It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown Object Photographed Over St. Louis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

SOURCE:Just thought I’d share a photo with you from this past Friday evening. It is over St. Louis facing East. A lot of aircraft fly this route (from the East) to Lambert Field on the West Side of St. Louis (about 15 miles behind me from where I shot this). The image is a 2.5 sec tripod shot but the object in the sky (to me) just doesn’t look like a normal aircraft. I don’t see wings, engines, or a rear vertical stabilizer….not in comparison with the visible parts of the rest of the aircraft.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/88fbf9e2de96.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/29849c666adb.jpg[/atsimg]The first closeup of the object has been enlarged only using Adobe Photoshop.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3ba406a236e1.jpg[/atsimg]
The second closeup of the object has been equalized used Adobe Photoshop.

Beam of light or actual UFO craft?

[edit on 19-8-2009 by tmayhew01]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Long exposure of an aircraft with the strobe lights on. Nothing else to say about it really...

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I have a few of these it is from shutter speed of a 747 or 737 lifting or most likely on a landing approach.
Sorry they are on real film and I'm too lazy to plug in my scanner..
If I'm not mistaken you are almost @ the river in southern St Louis or close to Collinsville IL.
I could be wrong....
edit after lookin it over again it was taken from the arch in the tourist tram

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Doc Holiday]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
it's apparently an airplane?
i don't get why it's perfectly flat.
Of course, i'ma der when it comes to photoshoppingand such.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Before jumping to the "beam of light" 'cornclusion or some other improbable explanation, I would have to go with airplane or helicopter. Having taken many, many long exposure photos of cities and night skies, I see no reason to look into this any further.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
EDIT to add:

The image is a 2.5 sec tripod shot

www.ufodigest.com...

Well.......That about says it all. There is no doubt now that this was indeed a longer exposure shot.

Phlegmi got it right IMO, it is a long exposure of an aircraft. Here is another long exposure of an aircraft to show the similarities:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1a23e41ae422.jpg[/atsimg]
Courtesy: designcorner.blinkr.net...

[edit on 8/19/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Explain the people walking up the stairs, why aren't they blurred like the "airplane?" I would imagine with an exposure like this the people would have the same look.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigshow
Explain the people walking up the stairs, why aren't they blurred like the "airplane?" I would imagine with an exposure like this the people would have the same look.

They are blurred but again they are not going 200-350 MPH either

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I would like to add, (since I grew up in St. Louis) knowing exactly where this image was taken that it is in the direction of the airport.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bigshow

Look at the object I outlined, it looks like a Farris Wheel or something. Either way that and the fact that it is stated in the article the shot was a 2.5 second exposure leaves no reason to beleive this is anything but a plane in my opinion.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b3bf623b5d78.jpg[/atsimg]

I am no image expert by any means, and I do not take pictures often. But I would guess that the people are not blurred because they are moving MUCH slower than the two objects that were motion blurred by the long exposure. I would assume any type of blur associated with those people would not be noticeable. But again I am no image expert so I might be totally wrong.

EDIT be because I did not catch the "2.5 second shot" part in the OP.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Cool, is the other blurred object a Farris Wheel or I way off there?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Woa woa woa woa woa!

Again having grown up there and knowing the exact location this was taken...... There is no explanation for the other object.... There is no Ferris Wheel in downtown St Louis. Closest one is in 6 flags 35-40 miles away....

WTF IS THE FERRIS WHEEL THING!?

Edit: I guess they just recently added a ferris wheel to a little attraction called the City Museum but judging by the location it was taken it can't be the city museum.

It's too far west. The city museum is on street north of Washington ave and 4th. This is taken closer to the Wash U campus. In fact the City museum is closer to where the arrow is pointing at the "UFO" airplane thingy.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by DaMod]

[edit on 19-8-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Certainly looks like a long exposure of a plane.

And barring evidence to the contrary... I see no reason to call it otherwise.

top topics

join