It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a simple Qustion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
we dont understand much abou the force of gravity we only really understand its effects. . . .

personally i think its caused by putting pickles in your tuna salad

[edit on 19-8-2009 by constantwonder]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jmotley

You asked : What causes gravity?

I once lived in northern India for a couple of years. As it turned out I was too lazy to learn Hindi, but not to worry, there were plenty of Enlish language books and newspapers I could read. Lots of Indians can also speak fairly passable English as well, so it usually wasn't too difficult to find somebody to talk to as well.

One of the things I began to notice as I settled in there was that the Indian view of 'western science' is quite a bit different than our own. For instance, it is said that the Vedas, the Indian equivalent of the Christian bible, for lack of a better comparison, come from an ancient time, now all but forgotten, when "human knowledge was perfected."

Eventually I began to form the opinion that the Indians in general 'looked down', more or less, on western science, as being kind of silly and maybe even infantile.

To be completely honest, I am pretty sure some of this 'attitude' rubbed off on me too. Maybe by osmosis - I'm not really sure.

Anyway, I saw the following definition of 'gravity' in a Times of India OpEd piece one Sunday -

The law of gravity is like the law of karma.

At first I thought it was meant as a joke, but the more I thought about it ( and I still do ! ) the less sure I became about that.

My view of what it really means has been for some time now that the Indians feel our Law of Gravity is about as silly as we feel their law of karma is.

I, for one, am inclined to agree with them !

new topics

<< 1   >>

join