It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lockerbie Bomber is being freed tmorro - USA butt out !

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

And you're so sure of his guilt are you?

I'd rather a guilty man go free than an innocent man die in jail.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
reply to post by Ulala

That scum should have been executed and being nice to him will only embolden the current terrorist scum unfortunately walking the earth. Gaddafi is the poster boy for what should be done to terrorist leaders. Scare them so bad that they be nice for the rest of their time on planet earth.

It was Gaddafi's fault his family members died and he knows it. He also squealed I give when he knew the U.S. would be coming to the mid-east with a vengeance after 9/11.

I say cut off all meds and let him rot from the inside out.

The UK isn't barbaric so we do not execute people.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Part of me is thankful that there are people like this out there with forgiveness in their hearts.
Another is suspicious that such forgiveness is not a higher path, but a mask for inhumanity and spinelessness.

Oh, well. Maybe they will release him.....from 30,000 feet. Or they just needed a target at the caber toss.

The only way he should have gotten out is on his way to the gallows, or in a body-bag.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix103
The UK isn't barbaric so we do not execute people.

You ought to give it a try sometime.

It's quite liberating.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

We did, but then we grew up and realised that state sanctioned murder isn't something we find acceptable.

The one issue we have is that a life sentence which should operate as a replacement doesn't always happen. People are released when they shouldn't be.

Look into the case of "Baby P" to see the type of thing that can happen.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The real story here, historically speaking, is America's waning influence in the world.

Libya's oil is more valuable than our dollar.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
The real story here, historically speaking, is America's waning influence in the world.

Libya's oil is more valuable than our dollar.

Swings and roundabouts but I agree with your premise that US influence in the world is in decline.

Same thing happened to Greece, Egypt, Italy, France, Spain, the UK, the Netherlands and others.

No nation or group of nations will "dominate" the world forever.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Another move by the SNP administration to annoy the British Government and the United States. Politically motivated. Will cost them votes and probably power in Scotland. Stupid, stupid people.

Compassionate grounds never takes into account the lack of compassion shown towards the individuals brutal murdered by this terrorist atrocity.

Another fine reason why Scotland shouldn't be allowed to govern themselves.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Blair, 'blood money' and a Lockerbie deal: Talks with Gaddafi hours before BP agreement

Tony Blair has been accused of agreeing a 'blood money' deal involving the Lockerbie bomber with Colonel Gaddafi just hours before BP unveiled a £500million oil contract.

The then Prime Minister laid the foundations for the release of Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed Al Megrahi during a meeting with the Libyan leader in a desert tent two years ago.

The pair thrashed out a controversial prisoner transfer deal just before BP chairman Peter Sutherland announced the firm was investing $900million -about £545million - to search for oil in Libya. If the firm strikes rich, it could be worth £13billion.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Rothschild puppet Blair was last seen laughing all the way to the bank, but what's new.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Guy was framed up and should have been acquitted through lack of evidence. The prosecution case was sloppy and they couldn't prove without a doubt that al-Megrahi did it. They wanted a scapegoat and they got one.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh
Guy was framed up and should have been acquitted through lack of evidence. The prosecution case was sloppy and they couldn't prove without a doubt that al-Megrahi did it. They wanted a scapegoat and they got one.

A surprisingly common view (and one to which i subscribe). Normally wouldn't think of our judicial system working in such a way but 75% certain of this being a stitch up for political purposes.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
This did really surprise me and clearly shows the vast difference in the attitude toward corrections across the waters. Here in the US we incarcerate people for non violent crimes, we execute mentally retarded people, and we are have one of the largest prison populations of all nations. Interestingly the nations that are up there with us are the same ones we dare call barbaric, hypocrites all.

While I can understand the outrage, I don't agree with it. It is not our business what Scotland does within their system of corrections. Perhaps if the US were to put some sort of compassion into our criminal justice system we wouldn't turn petty criminals into dangerous ones.

Scotland good for you!

Oh, and please don't give me the "you don't understand" line. I have had 2 close relatives murdered and was vehemently opposed to seeking the death penalty. One murder does not take the pain away from another.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

What sort of sense does that make?
I'll just get you the keys for the UKs prisons and you can go on a nationwide tour letting all of our criminals out because, as long as my ar*e points south, there's going to be hundreds of prisoners who are innocent and have been the victim of a miscarriage of justice.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

What is the ATS way?Proof thats what.One way or the other.
Instead of getting all negative,try researching.

Heres something for you to start with and look up.

The CIA arrived at the scene within two hours of the crash.
They then removed an unidentified body,a second body that was tagged was then moved to another site,a third body disappeared altogether.

With many a conspiracy there is someone who becomes a patsy to deflect from the PTB.

You will find George Bush senior coming up if you do decide to do the research.That should sound the alarm bells to the so called official version of what did happen.

[edit on 20/8/09 by gallifreyan medic]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.

What sort of sense does that make?
I'll just get you the keys for the UKs prisons and you can go on a nationwide tour letting all of our criminals out because, as long as my ar*e points south, there's going to be hundreds of prisoners who are innocent and have been the victim of a miscarriage of justice.

You clearly do not understand the judicial system if you think that is in any way an acceptable opinion to hold.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by phoenix103

I don't think you understood what i was saying, go back and read again

Haven't thought that through really have you?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic23
I am almost at the point of thinking Uk and America will go to war against each other. Why do they keep trying to annoy us and stir us up? If it wasnt enough that (we are talking in uninitiated terms) they got us caught up in a dumbass multi-front war and put us in the firing line for terrorist attacks..................

Remember WWII?

You didn't mind out involvement back then..

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

I am almost at the point of thinking Uk and America will go to war against each other. Why do they keep trying to annoy us and stir us up? If it wasnt enough that (we are talking in uninitiated terms) they got us caught up in a dumbass multi-front war and put us in the firing line for terrorist attacks..................

Remember WWII?

Oh please, you didn't just say that did you

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

Remember WWII?

Yeah, better late than never I suppose!

Course, we were the only nation in Europe who managed to hold our own until your politicians decided to get involved.

Naturally, we've repaid our financial debt and supported the US extensively since.

That debt is well and truly repaid.

Got anything more recent to use or is that it?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

American involvement and supply lines started after the Battle of Britain. The United States declared war on Japan two months before Germany and, finally, the Soviet Union reached Berlin first.

So, yeah. Game, set and match

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join