It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Dems attempt to ram through Health Care Bill Cause a coup d'état ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

And how will they manage a takeover? What will their "weapon" be that will make the government stand down?

I don't think I can mention that here without violating the T & C's.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Interesting thread and I can see a real poopstorm coming from the insurance corps, but don't underestimate the will of the people. This government was elected on the promise of health care reform. The republicans fighting it now may be making a lot of noise but the majority will only stay silent for so long.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

but don't underestimate the will of the people.

The will of the people will be severely challenged if unemployment stays high. Even those with jobs are very concerned, as companies continue to cut.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I must say that your numbers look pretty impressive. However, no where on that page does it say voters want the current healthcare bill being proposed or debated.

A Rasmussen poll shows Americans don't want this bill. That doesn't mean they don't favor healthcare reform, THEY JUST DON'T CARE FOR THIS BILL.

Thirty-five percent (35%) of American voters say passage of the bill currently working its way through Congress would be better than not passing any health care reform legislation this year. However, a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that most voters (54%) say no health care reform passed by Congress this year would be the better option.

This does not mean that most voters are opposed to health care reform.

www.rasmussenreports.com... sing_congressional_plan

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I must say that your numbers look pretty impressive. However, no where on that page does it say voters want the current healthcare bill being proposed or debated. A Rasmussen poll shows Americans don't want this bill. That doesn't mean they don't favor healthcare reform, THEY JUST DON'T CARE FOR THIS BILL.

Both sets of polls seem to be true. I think the problem is the way the questions are being asked, when they are being asked, and WHO is being asked.

I've been really amazed at how conflicted the polls are. I also think that people are so upset about the Stimulus bills, the Bailouts, and the Deficit, that they've just decided to draw a line in the sand with this bill.
Personally, I think the health care system in this country NEEDS reform, but I don't think that a 1000 page bill that even Congress hasn't read, and that admittedly contains lots of pork and items put in to get individual votes of Congress is NOT in the best interest of the American people.
We need 3 issues solved first:
1.) Prohibiting Insurers from dropping people, when they get ill, or refusing to cover them because of pre-existing conditions.
2.)Controlling the out of control cost increases for insurance and medical care
3.)Giving everyone that WANTS insurance access to it, with some form of assistance for those truly needy people.

Item 1 should be readily do-able.
Certain aspects of item 2 are readily do-able also. Some will require quite a bit of work though.
Item 3 is a bigger problem.

We need a thorough, civilized, educated debate concerning the entire issue, without partisan politics on both sides.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by ProfEmeritus]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join