internet was super slow this past late week into the weekend. It has only now regained full speed. Good eye OP.
DWT

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I am in North Carolina and use Firefox and AT&T DSL. Mine was so bad over the weekend it completely shutdown my computer - twice. It seems OK now. I have noticed within the last month that I get very slow response compare to a earlier this year and I have to reboot frequently.

My Cell Phone is always spotty here so I can not say if that changed.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Up here in the frozen North I've had problems this past week with the internet timing out.

I think the main problem is solar flare activity cause my cellphone wasn't working very well either. Reception was horrible in places were it should have performed 100%.

[edit on 8/19/2009 by Big Oil]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Vista Ultimate, and the only reason I run that is I have to run wireless and most Linux distros are wireless unfriendly. I run XP Pro on the laptop that is having issues, and XP home on the office computer.

I do alot of gaming on here and I really don't feel like rocking WINE with that. Therefore i'm kinda stuck with Windows. for the time being.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Also satellite T.V. hasn't been performing very well either channels have been cutting out completely for hours or sometimes a couple of days.

Just the other day I was watching a documentary on IFC then out of blue the channel disappears off the screen. I checked other networks some were working and other weren't.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
With so many animated/flash/java advertising banners flashing around almost every website you visit. Not to mention animated .gifs popping up on every forum avaliable, its no wonder the internet is slowing down.
Get rid of the damn moving adverts and banners that are needless and eat up fps/kbps and leave the internet space to users who actually want to access the sites and not the advertising hoarders who want to exploit them.
Im starting to get p.ssed off with it all now, wheres the regulations?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
You get the feeling someone is trying to shut down the Internet...

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko
"You get the feeling someone is trying to shut down the Internet"

My thoughts exactly. I've been hearing about some kind of cyber attack going on but I have a sneaking feeling that someone or somebody is getting ready to try and shut the whole works down for some reason. Make sense based on other things I've heard that are going on. Here in Oregon My cable T.V. went out for a couple of hours but my internet seems to be functioning within established parameters.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by kenton1234]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Add me to the list of 'internet practically unusable' over the weekend. Seems fine now.

Seems it was worldwide. I would have put it down to my ISP had I not seen this thread. It is indeed very odd that this affected as many people as it seems to have...

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/51eaf95869ca.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 19-8-2009 by tmayhew01]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Wow didn't know it was this big of a problem. Mine is really slow too I'm in Alaska on a cable connection. Noticed this started maybe 3 days ago. I thought it was my computer.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I work at a Global .com company and they have sent out several IT related emails regarding outages lately, but each time they come back with the same status:

Problem Summary:
Customers reported that they were experiencing latency when accessing .com

Resolution Information:
Support teams investigated extensively and determined the site was behaving normally. Revenues were not impacted. Issue is being downgraded to a P3.

Also, the entire building's internet slows or stops daily at 4pm Central.... this just started Saturday afternoon at 3:13pm. They have sent out 8 messages regarding it with the same as above.

Makes me think the NWO is making way for Inet2.0 and breaking this one

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join