It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

something evolutionists can not explain

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiritfilled
"feeling" is the ability to notice something and "feel/perceive" a sensation (pain, pleasure, etc) which will differ according to the type of stimulus.

Feeling is the ability to feel? Great definition.

awareness cannot be defined with words.

What about 'lightweight'? Can you define that?

If you can, you'll understand why I'm not wasting any more time on your stupid thread.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Brilliant.
I shall adopt your philosophy.
L8R!!!
//////end transmission///////

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Comment Deleted.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by theEXxman]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
You know I think I speak for others when I say I'm tired of this, "OMG I don't beleive in god so I'm going to make your life hell for a little while because you do" crap.

Grow up people! I beleive and god and you don't, the only difference between you and me is I let you get on with your life for it. I'm tired of all the religion bashing. Has it ever occurred to you that maybe some people with religion have an iota of dignity they would like to hold on to, or is dignity only reserved for a godless world?

For F(*& sake, will you people leave us alone and worry about your own problems!? I have religion not because of fear, because I beleive in something higher than myself, and have no fear at all of that being. Tell me my beliefs are founded on fear. That's utter horse crap.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

For F(*& sake, will you people leave us alone and worry about your own problems!? I have religion not because of fear, because I beleive in something higher than myself, and have no fear at all of that being. Tell me my beliefs are founded on fear. That's utter horse crap.

Firstly, it needs to be pointed out to you that this is a science/atheism attack thread, so it's pointless protesting attacks on religion when in reality you're completely out of context.

Secondly, people don't like religion - deal with it.

Thirdly, who said - in this thread - that your beliefs are based from fear?

[edit on 26-8-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Actually, some scientists have been doing research into the idea that consciousness may be "controlled", if I may, by quantum physics. The February 2009 issue of Discover magazine spells it out in an article entitled Entangled Life.

As I cannot find the link, here is a direct quote:

"[Stuart] Hameroff speculates that anesthetics 'interrupt a delicate quantum process' within the neurons of the brain. Each neuron contains hundreds of long, cylindrical protein structures, called microtubules, that serve as scaffolding."

Easy enough to follow. The article then goes on to say:

"Anesthetics... dissolve inside tiny oily regions of the microtubules, affecting how some electrons inside these regions behave."

That makes sense, right? Carrying on:

"He speculates that... [when] certain key electrons are in one 'place', call it to the the 'left', part of the microtubule is squashed; when the electrons fall to the 'right', the section is elongated. But the laws of quantum mechanics allow electrons to be both 'left' and 'right' at the same time, and thus for the microtubules to be both elongated and squashed at once. Each section of the constantly shifting system has an impact on other sections, potentially via quantum entanglement..."

If one is vaguely familiar with the basics of quantum mechanics, one should know that quantum mechanics states that a particle can essentially exist in two states at once (or both at the same time) - commonly called 'on' and 'off'. More:

"It is in this faster-than-light subatomic communication... that consciousness is born. Anesthetics get in the way of the dancing electrons and... are able to switch consciousness off."

Hameroff's theory says that consciousness is controlled by quantum physical interactions of electrons and other physical matter - that's right: consciousness arises from inanimate, non-living matter.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join