It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Jesus A Buddhist?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by visible_villain

I agree with you also. It's incredible to think that we (humans) can't keep accounts accurate. Two thousand years isn't really that long in the scope of time, but I guess recorded history hasn't been that well recorded until we get to very modern times. Big brother and all...

Even so, misunderstandings, rumors, and lies still run rampant.

Back to topic. I would love to know the whole truth. I wish something ANYTHING was definite.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Im not sure where the links are or if it has been posted...

Jesus was said to be the son of Queen Cleopatra and the Caesar, when the ppl came to kill the son they sent their son off with 2 of their trustees, Mary and Joseph (after translation). They were said to have made it to india, but history says that caesarion (the son) was killed by octavion.

The research that i did a while ago (sorry i cant find it) said that he was killed at age 17, but then the other research says he headed to the east with his quardians mary and joseph... I think this is why the bible is trying to hide what happened to jesus as a child. AND a cool fact, Caesarian was called the king of kings at his young age... look it up in google... funny jesus was also called the king of kings

Anyways Yes i think Jesus practiced Buddhism, but i think in reality he was of no religion, i think he found truth in his explorations of the world (as a traveler) and tried to bring truth to the world. I dont even think Jesus was Christian or Jewish really (as christians are IMO BRAINWASHED to believe)... In my opinion he was one of the First Truth Seekers to exist in our existence on this planet... and i think he found some of the anwsers he sought.

Some say Jesus' bloodline still continues... and I believe that also.

here is a link from newsweek saying Christians are becoming more Hindu...
www.newsweek.com...

I believe Christians are becoming hindu as Jesus practiced hindu and preached about it (when he went to the desert he practiced meditation and in the bible he speaks of many buddhist and hindu methods -which are similar but not alike)

As Christians learn to fully follow Jesus' message they are fleeing Zionism and going to the truth of what Jesus was preaching in my opinion.

Im not Christian anymore altho i was highly religious as a child up til i was in high school... then i noticed i practiced my religion more like buddhist and hindus...

"When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, "Who do people say the Son of Man is?"

So when Jesus basically came home...(or where they had originally set to get rid of him) he asked people who do they call the son of man... i think translation was lost... I think Jesus was trying to see if they knew who he really was... the Son of the Queen... and or Pharoah of Egypt, and the son of the previous caesar...

my 2 cents

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by visible_villain

Much to my surprise, this is just propaganda designed to plant doubt in those who have poor training...i.e., typical one verse charlie churches who just preach salvation like a broken record and who do not teach the whole Word of YHVH, chapter by chapter and verse by verse. These churches would not get good marks from Yeshua who only gave good marks to two churches of the 7 letters to 7 churches. It is even worse today!

There were so many errors in that and deliberate lies....

Two thumbs down for that pathetic vid from the bbc, who are not known for trashy vids like that. If not the bbc then whoever edited it and broadcast it.

Sorry, no offense meant to the poster, I do appreciate seeing it anyways, knowing that the enemy of truth still has not stopped playing mind games with people. I don't get to see propaganda like this too often!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I'm no expert on any religion , raised catholic but now I'm a little
unsure of the faith . Still believe in God and the Bible , it's what I
grew up with. I came across this website that talks about a religion
I've never heard of . It started in Iran of all places 150 years ago
.It doesn't dispute any religion or it's beliefs rather the cooperation
of all faiths the advancement of all people among other things. They
are most hated in Iran

www.bahai.org...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOverDrive

If you were raised catholic you should remember the most important fact...

Jesus was anti-organized religion... He reformed the jewish religion and created the Christian religion incidently as the Jewish rebeled against the romans... Jesus was a seeker of truth and was not of any religion, he accepted he was created and that we are all a part of this life and we should treat each other as we want to be treated... in essence we are all equal. We are all seeking truth and we dont need an organized religion to tell us what we dont know. The one good thing about Christianity is that it changes over time to the new ages... the flaw is that the Jewish still think they are better than everyone else and get the full support of Christians...

I hope one day the truth will be told but society is not yet ready to handle it... thus is why we are all here on ATS, to speak about such topics and discern truth for ourselves.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
From stuff i was reading on it seemed as though jesus and buddha followed the teachings of the mu teachings. They say it was the first religion,but It's probably a myth. It had some good info that made more sense than any religion to me. got the time you should check it out.

www.sacred-texts.com...

i always thought he was just a man or an idea of a man who actually followed his spiritual side, the yang to our yin, could just be the sun like zeitgeist said, who knows.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by rjmelter

People are ready for the truth, they just aren't getting it from the Catholic church.
At least not the way you tell it.
The cathiolic church is highly organized. Are you saying Jesus would not approve?
Your perspective is interesting.I've never heard it explained that way.
Thanks

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I like a good conspiracy like anyone but I think those that would believe the India theory should know a couple things:

1. There's no indication that Jesus went "missing." Mark chapter six describes how Jesus was not accepted in his home town because everyone there was really familiar with him:

"Is this not the carpenter, the Son of Mary, and brother of James, Joses, Judas, and Simon? And are not His sisters here with us?”

Apparently people knew Him and his whole family rather well. Meaning Jesus didn't just show up a year prior at the age of 29.

2. The India idea can be traced mainly to the Ahmadiyya muslims of the region and to gnosticism. This "Issa" scroll written about by Nicolas Notovitch is strangely unavailable for scrutiny and stands strongly refuted by Edgar Goodspeed's book Strange Gospels (1931) and more recently by Per Beskow's Strange Tales about Jesus: A survey of unfamiliar gospels (1983).

3. Christ did come to India by way of the Apostle Thomas around 52 A.D. This religious tradition has never been contradicted. In fact, here's an extract of what's purported to be the Issa Scroll. Anyone can read it themselves and decide. If you ask me it reeks of gnosticism.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

I can't find sources for you, but I have heard many times that during the 20 odd years of Jesus' life that was left out of the bible, he went to lots of places in Asia to learn their ways.
Buddhism doesn't necessarily have to be a religion per say.
They have a famous saying, "Don't believe in the Buddha, just believe in yourself."
I believe, if Jesus existed, it is very possible he learned eastern philosophy as much of what he says is all about your own inner peace.
I think a lot of what jesus said has been lost in translation.
Jesus, Buddha, both were awesome guys in my book!

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Odessy]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

well, like my post above states, it is not registered anywhere in any texts where Jesus spent the majority of his life as the bible talks briefly about his childhood and then skips straight to adulthood...
He could have been anywhere.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

too bad no one is gonna take this seriously, typical ATSers who never seem to engage in a reasonable discussion, unless they are forced to do so. If you read all the available scriptures, you would notice the similarities and the changes they have inherited due to its spread around the globe. All in all most scriptures are either from the same author, or derived from one another. The example of scriptures would be Quran, bible, old testament, the Veda, the Sutras etc..

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Reply to a post back on page one, but I'd thought i would say it anyway....

I don't believe a word any church says either, they've had a long time to figure out how to manipulate people. So why believe anything? Look for yourself. Then you can find true meaning.
I believe that Jesus' teachings are far more relevant then anything else Christianity has added to it. Nothing but manipulation to herd sheep onto either side of the road.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

The 'missing' years of Jesus was spent in the land of what makes up India today. What he learned there was Revolutionary and he carried his new insights back home to his people. What he learned was the sense of a 'collective' revelation of humanity and chose to spread his newfound wisdom unto his people of origin. Jesus only wrote in the sand and cared deeply for his fellow man, his Neighbor, because he spoke many Truths unheard of at the time. He never claimed to be God or God's son. He was beloved among his new-'found' Brethren because he meant well for his fellow man. One can usually sense when another truely means well. You could say he was Enlightened though what he learned was only 'part' of the puzzle. The Roman and Jewish oligarchies of the day saw him as a threat to their 'control' and had him executed. His fellow man had betrayed him and to this day, man still betrays his neighbor and you all pay a collective price; do you not?

There was a Creator before there was papyrus of which attempted to put ^ to paper. There is no need to 'label' a religion as a means of knowing God/Creator. One can never define a Truth to paper. There are too many 'contingencies' to simply put a Truth to paper. A blind, deaf, dumb and illiterate human can discover Truth and Reason. Intellect is absent in the animal kingdom and for good Reason.

Humans are of a 'different' cloth altogether. Each human is born with gifts whereby if these gifts are 'collectively' re-cognized, polished and shared among humanity as a whole, the human race as a whole could achieve what our Creator had always intended; Unity, Oneness, in concert with the Cosmos.

Look at each human as a piece of the puzzle to their collective salvation and understanding of where they 'fit' in the Big picture and bring back the innocence lost in the fabled "Land of E-den".

Divided and Conquered or Collectively Whole?
You have a Choice. You always have.
Freewill is a gift, whereby determinism=slavery and not of 'your' world.

Why is it so difficult for one to accept UFO's and ET's?
Your Creator is not of 'this' planet; this is a given though is it acknowledged?

Does this not oblige Reason?

Unfortunately, when dealing with Foolish Tyrants, sometimes violence is necessary. Is it not recorded throughout the 'texts' of history regardless of the fact that history is written by the victors?

I'm currently disgusted with the 'status' of humanity.
The 'people' have allowed themselves to be Divided and Conquered by a class of Fools who never find 'satisfaction' in their own lives and for Good Reason. Is this not evident? Look around you. Is anyone truely Free and content in their lives?

If a human has 'Power' within, they have no need to attempt to 'take' it from another. They end up taking it from themselves in their End. Fools always follow the folly of Fools.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
huh... Jesus. The hero of a story... religion is crap to me. I find my faith in God through my own experiences in life. Why on earth would a god bother with a Jesus... really? If he had bothered with the outcome you have now he surely would have erased it by now and started a new. religion is always so lack of common sense its no wonder the world looks the way it does today...just stupid. I'm not atheist either.

on topic though Jesus a Buddhist...I dunno which Jesus we talking about?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I think you are totally wrong - most people don't understand booddhism, nor "christianism".

The fact is there is a lot of strong lessons given by jesus, and they are NOT NIHILIST ! Contrary to "booddha" lessons.

The difference betwwen jesus and buddha, is the difference between a community for freedom, and a TOTALLY individualistic - nihilistic - mind - that deny the LIFE itself !

Jesus view is politic , finally. His position on money , market and a lot other thing cannot be compared with the void position in buddhism ( or other nihilist religions ).

Well , let say also that this is my position, and it is build upon text, that is not what the "religion" ideology try to communicate to their SHEEP.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
For instance jesus clearly was not a monk. Jesus didn't want to build monk and make a society of monks ! NOT a community a people that don't live their own "believe" and freedom.

The gap is enormous.

As jesus view is politic - SO he was a REBEL - and has been destroy because he was a rebel, AGAINST THE STATU QUO, THE CONFORMISM.

The Fragile Absolute: Or, Why is the Christian Legacy Worth Fighting For?

www.amazon.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiritfilled
there were lots of people called "jesus" back then. its just a coincidence. the people in israel said "is this not the carpenters son?" because he was just a regular carpenter until he received the power of the Spirit on a 40 day fast at the age of 30. Then he revealed that he was God's son.

Than explain me why those records (diaries) of Tibetan monks say that Jesus spent the same amount of time hanging in there with them studying the Naacal tablets that the Bible says he spent in the desert?

He leaves their temple due to a disagreement regarding the interpretation of one of the tablets. The monks insisted on the idea of a reincarnating body in the sense that everything that composes your body in this life is exactly what will be used to create your next one. And Jesus basically said that their interpretations was crap and that only the soul would re-incarnate and that bodies were basically just disposable vessels. Soon after this heated debate according to their logs he leaves them.

Also, explain me why this lineage of monks still recognize Jesus a enlightened being just like Buddha?

On a side note I really can't see Jesus as pretentious guy that speaks "I'm the son of GOD you shall follow me or you'll fry in hell for all eternity", that is just the result of centuries of editings to suite a religion interests. Many read his teachings very few truly get it. In fact I can safely say that no one gets it, including my self.

Why do you think that most of the gospels specially the only one that was written in Aramaic in first person dating from the same period Jesus was alive (most likely by Jesus himt self) and the one allegedly from Mary Magdalene which was indeed his right arm are neglected by the Catholic Church?

Why do you think they've made Mary Magdalene look like an prostitute while there isn't a single line in the Bible that says she was?

In the end it's all a big mistery for most and fairy tale for some. Personally I can't dismiss those and simply stick to a book that hasn't been written by him and has been edited several times throughout the centuries to suite institutions tastes. Sometimes even edited by people that were far from having the best of the interests in doing it or spreading his words.

Anyway... religion and politics

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
all i wanna say, is read this chapter from The Gods of Eden...

here's a little teaser...

According to the Buddhist legend uncovered by Notovitch, a remarkable young man named “Issa” had departed for Asia at the age of thirteen. Issa studied under several religious masters of the East, did some preaching of his own, and returned to Palestine sixteen years later at the age of 29. The significant parallels between the lives of “Issa” and Jesus have led to the conclusion that Issa was, in fact, Jesus. If true, such a journey would certainly be omitted from the Bible because it contradicts the idea that Jesus had achieved spiritual enlightenment solely by divine inspiration.

read the whole chapter for an elaborate explanation, and read the whole book for some great history!

[edit on 20-8-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaskade

Originally posted by badmedia
Real knowledge of the holy is understanding. Understanding is universal and available to all those who seek it. Only the manner in which that understanding is expressed changes.

I don't think the OP is trying to ask what is a universal religion, and what isn't. IT IS QUITE OBBBVVIOOUUSS that any religion preaches fundamentally the exact same things. I think what she is trying to say, did he LEARN from a Buddhist monk, and was it essential to the founding of Christianity. Was his teachings influenced from Buddhism.
Can we try to stay on track to the forum please?

And the answer I have given you is a direct NO. You are making an assumption that anything one can know must have been learned from someone else, and that people are incapable of learning things on their own. That if someone said the same thing, or the same understandings before the other person, that the teachings must have came from that source.

It's a major flaw in the general mainstream view of humans in modern times. Everyone wants a "source" for the information, as if people are incapable of original thought and understanding.

But in doing so it ignores - how did the original person come up with it, what was their source?

The entire reason this thread is looking for a Buddhist connection is because they are looking for the source.

But I already know the source, because the understanding Jesus speaks comes from only 1 place. And that is the father. And it is available to anyone who seeks such things, regardless of where they are. You don't need to go to some Buddhist temple to learn it. The similarities are a result of the understanding being universal, no different than the way math is universal understanding.

How do I know this? Because that is the same place my understanding comes from. I didn't get my understanding from a religion or from any man. Nor is any man really capable of given that understanding in the first place. It is impossible that the understanding came from another man.

I could read the words of Jesus before I gained understanding and it didn't make sense to me. I could not "see", or "hear" the understanding in his words. Only after I gained understanding on my own through a direct relationship with the father could I really hear and see the understanding, but I know where that understanding really came from.

By claiming what Jesus says is learned by Buddhists, you are really just denying the father as the source. Even if Jesus went to India and such, that still doesn't mean he was learned from buddhists, because that is to say man can teach you these things. When a man with this understanding will know and tell you - I can not give you this understanding, I can only point you in the direction of it.

So again I say understanding is universal and available to those who seek it. The similarities are a result of understanding being universal, rather than it being passed down from "sources of men".

Read Proverbs 8 and 9 among others. It talks of where these things come from.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Is it possible that Buddha is actually Buzi of the old testament? Buzi was the father of Ezekiel the priest. Ezekiel 1:3

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join